Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bring Anthony B...

Posted by SMOKEBOMB 
Bring Anthony B...
April 28, 2004 06:13AM
Luciano, Sizzla, Everton B., Warrior King, Vybz Cartel, TOK, Sanchez, Tanya Stevens, Gregory Isaacs...some kinda heat

Re: Bring Anthony B...
April 28, 2004 07:13AM
For real.
Iri_I
April 28, 2004 02:05PM
Yes...Big Dancehall name is a must!!!
April 28, 2004 03:15PM
Anthony B will be touring Europe during the month of June.
April 28, 2004 05:28PM
BRing the vibes of men like:

Athony B
TURBulence
JAh MAson
JR Kelly
LUciano
Ras Shiloh

Bo BO Rasta men with a conscious message!
Ya know big Fire a blaze!!
Big up the post and keep it at the top
April 28, 2004 06:35PM
If they can't swing one of the bigger names I would like to hear an up-and-coming JAMAICAN artist, such as Natty King.
Acacia
April 28, 2004 09:23PM
Stop being so sour on the lineup. I think it's set in stone now anyway. Just appreciate all the wonderful artists that will be there. There doesn't need to be a big dancehall act to make it nice. Bring your boom box and play Anthony B at your tent if that's whatcha need.
Iri_I
April 28, 2004 09:43PM
Yeah but when I said No to Rocker T and called on some Natty King everyone said he wasnt big enough......But gentlemen are MASSIVE...lol...Natty King is bigger than Gentlemen.
April 28, 2004 09:46PM
T.O.K. & vibez cartel? plenty of madness a gwan @ R.O.T.R.. do iNi really want gangster messages @ a nice lill' country fest. clean up the post(dancehall sweep upz!)*
Iri_I
April 28, 2004 10:05PM
**** that
April 28, 2004 10:13PM
"Set in Stone", "More Artists TBA"....Now I am confused....Bring on the Dancehall Artists....
April 28, 2004 10:34PM
Sting has all the slack. go get your ticket dar nah here. dis a family event> itez*
April 28, 2004 10:50PM
Go get your DUB dar nah here. dis is a FUN event...
April 28, 2004 11:03PM
dub @ sting? so funny mon. u wanna talk sum reggae or wha? -RASpects+
April 28, 2004 11:14PM
Love the vibes and the music, BUT do not feel it is necessary to drop names, dates or record sizes to show my love for the music.
April 28, 2004 11:25PM
as long az i* children dont have to listion to it your so rite. rootz in the dancehall. hail*
Stevo
April 28, 2004 11:51PM
"not a dub event, it's a fun event"...... I'm pretty sure that's the mentality that spoiled ROTR. Wait.... for that to be true I suppose I would have to make assumptions about your idea of fun. Which I shouldn't..............................
But, make no mistake, this is a dub event. A Rub A Dub event of the highest order.
-Stevo
April 29, 2004 12:06AM
No luv for Rocker T or Gentleman!! I feel your post but they bring nuff heat dis year. Nah vex, twill all be Irie in June. Also, everyone keeps throwin Warrior King out dar wit the big dancehall names, 95% of his music very rootsy to me.
April 29, 2004 12:09AM
-YES+ warrior king a irie young artist. just think in about 5 yearz how much better he will be. itez*
April 29, 2004 03:07AM
I'm still thinking about that Everton Blender/Junior Kelly show I saw at the Avalon a couple months ago. I sure would like to see both of them again. At least Junior for the dancehall massive. I need that strong draw if ya know wha I mean! BO BO BO!!!!!!!!!!

