Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Local Yocals

Posted by MountainGirl 
Local Yocals
April 30, 2004 06:09PM
Hey I live in Angels and wondered if alot of Locals go to the Fest. I've gone since the move to Frogtown and love it ALL!!!!!!!!!
Re: Local Yocals
May 03, 2004 08:27AM
i think the locals are aginit.

Post Edited (05-03-04 09:03)
May 03, 2004 09:28AM
Take the road less travel

Happy Trails
jb welda
May 03, 2004 09:37AM
what makes you say that b&c? im of the opposite opinion especially with the local youths around there, all i talked to are as excited as any of us and the shopkeepers and restaurants certainly welcome the cash.

one love
jah bill
May 03, 2004 09:40AM
no reason, other than i like to say aginit. i also like to say arugula.
May 03, 2004 10:07AM
LMAO, Humor save us all
May 03, 2004 03:26PM
No I don't think you're right about the locals being against the Fest. Many go from here. Young and old. Yes it brings $$ to the area but so does the Jumping Frog Jubilee (Our County Fair) that goes on this month. Talk about a Drunk Fest. We have a more diverse county than you may think, and yes more from here will go the County Fair, but SNWMF is not as contriversial as you may wish it to be. If you are respectful of the Locals you may be surprised by the respect you receive.
Rules are Rules, but certainly we are are all One.
May 03, 2004 03:55PM
UNITY AND BACK WEY WITH THE MIX UP
May 03, 2004 03:55PM
Right on MountainGirl - Thanks for having us! I think the area is wonderful and hope to pass a smile your way at the show!
May 03, 2004 04:57PM
Not against it...I think he was trying to ignorant in a funny way. Anyway, I'm sure he was joking. ONE LOVE to the locals for having us. I dig it!!!
flip
May 03, 2004 06:02PM
glad to hear some local love.......
May 04, 2004 04:02PM
Istill don't think I've heard from any locals. Where are Y'aLL!!!!
May 05, 2004 12:24PM
Concord CA.

Happy Trails
May 06, 2004 12:01AM
Hey, MountainGirl I live in Moke Hill and I will be going with some people from Jackson. I'll see you there I'll be the cat with a pompadour and Bad Brains t-shirt.
May 07, 2004 10:36PM
Where can I get tickets ocally? (I live in Mokelumne Hill) As far as locals being against it I've seen anything in the papers about; it a few years ago there was a "rave" fest and there was an outcry and way back the Dead played in Frogtown. Additionally I know many of the local cops (one is my brother) and they've told me they really don't anticape any problems.
May 07, 2004 10:50PM
banned in DC! nice up dat P.M.A. yocal! fearless vampire killers everytime -RASpects+
May 08, 2004 07:03PM
You can 3 day tix at Te's Espresso in Angels Camp. Say hi to my MOM if you go by, she owns it. My whole family goes to the fest. My Parents were at the Dead concert. I was just a babe and they left me w/ Nanny & Poppa. That was the last Mt. Air. Yeah I remember the Rave. Not my scene. Sure lots of negative press on that.
May 11, 2004 01:01PM
I graduated from Calaveras High....and Sierra Nevada is my favorite fest...especially since it moved to our fairgrounds.

All the locs should go.
May 11, 2004 01:26PM
Wait, I went to mountain air in 1999 in Angles Camp. Mountain Girl you must be older than five.
May 11, 2004 01:44PM
I think the Mountain Aire that Mountain girl is refering to ended after the Dead and Santana came to town in 1987. Bunch of "negative" things went down in Calaveras and Tuolumne counties during and directly following this show and they stopped the festival after that. It was too bad, I remember seeing some of my first concerts at this festival including The Police, Men at Work, GD, and Santana. As with you Mountain girl, that weekend was also my first of many Dead shows. I think the Left Overs or whatever the remaining Dead are called and some other "Jam Bands" started the fest back up around the time you are refering to FZ, but IMO it should not be related to the original festival. Anyways shout out to the Sonora Massive, Oh Yeah, there isn't one. Is there?
May 11, 2004 05:32PM
Yeah it was the '87 show. I was 2 at the time and mom & dad went w/ their friends. They took me to ROTR when I was 5 and my brother was 1. We did High Sierra and Trinity Tribal every year too. Now they are divorced but still friends. Mom gave Dad a tic to SNWMF last year so he could stay at our camp site. She had the shop open all weekend. My friends/I had a great time with them hangn out. I like the one whole big family of planet thing that goes on 24/4.
May 11, 2004 09:11PM
hey mountain girl! its ari from the alma crowd hello to a fellow local calaverasite
Acacia
May 12, 2004 10:40AM
24/4, that's funny.
May 12, 2004 08:20PM
24/4 as in Thursday to Sunday of the fest. I dig irie vibes 24/7/365!!!
Hey ari how the AO Ranch??
May 13, 2004 08:14AM
Calaverasites,

How is the River, has it started to slow and warm up? Want to get up the hill and take a dip... Camp9, Rainbow or God'sbath but I am sure it is still a bit early. Preparty at the river? Anyways keep me updated if possible?

Norcaljahman
May 13, 2004 04:18PM
Already been in at Camp9. The most beautiful in all the county to me.
May 14, 2004 09:05PM
I went to Mt. Aire 2 years ago. When are they having another? I'm in SoCal and can't decide what festys to come up north for. High Sierra is huge, I want more low key vibe. Angel's Camp is great! How big do they think SNWMF will be this year??
May 14, 2004 09:08PM
I believe the latest e-mail they sent out said the venue holds 10,000 so something around that number.
May 15, 2004 05:33PM
Kurt for lowkey spacious venue Angels is the place. As you know the grounds offer trees, sun, grass, shade. I recomend SNWMF. The High Sierra venue and show are my next fav. More close H20 at Quincy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login