Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jah Warrior/Jah Shaka

Posted by flip 
flip
Jah Warrior/Jah Shaka
April 30, 2004 07:29PM
I fear I have been missing out too much on the UK ting....I have 3 the roots way featuring Trinity, Ranking Joe and i think U-Brown. great album....even better when you turn it up loud......I wish I had a turntable in the dashboard of my car...that would be sweet-i'd go listen to it right now..

Anybody got a reccomendation for Jah Shaka and Jah Warrior on Vinyl....

I want something real heavy and loaded with dynamite
jb welda
Re: Jah Warrior/Jah Shaka
April 30, 2004 07:45PM
shaka (dont know about vinyl on these)
max romeo: tafari captain of my ship and companion dub album
willie williams: i forget the title of it

heres some vinyl:

hits from house of shaka

12":
bim sherman: happiness
vivian jones: red eyes/got a light

too bad you werent interested when shaka was at snwmf, he had a box of vinyl for sale with him. some great stuff including a killer lp by sgt pepper that goes in and out of print

one love
jah bill
April 30, 2004 08:59PM
-so much+ shaka you could never conquir it all. but start with "the commandments of dub" this is a first in a long seris & a mazzive foundation in almost all dub souN! for jah warrior, 3the roots way iz a great one u have already. also check vol.2 . it is another comp. 4-way.... i* also suggest tena stelin album. this iz one of i* top selectionz. new jah mason full lp will be out soon. from the list of 7'z dat already are out dis lookz to be a killer for weak heartz. >forward^ dub vibez. also get your Selecta7souN system(R.A.W.#1792) dj dub demo'z dey feature jah warrior version along with nuff shaka influence. iteZ* [www.jahmeekproductions.com]
Stevo
April 30, 2004 09:12PM
Shaka has some serious 12"s repressed recently, in limited quantity no doubt. From ones like......Johnny Clarke, Bim Sherman, Earl Cunningham, Horace Andy,
Sgt. Pepper, Vivian Jones, Sis Nya, Rasheda, Still Cool, and himself. All really heavy, loaded with dynamite.
Irie Ites-
Stevo
April 30, 2004 09:17PM
most of the re-pressingz are sold out already but sure to B more. cd'z are plenty stocked. itez*
jb welda
April 30, 2004 09:39PM
the 12"s i mentioned above are in stock at ernie b.

the willie williams one i was trying to think of is called natty with a cause and the dub companion is crucial on that one too...dont think its in print at the moment though at least ernie doesnt list it.

one love
jah bill
April 30, 2004 09:41PM
That one is crucial JB, I just got it on digital format, would be sweet to get it on wax!!
April 30, 2004 09:49PM
i* watched many of shaka re-pressingz fly in less than a week. MAZZIVE!
flip
April 30, 2004 09:51PM
thanks for the info.....

when shaka played SNWMF he played the heaviest tune...(bass sounded like this bum bumba dada bum bum bum bum bum bum) yeah i know it's the best i could do
shaka was over the rythmn saying " you can't stop reggae again"
April 30, 2004 10:01PM
-Bring him+ back! i* will even pay extra for i* ticket if u can get his system here. than i* will be able to stop i* fantasy of jumping a plane to england every time a show a gwan. itez*
jb welda
April 30, 2004 10:10PM
give me your address jahmeek and i will arrange for you to pay the 1 million pound air freight bill. shaka will autograph your album in return and maybe let you lean against one of his speaker bins.

one love
jah bill
April 30, 2004 10:20PM
-souNz good+ i* guess iNi will have to worx together on dis since maybe u have ariwa connections dat ive been trying to get for yearz now. also iNi will have to sett up a "lill' tour" dat wayz iNi can get our money backz no problem. i* kno plenty of people dat would take a greyhound bus if they have to from east coast t0> west just to C dis living legend. so all of our showz will sell nuff tickets with no problems. but dis would be mazzive i*ya. iNi would mek some american reggae history in the worx along with all the pozitive experience dat would shed from it ALL! but your probley joking with a full cup so anywayz. -RASpects+
jb welda
April 30, 2004 10:24PM
im afraid ive lost the connection here...ariwa is mad professors label and production company. and he is easy to get hold of as is jah shaka...they both work for a living so must be able to contact them unless they are out on a tour.

one love
jah bill
April 30, 2004 10:26PM
yeh im used to getting shoved off to culture promotions since im nah a BIG money talker like the i*. if shaka had a public line it would be off the hook. stop the bloodclot. -RASpects
Stevo
May 01, 2004 04:19AM
Shaka represses are in full effect. If you can't find 'em you ain't lookin' hard enough. Extra heavy & loaded with dynamite. Check for "African Man" from Earl Cunningham. One that is not available that is a must every time is Johnny Clarke doing his hit "Babylon", soooo killer! Shaka amazes me on that one.
Irie Ites-
Stevo
May 01, 2004 05:56AM
dar around yes* i'll giv ya dat much. one by one, two by two. -RASpects+
Stevo
May 01, 2004 07:34AM
flip-
Do yourself a favor and check the Shaka soundclip @www.jahwarrior.com, its found in the actual write up. That's sure to bring back some of those vibes you remember.
Irie Ites-
Stevo
May 05, 2004 05:27AM
One of my favorite shaka singles:

King Midas..... it is a mighty mighty dubwise and a killer vocal from Prince Alla

On Jah Warrior another killer prince alla track.. A MUST HAVE in fact is: Jah Mountain.. Killer killer dubwise pon that one... for real..

I am partial to the Dred and Fred music on Jah Shaka too: I ron Works pt 1, 2, 3 are available on CD I think..

ANd for j ah warrior, you really do have to check out his latest productions w/Jah Mason, Bobby Blue, Lutan Fyah, etc... really killer crossover productions..

[www.unitysound.com]

'Rise above dreams and loiter not - open to truth your mind
Live in Righteousness - and you, eternal bliss will find'

[www.unitysound.com]
May 05, 2004 05:31AM
flip (and everyone else), my website is down, but if you are located in the US, I import many jah warrior and shaka releases (among other things), and sell them online, at gigs, festivals, etc... can save a little on shipping from overseas (although we have only a modest catalog).

e-mail me at mattunitysound@yahoo.com or the above, and I can set you up with a price list and more info..

peace
matt

[www.unitysound.com]

'Rise above dreams and loiter not - open to truth your mind
Live in Righteousness - and you, eternal bliss will find'

[www.unitysound.com]
May 07, 2004 12:29AM
The hottest thing on this level is the new 7" on Blood & Fire
Rerelease of the original Sata Amasagana, with new artists-Yami, Capleton, Luciano, etc. Check it!
May 29, 2004 05:04PM
what's that tune called on the jah warrior sound clip with shaka, anyone know.
flip
May 29, 2004 07:34PM
picked up sgt pepper 12' and vivian jones red eyes.....thanks for the info. big tunes! also U-Brown on Jah Warrior w/ Horace Andy, Rod taylor, prince alla .....still looking for that Max Romeo and companion dub on Vinyl
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login