April 29, 2005 07:11AM
we free again
live it up
suffer da right
picture on the wall
Spliff Smoker
Re: your top groundation cuts
April 29, 2005 08:48AM
Confusing situation is good, but I've only heard a few.
April 29, 2005 09:09AM
Waterfall
Picture on the Wall
Wanna Know
Smile
Nyabinghi Order
Jah Jah Know
Silver Tongue Show
Hebron
Freedom Taking Over
Undivided
Praising
Suffer the Right
Wish Them Well
We Free Again
The Seventh Seal
Long, Long Ago
Confusing Situation
Dream
Young Tree
Groundation Chant
Grounding Dub

I am a huge Groundation fan.

Peace.
Dubification
April 29, 2005 09:28AM
Jah Jah Knows
Weeping Pirates
Freedom Taking Over
Groundation Chant/Dub
4th Dimension
Praising
Music is the Most High
Smile
seed
April 29, 2005 10:12AM
best horns ive heard since Izzy Vibes.. I dont think apple has much to do with that but he could...Don too maybe...but the trumpet player is rediculous... I wish I could see them on tour..nobody waan come to vegas. Toots and Don will be here in June though...same time as Sierra so I guess no chance of Don making it to frogtown again
seed
April 29, 2005 10:14AM
jah jah know...unbelieveable, its good to see music this good still be produced today
fede
April 29, 2005 10:36AM
horns with izzy vibes??? thats all t-bird on keys right?

seed
April 29, 2005 10:40AM
is it? I dunno... roots radics doesn't have somebody play the trumpet or sax?
seed
April 29, 2005 10:48AM
chico, nambo, and dean fraiser....right?
fede
April 29, 2005 10:49AM
naa bro, not that I've ever seen live or studio... its all t-bird.. sounds like real horn though huh...
too bad he dont play with them anymore.
fede
April 29, 2005 10:50AM
ahh yea.. I guess on older stuff they had real horns.. but not recently
fede
April 29, 2005 10:53AM
your totally right... but t-bird will make you think thats real horns, when it isn't.. I've never seen em live with horns still
seed
April 29, 2005 10:55AM
yeah thats what i figured..but at least there is some real roots behind the sound huh? Groundation uses actual instruments now don't they?
seed
April 29, 2005 10:56AM
t-bird is nice
fede
April 29, 2005 10:58AM
groundation is all live horns as far as a I know
April 29, 2005 11:28AM
i have never seen izzy vibes live play with horns.

as for the comment about tbird making you think that its real horns...i'd have to totally disagree with that. you are obviously not a horn player, as it is easy to distinguish between a synth throwing down horn lines and actual horns.
seed
April 29, 2005 11:35AM
...if your a horn player.

suprised nobody put congress man...its nice too
fede
April 29, 2005 11:41AM
well, you are right.. I am not a horn player!

I would agree with you, synth and live horns do sound different. they are completely different instruments.. one is electronic and made of plastic and metal, the other is a wind instument made of brass. t-bird does a damn good job LIVE at replicationg what a horn section does in the studio, thats all I was sayin.
seed
April 29, 2005 11:54AM
one helluva damn good job seeen
geno
April 29, 2005 12:35PM
If I

seventh seal

craven haffi dead

live it up

glory to the kings

weak heart
April 29, 2005 01:35PM
Something More
Suffer The Right
Weeping Pirates
Undivided.
Jah Jah Know
Congress Man
Praising
Wish Them Well
Music is the most High
We Na Forget Rome
Hebron
Silver Tongue Show
Babylon Rule Dem
Each One Teach One

Too many to list......

David Chachere on trumpet,
Kelsey Howard on trombone,
Ryan (Iron) Newman on bass,
Marcus Urani on keyboards

I've seen them live 8 times live now.
At the Warfield 1/04, With Midnite and also the Wailers. (I think Groundation stole the show).