fourtwentyplenty
April 29, 2004 03:55AM
mizzed dat one but junior'z tour with luciano, dean fraiser & fire house crew waz pretty tight. i* thought 2b one of best ticketz for 2001*.
April 29, 2004 04:30AM
almost forgot to mention messanger "mikey general" he waz dar too!
April 29, 2004 06:37AM
Gentleman, sure...will be nice to see what he has to ofer, but not as the main dancehall artist. Rocker T I can see every month here & he's decent but c'mon.
Acacia, Jahmeek (LOL, what a name) and anyone else who tells us to shut up & like it, a) we are just asking more for our money, what is the harm in that and b) I thought this was a message board where we all can express our opinions. If you don't like that, skip over the thread and wax more about what you think reggae music "should" be...
April 29, 2004 06:41AM
-sure alrite+ JAH*
April 29, 2004 01:05PM
I seen that avalon ballroom show to loved it ,junior kelly was so good had so much energy. it was my first time at that venue to. pretty nice cause so much more room to dance than slims or some of the smaller places. we really need some better venues in the cali area. thats why i love to attend all the outdoor shows i can. i really cant wait for june to come hit me with musik....I wish anthony b could be in cali to that would be massive. but looks like hes busy hopefully he will come this way for another show
Iri_I
April 29, 2004 02:29PM
Chimino is right...all we are doing is staing what we would like to make it worth the trip. Jahmeek you really get old with all this crap you are alkways talking about every artist that does not take Jah into his heart. Well you need to wake up
April 29, 2004 02:49PM
My Idea of fun is good people with lots of smiles, good food which we wait all year to enjoy, the best music for your $ as far as I know, just seeing everyone and everything relaxed and Irie. If that is ruining your idea of the "River" then I do not know what to say... I was just asking for another dancehall artist to provide a little different energy and the next thing I know I am being told to go to another show, this is a family affair... I know that, been taking mine for the last 5 years... I will agree with you that some Lyrics in the dancehall scene are not Ideal for children but this show is not planned around children, free of charge, and they do provide a childrens area. The last few years by the time the dancehall came on stage my children were sound asleep back at camp or on the hill and my concerns were not the "pum pum" coming out of the singers mouth but the realities going on around us... Anyways IMO we need another Dancehall artists to give us that little energy change, you can use it to kind of cleanse your pallet for some more roots or go hit the dub for 90 minutes...
April 29, 2004 04:13PM
Iri_I i* tink your statment could "easy" play reverse. steve pass the uno cardz please. i* rasta*
Acacia
April 29, 2004 05:57PM
Hey, first you bought tickets to the show, now you're complaining that the performers are not worth the money.. You can't buy tickets to see the Scorpions and then ask the promoters to get Def Leppard instead.

Just sayin.
Pale Ryder
April 29, 2004 06:14PM
Iri I, this music has a very proud and spiritual past. We (jahmeek, stevo, forward, and some others) would like to see the torch be past to the youth that carry on this legacy, not artists that simply rip off tunes and chant bout screwface... We dont want to see reggae artists on MTV, and we nah waan see hip hop infuence take control. Preservation is something that we hold on strong, not to let go, cause the heathen a rage!!
April 29, 2004 06:42PM
-preservation is someting dat take 'time' to overstand just like the muzak & message itself. jah mason(hey everyone he claim bobo) told i* best when he said: " you cant live off bread alone". up childrenz rootz, iNi were all once babyz in dis mazzive! JAH*
Fish
April 29, 2004 07:05PM
Although I don't really agree with much that Jahmeek has to say, there is a valid point: this is an all-ages festival, with lots of little kids present. In light of this, and the predominantly conscious vibe of the festival, I'm not sure that artists like Vybz Kartel should be up on the main stage, because what he says really is adult content. Obviously it's not going to scar an adolescent for life, but some people aren't going to want their six-year-olds listening to it . . .
That said, it would be nice to have another dancehall act, conscious or otherwise; I personally would love to see Cobra perform. But they probably should be kept in the dancehall, instead of put on the main stage . . .

Still - the veterans are getting older. I'd rather see Alton and Linval while they're still touring than any modern artist . . .
April 29, 2004 07:14PM
-hey fish+ thanx for the BIG upz but dont u tink cobra(the where iz he now artist not the snake) would scare children in reality more wit his chit than a dont listion to this crap strick hold would ever do to a child. alton & linval iz a gold selection that iz very capable of mekin' kidz dance like all reggae does even kno it does not souN like yo'MTV rapz & so on. peace & luv*
April 29, 2004 07:15PM
Something that must be taken into consideration regarding 'Dancehall artists' is SNWMF's stated mission:

The Sierra Nevada World Music Festival promotes only "conscious" music. "Conscious" music is music with a message of peace, unity and brotherhood which transcends the divisions of race and culture.

