Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You dont have to be dread to be rastsa?

Posted by gwanden 
You dont have to be dread to be rastsa?
May 02, 2005 04:27PM
Greetings,
I was wondering if anyone out there knew the artist to this song. I thought it was the mighty diamonds, however I am not sure. I am unsure if that is the title to the song as well. Please get back to me......................Gwanden
Re: You dont have to be dread to be rastsa?
May 02, 2005 04:30PM
Morgan Heritage.

[reggaecd.com]
May 02, 2005 05:55PM
this is not a dread locks thing..................
kaptain
May 02, 2005 08:39PM
there is also a similar song by Soul Majesctic from Santa Cruz called Mighty Dreadlocks.......and the chorus basically goes that "you dont have to have a dreadlocks to be a mighty dread............"
May 02, 2005 08:56PM

I like Ijahdon's comeback version: "Its Not A Baldhead Thing."

Hook: "Must haffi dread to be Rasta. It's not a baldhead 'ting, but a divine connection to your Nazarene vow..."

-spleece
BMC
May 02, 2005 09:02PM
Never heard that one, Spleece! Sounds fun to play back to back. Is it on the same riddim? What label?

Thanks
HIGHPRAISE
May 02, 2005 09:48PM
Dread or not just let it grow .. No sharp impliments touchin nuttin ...
May 02, 2005 10:21PM
you also don't have to be black, god-fearing, i-tal, well-groomed or human to be rasta, either...

HIGHPRAISE
May 02, 2005 10:23PM
???
May 02, 2005 10:25PM
SO, what exactly does the Nazarene vow entail mi brethren?
May 02, 2005 10:28PM
Fear of God is definetly a requirement, humanity might help as well, Fear of Chimino............... not required
May 02, 2005 10:43PM
but it certainly doesn't hurt, hehehe.

@artikal...smoking incredible amounts of weed while being able to shout "Rastafari!" at the top of one's lungs is a good start...

Post Edited (05-02-05 15:46)
HIGHPRAISE
May 02, 2005 10:57PM
Object to sharp impliments used in the desecration of the figure of man ; e.g.,
trimming and shaving ,tattooing of the skin , and cutting of the flesh.

Vegetarian outlawing the use of swines flesh in any form , shell fishes , scaleless fishes.

Do not agree to the pleasures of Babylon and its evils.

Disaprove and abhor utterly hate , jealousy , envy , deceit , guile , treachery , ect..

Worship and observe no other God but that of the God of Abraham.

Do not take part in the the drinking of any beverage of the fruit of the vine.
jb welda
May 02, 2005 10:59PM
>Do not take part in the the drinking of any beverage of the fruit of the vine.

so heinken dont count?

one love
jah bill
HIGHPRAISE
May 02, 2005 11:03PM
Drink up man .. SCOL ...
May 03, 2005 02:00AM

>Never heard that one, Spleece! Sounds fun to play back to back. Is it on the same riddim? What label?

500 copies were put out a few years ago (right after M. Heritage did their original and everyone was fighting about weather they were right or not) on the 'Stage' lable, 'far east' riddim...

-spleece
May 03, 2005 10:22AM
Dear artikal,
The vowe of the Nazarine (in addition to what was written above) is also a personal prayer between you and the most high. It is about cleanliness and about devotion. If one were to break the vowe then he or she would cut off the locks and there is also time frames for the vowe (e.g. until your first born). I am unsure if you you are not a Nazarine after that(maybe you can take the vowe until you die????. It is written in the scripture(holy bible), but I am unsure where exactly. Anyhow I'm glad I was wondering about that song because really "You don't have to be dread to be rasta!!!!!!!!!!!!!".......Nuff Respect...Gwanden
May 03, 2005 06:23PM
Numbers 6:1-27

The vow is for as long as one wishes it to be. It is not a permenent condition unless it is chosen to be so. It is not only "sinful"things that are denied, rather a sacrafice of things that make out lives, better. In the time of Sampson the pleasures of the world were different, so the vow would then be different. No Hieneken's JB not because they are "sinful" but because you personally enjoy them. The purpose, as I overstand it, is to draw closer to HIM by denying the self all of the things that we take for granted. High Praise is correct though. The Vino, the Razor and the Dead Matter (meat) are the pillars of the vow.
some old non-dreaded rasta
May 04, 2005 04:27AM
don't haffi dread to be rasta...don't haffi dread
this is not a dreadlocks thing, it's a sompin sompin of the heart ...what the hell is the rest of that Morgan's song?
There are at least 40 haffi's within that one dere, so go dere dready go dere--- guesser agains #sompin rules of posting(it will replace robert's rules eventually and hopefully)
I threw away the comb and still my hair won't go dere
I'm still aware and still care and love to share
my roots are tonic my roots are showing
my love is flowing like this here poem
February 27, 2006 08:23PM
Morgan Heritage are the artist of this song.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login