Elbo room, Sacramento, Slims, Ashkanaz, Elbo Room, Slims, Ashkanaz

The flute on "Undivided" is a 12 key electronic flute played by Marcus.
I hope to see their next 3 shows live on their upcoming "Apple Gabriel" Summer tour.

I love that band!

Peace....

Cos.
Sis AAA
May 01, 2005 02:11PM
Yea people.....since I got to sing with them for 44 shows last year, 40 of them as their only back up vocalist....I can say that my favorites were: Silver Tounge Show, Undivided(cause I got to sing the harmony above Harrison that Cedric sang on the cd), Picture on the Wall(such a beautifully melodic song). Actually, I really enjoyed singing everything on Hebron Gate....As far as We Free Again goes, it's a little darker, more intense, and although I was completely honored to try(ha) to reproduce the majestic sounds of Don and Apple(the French were convinced that I was Apple in drag...ha ha), this cd is so very intense, both emotionally and spiritually(consider the times we live in)it was difficlut to sing without breaking down. That's how deeply I can 'feel' the message in both the music and the lyrics that they have created.
As far as Each One goes, If I is a gem, as well as Wanna Know and One More Day. I love the meloncholia of it all.....and no that's not a tragic skull disease...har har....seriously....I thoroughly enjoyed singing their tunes, yes, even the Bob tunes that always managed to be part of the encores.....
So now, not to seem too beggardly, I am looking to grace some other such band/artist with my vocal prowess(shuddap Hossein) often compared by some to Yoko Ono...ha ha ha ha...well now that I live with sonny bone-o, aka han solo, yall can kiss my lovely large white arse....I;m looking to sing with another band
Peace out...see you at the fest fellow groundation appreciatours( I can coin my own words, can't I)
May 01, 2005 03:33PM
LUV DEM ALL. jUST WAS A WITNESS HERE IN A MAUI. TOP O MNTN VIBERASTATION
May 01, 2005 03:59PM
May 01, 2005 05:13PM
Unfortunately I have not heard them all yet, but suffer the right is classic mash!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~IRIE VIBES EVERYTIME
May 01, 2005 05:27PM
Stamina, that is disgusting!! Give me back the dates...

May 01, 2005 05:41PM
>i* tink the labels r'stuck on wrong side pon dub ep but anyways got to give mass credit to jim foxx for mixxing it up! keep up the dub version cause i*like the singing den dat way. JBB & Groundation should tour together dat would b pretty kool....... -RASpects+
May 01, 2005 06:31PM
Izzy Vibes no horns? All t bird on keys? CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roots radics have some of the mashinest horn players of all times. "Open your eyes and listen"
~IRIE VIBES EVERYTIME~
May 01, 2005 06:38PM
>yeh mon R.A.S. used to runn tings back den i*ya!
-nuff RASpects+
May 01, 2005 08:14PM
All white guys? you got to be kidding right. These guys are the funkiest rootsiest, mashinest white boys this side of JA. The singer definately does not looks like he sounds. Must buy more Groundation, more VI reggae, more, more, more, more, I wan't mooooooore!!!! someone please help me I have lost control. I must have roots, must......have........roooooooooooooooooooooooots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~IRIE VIBES EVERYTIME~
May 01, 2005 09:13PM
smoke when did IV bring any of these horn players out here for live shows? And what are the names of these horn players that came out?
T Bird had to play the hornlines on keyboard since they couldn't or wouldn't afford to bring a horn section pon tour.
On recordings they've had some great ones, usually Dean Fraser; Nambo; David Madden; Chico etc...but tell me when any of these guys have come on tour in the USA w/IV. You can 'open your eyes and listen' all you want. Personally, I listen with my ears.
btw what does being "white guys" have to do with anything besides your own expectations?
"Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance" etc.

