Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

11th Annual Tucson/Marana Legends of Rasta Reggae Festival

Posted by ForwardZion 
11th Annual Tucson/Marana Legends of Rasta Reggae Festival
May 03, 2004 09:21PM
JahMeek,
I saw this festival online, You live in the area, did you go? It took place the last two days. Who played?
Re: 11th Annual Tucson/Marana Legends of Rasta Reggae Festival
May 03, 2004 09:26PM
From [www.legendsofrastareggaefestival.com]

Sacred Journey (Berkeley, CA.; Reggae, Jazz, African, Funk Gumbo)
Big Mountain (San Diego, CA; Roots Reggae)
Ras KARBI (Jamaica; Roots Fusion Reggae)
Tony Q and New Rastafara (Jakarta, Indonesia; Indonesian Reggae)
Kenyah (New York, Houston, TX; Jazz Fusion Worldbeat)
Journey to Sound (New York; Fusion Reggae)
The Majestiks (Panama, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Austin, TX; Reggae Fusion)
Mateo Monk (Boulder CO; Roots Reggae)
Black Rebels (Dakar, Senegal; West Africa; Roots Reggae)
Bulletproof Marshmallows (Montgomery, AL; Reggae Fusion, Ska)
Natty Nation (Milwaukee, WI; Roots Rock Reggae)
SunCycle ( London, England; Roots Dancehall Reggae)
Watusi (Dallas; Roots Fusion Worldbeat)
DJ Mixmaster Baby Shanx with Megladon Soundsytem (San Antonio; Dancehall Reggae)
Roots ‘N Roots (St. Louis, MO; Reggae/Worldbeat Fusion)
Nautral Sisters (Nairobi, Kenya, England, Jamaica, Houston, TX; Roots Fusion Reggae)
Daddy Roots (Anguilla B.W.I., Roots Reggae)
Cornerstone Roots (Waikato, New Zealand, Roots World Music)
Mystic Vision (Tijeras, NM; Roots Reggae)
Baldread and the Ragga Muffin Crew ( Northern CA., Roots Fusion Reggae)
Casper Lomayesva & the 602 Reggae Band ( Hopiland, AZ; Hopi Native Reggae)
Caesar Myles & the Dreaded Truth Band (Cleveland, OH, Northern CA; Urban Roots Reggae)
Dee Jay Ice (Paris, France; ScratchSchool)
Code Red (Nigeria, East Africa; Dallas; Tribute to Bob Marley)

Post Edited (05-03-04 15:07)
May 03, 2004 09:53PM
ThanksBun!
May 03, 2004 10:48PM
dont listion to bun he really does nah kno. these bands are being used for there own promotion & not by bands permission. if u want AZ. scene info please get in contact with i*. -RASpects+
May 03, 2004 10:56PM
i* played tempe version last year & guess what nobody got paid & even venue dues were skipped out which in turn gave our local reggae scene a bad rep. from dis club & otherz az rumerz spread. city of tempe also has a bar on a community chance because .guess what not even city got paid year before dat. one thing to use bands for promotion but try to skip on city police fees & bang u have a major problem. have much more to nah mention about dis un-rasta like of a travel show. so what if they give local & unsigned bandz a chance. dey also use dem & throw away the key. itez*
May 03, 2004 11:04PM
cho, i nah know what??? I nah know how to cut and paste? or how to use a search engine?