There are many (popular) dancehall and reggae artists that will never be asked to perfrom at SNWMF because they don't fit into this festival's purpose...
April 29, 2004 07:19PM
The music is "preserved" in many forms of media. The Music is perpetually evolving. Always has been, always will be. Slackness was in the music before rasta. rasta was a part of the evolution, the history.
April 29, 2004 07:25PM
cheese+ i* like your point of veiw az long az evolution does not mean iNi come from apez & all dat bloodclot.> -daniel+ dat message should be put on the flyerz. it would sure save alot of effert to overturn the concious place. peace n' luv*
April 29, 2004 07:35PM
Well I wish that putting it on the flyer would make it a reality. But in any case, if you are wondering where that comes from, wonder no more
[www.snwmf.com]
April 29, 2004 07:39PM
-oh' yeh mon+ i* read dat long time ago already but i* guess without a sol*jah like the i*. it could slip through the cyber mesh @ timez like dis & after midnite*. -RASpects+
April 29, 2004 08:05PM
True dat statement Daniel, we want to keep this a family fest, no division, seperation of vibes. We start showcasing slackness the whole festival will change and will draw nuff rudies to mash up dah vibes. Pure Conscious message is the nourishment that feeds I an I and helps us evolve as a species and grow as individuals. No partiality, Higher Heights!!
April 29, 2004 08:47PM
Don't get me wrong, I luv Dancehall beats. But without the message it falls short... There are enough conscious Dancehall artists to satisfy the masses without compromise. Lot of talk about Capleton nah practice what he preach, you all may know more about that than I, I just listen to his words and seems upright to me. Just check out his interview from last year on this site, it is a conscious statement about what bun'in fyah is really all about....
April 29, 2004 08:57PM
most people knock capleton cause dem jealous or something awful. true to be a hard working artist & go far beyond the average yank or any of dat bust. talk pon talk ontop of chatty dat were here far i* JAH*
April 29, 2004 09:05PM
The Sharks are circling. Disagree and be eaten... Since when does Dancehall = Slackness, was there not dancehall(Uroy, Sugar) before slackness? Since when does Dancehall = Vybz? Every thread dancehall is mentioned this name pops up, maybe I am out of the loop but I am not familiar with his/their(?)tunes so I am definately not refering to them when I ask for another set of faster paced reggae music. Since when does dancehall = MTV, three years ago it would have never been on MTV. As far as the festivals guidelines, keep to them, every year has been great... Was that Mr. Vegas I saw in the dancehall a few years back? When the Festival states artists still TBA and serves out a message board I assume it is ok to request artists? So I do not feel I bought tix to one thing and am now demanding something else... Just trying to add an opinion to the thread. Soverysorry.. As far as preservation, preserve your mind and quit hanging on the message boards allday... What would Jah say? See you all at the fest...

