Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ILEY DREAD

Posted by AJ 
AJ
ILEY DREAD
April 27, 2004 10:58AM
Has anyone heard if Iley Dread will be with Beres/Marcia on Sunday?
Re: ILEY DREAD
April 27, 2004 11:35AM
It is our understanding that he will be performing on Sunday.
TR-808
April 27, 2004 11:42AM

i'm interested to see this cat... even hopeful.. would really like to see he and Marcia hit their "One Chance" duet from his recent CD/LP release (and single) from King of Kings.
AJ
April 29, 2004 03:01PM
TR---Isaw Iley Dread with Bushman about 3 years ago here in St.Louis Missouri. Very nice show. Looking forward to seeing Iley dread again.
April 29, 2004 03:07PM
so with the combination of artist at the fest, year after year, not once has any of them got up on stage to do duets togethersad smiley
jb welda
April 29, 2004 03:19PM
i was hoping to see (hear) capleton come out during yami bolos set and do "put down your weapon"...but thats just not how it works in the real world.

one love
jah bill
Pale Ryder
April 29, 2004 03:21PM
Yeah I love that track. Why couldn't it of happened, what's stopping them ya know....
April 29, 2004 03:23PM
That would have been Irie, what a tuff tune, on such a classic riddim! JB..now your just depressing me.
jb welda
April 29, 2004 03:27PM
well in this case it was probably that they hadnt rehearsed it. or that yami didnt ask capleton if he would. or maybe capleton wasnt on site yet (but he was, i saw him backstage). then theres the matter of $$$, some of these guys dont do this for love. and if they are going to do a duet they want it rehearsed so they dont fall on their face in front of an audience. thats a legitimate concern if you ask me.

not really in the same league but remember sugar minott doing background vocals for johnny osbourne? class act that was...and sister carols appearance (unprovoked) in the dancehall last year? another complete class act.

one love
jah bill
April 29, 2004 04:14PM
Yeah, but don't forget that Iley Dread and Marcia are on a tour together so it may just happen yet....
April 29, 2004 04:27PM
I have NEVER seen it happen, and am convinced that it will not happen.

What about Beres, Marcia and Beres have songs together. i'd bet they won't do any of them. Whose got a beer to wager?
April 29, 2004 04:33PM
BTW, I enjoy your increased contributions on this board, Daniel.
May 02, 2004 11:58AM
Prezident Brown came out a couple of years back at SNWMF for a song with Steel Pulse.

In all the shows I've been to the only other time I remember this happening was Wayne Wonder with Buju at the California Reggae Fest 2 or 3 years ago.

It's too bad we don't get to see this more often.
May 02, 2004 12:48PM
wonder play all the time with buju so nothing original there. if nah for buju swinging wayne on tour & album guest shots really dont tink he would be az BIG az he iz today. interesting how the hip/r&B promo has been picking him up on media these dayz. i* guess mo-town haz moved in the jamaican feild NOW. why not since island iz doing it why cant they. -RASpects+
May 03, 2004 06:08PM
I saw Junior Kelly, Luciano and Mikey General do a medley together at the Maritime Hall back in the day. But it seems like artists do it more in JA then they do on tour. Maybe because when they are at home they do it for fun but when they go on tour its a more professional thing. Raspect!
AJ
June 01, 2004 02:29PM
Will Iley Dread ever ready be added to the lineup? I hope so.
solid rock
June 01, 2004 02:41PM

AJ he's part of the Beres Hammond tour package, with Marcia Griffiths and Ginja
June 01, 2004 03:27PM
Yes, Iley Dread will be at SNWMF, performing on Sunday along with the other artists in the "For The Love Of It Tour".

You can listen to an interview of Iley Dread that i did last week at:
[www.ireggae.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login