here's one for the "JahMeek Nah Know" file - [www.dictionary.com]
May 03, 2004 11:05PM
thanx bun but already have a non-cyber verzion. but thanx anywayz. -RASpects+
May 03, 2004 11:18PM
no respects, you have no respects. no wool over my eyes.
May 03, 2004 11:21PM
RASpect iz earned bi* JaH*worx. nah any jerk can take a slice of dat without a little luv first*. plenty of wolf in wool coats. -nuff RASpects
May 03, 2004 11:24PM
you are just a used cars salesman for jah.
May 03, 2004 11:25PM
u used dat line on another victim way back on another thread. JaH*Kno'z
May 03, 2004 11:29PM
i have used it many times. when the cap fits...
May 03, 2004 11:32PM
well u got a quote now* waz it worth the vibe? just wonding what your goal iz in the scene besides party, party, party. everymon get paid according to his worx. -RASpects+
May 03, 2004 11:34PM
r u guys true Rasta or internet geeks who thrive on negativity and being able to be heard and not seen? respect is due to all one love! peace bredren
May 03, 2004 11:37PM
no man, i never claim rasta. respect is not due to all. you will learn when you grow up.
May 03, 2004 11:39PM
breath the fresh air * JAH*
May 03, 2004 11:43PM
thats right jahweek - i am going to chime in on this. i will ask you (again) if you read the posts you are responding to or if you just get your panties in a bunch and fly off the handle and start spouting your gibberish? go back and read what was initially posted and then your hostile response. all bun n cheese did was provide a link to the performers in response to forwardzions question. your response was out of line for what he did and then you make it worse by playing the "poor little rasta" tune. you got a real problem dude. now please be sure to respond to my post with all kinds of letters and characters and gibberish but makes no difference - you got a problem dude.
May 03, 2004 11:47PM
dirtweed your no stranger u mite wanna crawl back down from dis or are u teamin' the negative vibez? it does nah matter but just some more great reasonz on how people start warz. maybe u should run for office dey r alwayz looking for fresh blood like the i*. JAH*
May 03, 2004 11:51PM
so answer my question - do you read the posts or do you just start jabbering? why do you feel you had to come down so hard (don' listen to bun.....). and if i did run for office i would make you my minister of gibberish.
May 03, 2004 11:55PM
dont listion to bun because one i* tell ya datmaybe about 10 percent of these bands are really gonna play & two anybody can go on the webpage & copy the liez. does dat spell it clear for you. i* kno u in person were in the shadow from last time u were burned so dont mention it. no hard feelingz. 7X77*
May 04, 2004 12:02AM
you are an idiot jahweek. tell me - how was bun n cheese to know this? looks like he was doing a favor by posting the lineup. instead of slamming bun you maybe could have just posted the facts rather than your hissy-fit. and i have not been burned - especially by your weak fire. you mean nothing to me and i can see why you are in god-forsaken arizona after being run out of east coast because you got no sense.
jb welda
May 04, 2004 12:03AM
could someone please point out to me even one "legend" in that list? if thats the cause of all the commotion, i am reminded of the phrase "tempest in a teapot". respect to all who play reggae but if thats all they had to offer (and even those names were not really signed) i wouldnt cross the street on a boring day to catch it. oh well, i guess its different in tucson.

one love
jah bill
May 04, 2004 12:04AM
bulletproof marshmellows? what kind of band name is that? thats gotta be the stupidest thing ive seen.
Acacia
May 04, 2004 12:05AM
Jahmeek, you wanna talk about wolves in sheeps clothing? Puffy wool jackets or whatever you said? Look no further than your bathroom mirror. You sling a lot of sharp words and then claim it to be all respect. Simply put, you rub people to wrong way. Check yourself.
May 04, 2004 12:14AM
never lived on east coast & only mention RASpect all the time because nuff people stray everyday among our own. if dirtweed callz dis slamming im az confussed az bill @dis point. acacia i* send u free cd'z upon your request & dis da thanx i* get. chatty about RASpects. well i* tink it'z time for a new addition on line up people getting all chitty chat about nothing now. -NUFF RASpects+
Iri_I
May 04, 2004 12:53AM
Acacia (---.lmi.net)
Date: 05-03-04 17:05

Jahmeek, you wanna talk about wolves in sheeps clothing? Puffy wool jackets or whatever you said? Look no further than your bathroom mirror. You sling a lot of sharp words and then claim it to be all respect. Simply put, you rub people to wrong way. Check yourself.

For real!!
flip
May 04, 2004 01:00AM
is burning spear really playing?
May 04, 2004 01:58AM
a little late on the bandwagon Iri_I. your mirror iz waiting. JAH*
Stevo
May 04, 2004 06:35AM

Ites-
Stevo
May 04, 2004 07:06AM
"you are just a used cars salesman for jah."

Aaaahahahahaha....funniest thing I've read on this forum so far.
May 04, 2004 09:56AM
I nah come fi make bad vibes, sorry for da post, nah wann ne involved in dis mix up, mix up, just wann know was gwann in dis here reggae nation, seen? Thanx for the band list Bun, and if that is a sham, sorry for da fest. Jahmeek, if nah those artist play at tha fest than how come it still 11 years....Nah disrespect but it have to come wit something to survive.....Did this Fest just rub you the wrong way?
ForwardZion.........
May 04, 2004 05:54PM
itz not 11 yearz more like 3. dem stray from bob marley festival & still try to claim dat rank over new production & new promotion. talk about dodge'in possible law suits. still waiting for ad in reggae festival guide to C' wha dey try to pull up on dis year. legendz! ya hear i*? pay your damm billz & stop the bloodclot! -RASpects+
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login