Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

sactown

Posted by geraldh 
sactown
April 28, 2004 06:31AM
anybody from sactown? me sal & chi will ba representing!!!
Zana
Re: sactown
April 28, 2004 07:06AM
Yep, not native, but been here for awhile. Reside right in the heart (or pretty darn close) to the heart of the city.
What are your live reggae outlets??
I really enjoyed Reggae Poolside until the price doubled then tripled. Harlows charges bank, can't always afford it. Summer always kicks in a bit more reggae than in the winter. Been to Jamaica House yet?
April 28, 2004 03:25PM
Greetings,
Their will be a extra large crew coming down from Sac town,
for venues check out owl club as they have reggae sometimes their trying for a reg. Wed. reggae show, Wokstar at Blue Lamp on Sun. rocks Crawdaddys on the river when weather permits. and go to Nevada City Coopers rocks and a cheep cover $2-5 per show Roots and Reggae a few times a month
One Love
Al
You'all missed a killer show with Earl Zero last Fri. at the brewery RJB was massive
April 28, 2004 04:06PM
i miss reggae at jamaica house on friday & saturday. i work monday through friday so it is hard to get to shows during the week. i wish jamaica house could have continued with live music.
sisterlil
April 28, 2004 04:23PM
Sac town right here.. What happen to the Jamaica house??. s the owl club in Roseville???
April 28, 2004 04:59PM
The Itals are playing on the 17th @ Harlows. Never been to this venue, any feedback? Is it a club/bar, 420friendly? Thinkin about making the trip down the hill from Lake Co...
April 28, 2004 05:13PM
Harlows is a Club that's a sac hip spot with live music almost nightly check out the momo lounge Kool acts play upstairs.
Owl Club is in Roseville web site www.owlclub.net
Felix bring back live music on Sat. maybe once or twice a month
One Love
Al
April 28, 2004 05:40PM
felix should find some way to announce his shows.
April 28, 2004 07:25PM
Yeah, Felix hasn't been advertising much lately. The River Jordan band played at Jamaica House on Saturday with Earl Zero. We were all up at Jack Russell Brewery that Friday night...OF THE HOOK!!! My man Derek Jordan of the River Jordan Band is promoting CHEERS on Franklin and Broadway. We have shows down there EVERY Thursday night. Here is the lineup...

April

29th- Ras David and Lickshot Crew featuring Soul Rebel

May

6th- River Jordan Band w/ Brother G
13th- Zion Roots w/ Greg War
20th- Ras David and Lickshot Crew featuring Hurricane Gilbert and Majestic
27th- River Jordan Band w/ Levi Jr. and I-Drew of Urban Fire

June

3rd- River Jordan w/ Brother G
10th Zion Roots
17th River Jordan Band w/ Reggae Legend Earl Zero
24th Ras David and Lickshot Crew featuring Soul Rebel
April 28, 2004 08:05PM
someone show felix how to use this message board. saturday would have been a show to see.
April 28, 2004 09:07PM
Dirtweed you'll have to introduce yourself to us sometime if you come to a RJB show. I've seen you on the board the last coupel years and I'm sure we've been to the same shows.
April 28, 2004 10:07PM
i'm gonna try to make may 6 (anyone want to babysit my 9 year old??). i too would like to meet y'all and make amends for seeming so grumpy on this board.
April 28, 2004 10:26PM
you mean you are not grumpy in real life?
April 28, 2004 10:38PM
not grumpy as long as i take my medication.
jjlab3
April 29, 2004 04:10PM
Big up Sactown!

Harlow's in my opinion is a great palce to see a show. Decent sound, nice bar, chill lounge upstairs.

I will be bringing a big group from Sactown up to SNWMF as usual.

Hope to see you all there.
April 30, 2004 04:33AM
does anyone remember the courtyard shows and the shows at the crest? i am back after many years and looking to bring the vibe back to sac. in full force........
Zana
April 30, 2004 05:02AM
Has anyone been to the Blue Lamp on Sundays. DJ spins reggae and dancehall. Was thinking of checking it out after the semester ends. Maybe we could do a Sac Town pre Sierra meetup.

hey dreadlocks - what were the courtyard shows?
conor.
April 30, 2004 07:48PM
I and I in sac.....
does the JA house serve alcohol now?
never been to the blue lamp on sunday...not a huge dancehall fan ,i heard thats what goes on...but then again i never been so don't know...
Harlows is cool forme only during a reggae show.though i'm still disapointed at the John Brown's Body turn out...no love for JBB sac..no lov.
anyone else kinda of tired of KDVS reggae ..same ol' every time...KVMR 89.5 friday nights 7-9...solid roots...anyway, hello to all Sac massive.
April 30, 2004 08:28PM
Felix got his liquor license back. So J-House is serving again. Yeahhh!!!

