Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Abyssinians

Posted by E-Jah 
The Abyssinians
May 17, 2005 11:37PM
I would love to see The Abyssinians. Never have, but would really love to.

Three questions:

Does any one know if they are performing anywhere else in CA besides this festival?

Does any one know which night they will play?

When are the line ups announced?

Thanks for your help. Peace.
Re: The Abyssinians
May 17, 2005 11:40PM
deh will probly be a tour schedule posted soon, I know dem workin on it as wi speek...
May 17, 2005 11:41PM
>still not sure if dem all gonnah be there mite only B two according to The Daniel Insider' -RASpects+
May 17, 2005 11:44PM
Well the original Abyssinians consisted of Bernard Collins, Donald Manning and Lynford Manning. So far as I am aware, Lynford has not held the mike in over 25 years, but it WILL BE Bernard and Donald together again!!!

The lineups will be out in a few weeks, but if i were a betting man, I would go with Sunday for the Abyssinians.....
May 17, 2005 11:46PM
>Lynford has not held mic in 25years? u sure about dat?.... -RASpects+
May 17, 2005 11:49PM
Well maybe on some 'bandwagon' here or there.........

Did you read the first part of the sentence?
May 17, 2005 11:51PM
>yep... seems studio work is there but i* dont kno much about the live projects.
-RASpects+
June 13, 2005 10:00PM
I would love to see The Abyssinians. Never have, but would really love to.

Does any one know if they are performing anywhere else in CA besides this festival?

Thanks for your help. Peace.

June 13, 2005 10:51PM
They're playing at the Belly-Up Tavern in Solana Beach this Thursday night, June 16th.

[www.bellyup.com]

Peace,
-RV
SLE
June 13, 2005 11:02PM
The original Abyssinians last performed together around 1989/90 in the UK, with Linford alongside his brother and Bernard.
June 13, 2005 11:06PM
>the re-union album iz pretty tight & can totaly overstand why dem re-issued it so quik* -RASpects+
June 13, 2005 11:09PM
>put out original in 99' by way* re-released last year.......
-RASpects+
June 15, 2005 04:56PM
seeing the Abyssinians for the first time on a SNWMF stage back in 1997 was truly an amazing moment. Not only did they peform Satta a whole of 3 times but they were a ROOTS band and it was massive binghi drum joy. If you've never seen them, prepare to have your mind melted....into a blissfull state.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login