May 01, 2005 09:21PM
It was interesting to me that the guys were white that's all. And I never said that Izzy played out here with live horns. The post I was referring to said that Izzy never had horns live or in the studio. And on their albums there are some live horns. That's all. FEDE said:
"naa bro, not that I've ever seen live or studio... its all t-bird.. sounds like real horn though huh..." What it had to do with anything was that it was my observation and my opinion, "MY expectations",(exactly) mine, thats the hell what. Why are some people so "matter of fact" and " hollier than thou". sorry I made a freakin comment. Just trying to compliment a band not star a race riot. I am the least predjudice person around. Just like when Madonna's "holiday" came out everyone was like "she's white?" Not that big of a deal. Peace
~IRIE VIBES EVERYTIME~

Post Edited (05-01-05 21:28)

~HIGHEST HEIGHTZ EVERY TIME~
May 01, 2005 09:42PM
thanks for the explanation.
Dunno about 'holier than thou' but here there seem to be plenty who gwaan 'dreader than thou' and won't even bother listen to reggae singers or musicians unless they are Jamaican or black or both. Good to see you're not in that category. I'm maybe a bit touchy about it because I've been running into these prejudices for years. Remember the Blue Riddim band mashing up Reggae Sunsplash in the very early 80s? They blew a lot of minds and expectations way back them. Groundation is just one of the latest chapters of that ongoing tradition.

May 03, 2005 07:16PM
raspect Herb. We a gwan an enjoy singer an player of instrument witout regard to race, creed, or culture. Jus as long as dem a mash it up seen!
~IRIE VIBES EVERYTIME~
May 03, 2005 10:39PM
Can't really pick one off of "We Free Again." I like the whole album as a unit.

Music Is The Most HIgh and Fourth Dimension were the first two to really grab me in the beginning musically.

fourtwentyplenty
May 04, 2005 10:11AM
nyabinghi order
silver tongue show
picture on the wall
congress man
confusing situation
we nah forget
seventh seal
undivided
vibes alive
groundation chant

their new tour is starting up soon! hoping to catch as many shows as i can....i am going to SNWMF just to see groundation. do they usually do a long set here?

if anyone is on tribe.net there is a groundation tribe... keep the vibes alive

geno
May 04, 2005 12:15PM
head strong---great tune
woodland deity
May 07, 2005 12:59AM
Nyabinghi order
music is the most high
each one teach one
weeping pirates
congress man
picture on the wall
babylon rule dem
live it up
May 10, 2005 02:51PM
On Hebron Gate I like the first seven tracks. Thought the two with Don and Cedric were actually the weakest on the album. If I had to narrow it down then I'd say the slower tunes, Babylon Rule Dem, Silver Tongue Show and Picture on The Wall are my favorites, but I really like the first seven equally.

fourtwentyplenty
February 24, 2006 07:40PM
Hey I need help with the lyrics of "Confusing Situation"..I really like the song, but i can't get the lyrics, can you e-mail me the lyrics?
kyndgrl myspace.com/kyndgrl
February 24, 2006 07:44PM
Dream
silver tongue show
young tree
weak heart
wanna know
glory to the kings
hebron
February 25, 2006 06:46PM
Something Jah Know
Weeping Rome
Suffer The Most High
Undivided Pirates
Jah Jah Na Forget
Undivided Praising
Congress Is The Most High
Show Each One
The Right Rule Them
Silver Tongue Know
Gaza
Glory To The Tree
Weak Heart On The Wall

are my favorites.
February 25, 2006 08:53PM
I also love:

Nyabinghi Congress
Jah Jah Seal
Undivided Suffering
Waterfall Taking Over
Silver Tongue Dub
Freedom On The Wall
Undivided Tongue
Praising The Smile Again
The Seventh Tree
Confusing Chant
and of course
Groundation Taking Over
February 26, 2006 04:06PM

Waterfall Rule Dem
Babylon on the Wall
Jah Jah Smile
Nyabinghi Show
Silver Tongue Taking Over
Undivided Situation
Freedom Tree
The Seventh Dream
Praising The Right
Wish Them Free Again
Suffer Again
Groundation Seal

are also quite profound
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login