Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

the old days

Posted by dreadlocks 
the old days
April 29, 2004 09:36PM
does anyone remember the courtyard in old sac or the crest shows? i am back after a lot of years and looking to bring the vibe back to the area in full force if the town can handle it and i find some money to help. jah bless and love..peace
Zana
Re: the old days
April 29, 2004 10:03PM
I wasn't around to know of the courtyard but I'm all in support of bringing the vibe around.
April 30, 2004 08:29AM
Greetings,
and yea we remember the Courtyard and all of the 80's reggae shows in Sac.
drop me a vine so we can kick it before SNWMF come out to Cheers and check in
and didn't you move to Hawaii?? so your back kool,,,
or leave a message with Al or Redlocks on KVMR 5302659555 tonight 7-9pm reggae 2 hours 89.5FM
See ya soon
Al

jb welda
April 30, 2004 09:22AM
bring major talent (along the lines of linval thompson) instead of local outfits, that would be my suggestion. and i know its hard to find a decent venue but old suc just doesnt get it. thats meant as a positive criticism by the way. and try to run shows on fri and sat nights, not during the week. sacto always suffers from a lack of support for reggae (anyone go to that fiasco out at the sports complex on jackson hwy where sly and robbie were supposed to back up marcia and some others (if memory serves) and about 20 people showed up? pure embarrassment ending in the show being cancelled at showtime) and its largely due to weeknight shows and ineffectual publicity. oh and dont skimp on the sound system...theres gotta be smooth round powerful bass and mellow highs. bad sound just negates the entire experience and crushes the vibe. again, thats meant as a constructive criticism.

one love
jah bill
jb welda
April 30, 2004 09:30AM
one more thing, when i said major talent (linval) i really didnt mean to exclude modern day artists like sizzla, warrior king, jr kelly, those kind of performers...what i meant was not just local acts, book some yard talent. the people and vibes will follow.

one love
jah bill
jjlab3
April 30, 2004 09:34AM
Yes I. I remember the courtyard. I remember going to see Strictly Roots there many times. Also remember many shows at the Crest. That is when I first started getting into Reggae.

I would like to see another outdoor Radisson show. Also the Renegade Reggae bookings in Sac seem to be very slim this year.

Concert in the Park series strarts tonight downtown at Ceasr Chavez. It would be great to book some reggae in there.
April 30, 2004 09:42AM

Beenie Man (and Shocking Vibes Crew) rammed Harlow's full a couple years back

that was a good show
April 30, 2004 09:59AM
yes - most "major" reggae shows in sac are during the week (think harlows). weekend shows are what sac needs. even the music at cheers is thursday, why not friday or, better yet (to avoid missing tropical storm), saturday?? the shows at radisson are nice because they are usually weekenders but i find the atmosphere even more stifling than harlows. good luck
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login