Blue Lamp is cool. My brethren Wokstar spins there on Sunday’s. We should do a SNWMF pre-party there. GREAT IDEA. Don’t be haten on Papa Wheelie...he’s family (KDVS). As for Redlocks on KVMR...he’s killer. He was just up in Sac at a River Jordan show. Did you ever see him when he was the singer for Mystifya (spelling?) Anyway, he’s a cool brethren. Listen for the Earl Zero/ River Jordan Band CD. He’s been playing it.

One Love
jjlab3
April 30, 2004 11:38PM
Sister Jen,

Are you Laurie O'Briens friend who I have met a few times? I work at SNWMF and saw you last at Gretchen and Warren's post SNWMF BBQ?
May 02, 2004 11:53PM
hey all sactown massive,
come check out THE MYSTIC-1 out in davis at 4:20pm sat may 8th on the wellman stage..he is also spinnin the main stage at the snwmf for his 7th year...and is a davis native....if your into supporting local reggae artist this is the dj to see...makes mystical appearances in the area so when you see the name drop what your doin and check this irie brotha..
Zana
May 03, 2004 03:50PM
Hey, are you talking about Marty Mystic? If so, he is good. I'll check him out on at the Davis festival.
May 03, 2004 05:35PM
i spoke with roxanne at jamaica house saturday. appears to be big changes coming. roxanne was talking like she wants to feature reggae again on the weekends. if you would like to see a regular venue for reggae in sackburg stop by and say hi to roxanne and let her know how you feel.
May 03, 2004 08:33PM
Hey jjlab3 I am Laurie's friend. Who are you? I can't tell from your username...? Are you her tall guy friend I've met a couple of times? I can't remember your name right now. Sorry!!!
jjlab3
May 03, 2004 08:40PM
Yes I am the tall guy ,Christian. Met you in the parking lot when I was working and at Warren's BBQ I think.

If I remeber correctly your boyfriend is in a band.

How is it going?
May 03, 2004 11:39PM
Hm, I can't picture you. Are you the same guy that I also met at Friday night Sammie's concert at Cesar Chavez Park with Laurie and I ran into you at Sierra last year or...is this a different guy friend of Laurie's? Sorry...!!!
May 03, 2004 11:51PM

Greetings sister jen - let us River Jordan fans know when the CD drops and how we get our hands on one! much love and see you at the fest at least.
Andee
May 03, 2004 11:54PM
HEY ANDEE!!! How are ya? I'll let you know about the CD! Come down to CHEERS on Thursday and hang out.
jjlab3
May 04, 2004 01:05AM
Sister Jen,

Now you have me confused. I go to the Ceasar Chavez shows often. I have met you at Sierra before. I thought your man was in River Jordan or something.

I am a tall handsome white guy. Anyways, I am sure I will see you with Laurie again.
May 04, 2004 05:54PM
Christian,

I'm sorry. I'm a BIG GOOF!!! I thought I had you confused. Yes I am with Derek Jordan. His band is the River Jordan Band. Yes, I'm sure I'll see you again.
jjlab3
May 04, 2004 06:01PM
No worries. It is all good, can't wait for SNWMF. Peace!
May 05, 2004 01:24AM
DAVIS WHOLE EARTH FEST>>>>MAY 8 ----WELMAN STAGE>>>>

MYSTIC 1 4:20 pm spinnin roots this time...not usual jump up dancehall ting......yes it is MARTY MYSTIC........the snwmf family will be their to show support...

SO ALL SACTOWN RAGGA HEADS>>>>BE THERE>> MYSTIC 1 WONT BE playin to often in sac this summer cause hes in humboldt county right now so check him in davis as well as spinnin tigh at the snwmf......

see alll snwmf family at 4;20 in davis awwww-ight........ONE.....
Zana
May 05, 2004 04:46AM
Marty is tight. I met him at my first reggae festival. I will definetely catch him on the 8th.
May 06, 2004 03:18PM
may 8th get your fix for some irie reggae...4:20pm wellman stage ,,davis whole earth festival...it FREE....MYSTIC 1
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login