Norcaljahman
Iri_I
April 29, 2004 09:23PM
Vybz is one of the biggest artists right now up and comming. I like alot of his tunes, check out Tek Buddy, it is big.
Iri_I
April 29, 2004 09:26PM
I just opend my mail and got some records and the Vybz tune on the Check it Back riddim is good.
Fish
April 30, 2004 03:59AM
Well, if that's the policy of the festival, than slacker artists definately don't have a place there (although I would argue that Capleton's endless gay-bashing hardly constitutes a "message of peace, unity and brotherhood"winking smiley. Jahmeek, I wasn't saying at all that Cobra is lyrically more G-rated than other slack artists (quite the opposite); I just think he's a wicked deejay. I'm a fan of Jamaican music, and conscious music is part of that, but it's not the be-all and end-all . . .
April 30, 2004 07:10AM
I man just wanna thro out some names in a respectful request. No disrespect to the present line up which is full a fire.
Artists like Luciano, Everton B. Warrior King, Junior Kelly... represent the best in culture,roots,dancehall or whatever you want to label reggae music. Vybz and TOK definately bring some slackness. Vybz is big right now and TOK put on one of the top performances at Long Beach BM day this year. Lots of energy and lots of hot big hit tunes. Sizzla,Sanchez,Tanya,Gregory, need I say anything at all?
Its like an old Jamaican woman once schooled me while shopin for vynal in so. cal.. I was asking her for the Joyride riddim or something and continued with how I loved dancehall but wanted roots an culture, as oppossed to slackness and guntalk and punani lyrics etc.... and she looked I right in the eye and said "slackness,guns,punani is roots an culture in Jamaica as well as other places around the world".
Some people seem to have to much time and opinions on their hands who big up their chest with family,peace an unity and yet are oppossed to others suggestions of artist and other points of view.
Every year snwmf puts on one of, if not the best west-coast "world music" festivals. A large contingent of people who attend are of and support the reggae music industry and "dancehall" in particular. Most years artists such as Capelton, Yami Bolo, Coco T, Barington have played and I don't think any family values were threatened.
In the Dancehall is where artists write and express songs about roots, culture, politics, wealth, murder and the love of jah.
It was just a suggestion for an incredible event to only improve.
peace-smokebomb
April 30, 2004 08:22AM
Good words, SMOKEBOMB. Jamaican culture has always been slack and always will be. You can't have true reggae music without Jamaican culture. From Prince Buster to Max Romeo to General Echo to Shabba....love it or leave it.
I do respect the artists who refuse to touch that tho and remain on a higher level, because it's not easy to stay away from slack lyrics and still garner respect back home. At the same time, I like variety in my music like everyone else...so having Romeo's "Chase the Devil" and "P***y Watch-Man" on the same CD is not odd to me.
April 30, 2004 05:32PM
-yo smoke bomb+ souNz like you've been sold*. do u tink somebody has to use a sales pitch to sell a great roots recordz? it'z really hard to imagine az a vinyl buyer i*self. even without the lyrics some of todayz so called dancehall muzak on the instrumental side fallz very short of someting great & containz no reggae quality what so ever untill a jamaican voice or whatever iz heard over the riddim. u will also hear people claim dirty danceing iz west indie culture. while otherz feel it'z nah culture it'z just sick to watch a man grind the back side of a women in public. so really where iz the line between what & what can iNi call culture? XXX entertainment iz no more jamaican culture than the american corner smut shop or sodom & gomorrah. itez*
April 30, 2004 08:55PM
Slackness is not Jamaican culture.....it is a part of human nature, the desires of the flesh.

Hey mister chatty mouth!
Chatty chatty mouth,
You want to know your culture
(know your culture).......
you shall be run into Jah saying:
"It isn't I who have done so and so"
But Jah shall say
"Depart from I, I know you not".....
You shall be weighed in the balance
And found wanting (found wanting)..
From "Chatty Chatty Mouth" - Gladiators

Quote from Daniel 5:25-28 "'Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting. ... Thy kingdom is divided, and given to the Medes and Persians'."

Rastafari is, Rastafari is, Rastafari is writing
Jah is writing on the wall
But whatever you do and what you ever you say
My God is writing on the wall
Jah is, Jah is
Writing on the wall
The chances you take, and the mistakes you make
My God is writing on the wall......
No matter how you susu and no matter how you chat for
Rastafari is writing on the wall
(hear what I'm saying)......
Whether you are crumbs or whether you a Big Mac
Jah Jah is writing on the wall.........
Don't think with water he writes with fire
My God is writing on the wall
From "Writing on the Wall" - Culture

Daniel 5:5 - In the same hour came forth fingers of a man's hand, and wrote over against the candlestick upon the plaister of the wall of the king's palace: and the king saw the part of the hand that wrote.

The quotations from the book of Daniel is a reference to the well known story of Belshazzar's feast in Babylon. Check Daniel, all of chapter 5 for this prophecy foretold the imminent destruction of Babylon.
April 30, 2004 10:08PM
It's true... the vibes light up when there is a dancehall artist to bring the evening vibes... give thanks for Capleton.. but it would be so blessed to have a few more... Junior Kelly is coming with more heights everytime!!
Give thanks
SMOKEBOMB
May 09, 2004 02:55AM
Jr. Kelly, Warrior King, Tanya Stevens, Sanchez, Wayne Marshal, Norrisman, Everton B., Turbulance, Jah Mason, Chuck Fender, Lutan Fiyah, Natural Black, Daweh Congo, Wayne Wonder, Anthony Cruz, Tony Rebel, Morgan Heritage, LMS!!!

May 12, 2004 01:29AM
gentleman is rocker t
May 12, 2004 01:36AM
white folks out of reggae
May 12, 2004 02:56AM
azzhole out of the message board
sisterlil
May 12, 2004 12:44PM
no-me-importa, what does that last statment mean???. White folks out of Reggae...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login