Comic Strip

Posted by ForwardZion 
Comic Strip
May 04, 2004 07:39PM
This really made me laugh!!
[buzztone.atlanticrecords.com]
Re: Comic Strip
May 04, 2004 08:32PM
funny chit! sponsored by VP & BET. i* dont watch BET it iz non-culture garbage & almost @ the point where i* will longer buy records from VP. i* bet 10 to 1 like daniel would say R.O.T.R. hirez dis clot next year. energy god? negative energy maybe. RASclot u can seh about i* dat alrite! itez*
May 04, 2004 09:54PM
You wanna talk about a real 'energy god', I've got one word for you

TOOTS!!!!!!!
EVERYONE
May 04, 2004 09:55PM

god dammit "jahmeek" isn't it possible for you to NOT come into someone's thread and fart?

save your stupid judgement for someone who asks for it, PLEASE. otherwise if you could please **** off, that would be terrific. oh yeah and please stay there in Arizona. California is closed at the moment.

by the way, you are such a screwball i decided to take a look at your even more scrweball website... i see that you frequent a place called "The Vine Tavern."

is that ital corned beef they show on their website? (http://www.vinetavern.com/) or how 'bout those chicken wings they show? are those ital roots chicken wings?

and who decided you should be called "jahmeek"? or did you honor youself with that title?

do you know there is already a young Jamaican singer who was given that name?
[www.therootsman.co.uk]

i almost feel bad for hammering you here but as i said i'm really sick of you coming in to each thread and passing judgement (or gas) on perfectly valid comments like you are on some kind of moral mountain top.

how's the ital corned beef up there?
May 04, 2004 09:58PM
give it to me one time
huh
gives it me two times
huh huh
give it to me three times
huh huh huh
give it to me three thousand five hundred and sixty two times
huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh.........etc
I guess that qualifies as "energy god"
May 04, 2004 10:02PM
Forward, have you ever seen him in concert? My comment has nothing to do with 54-46 and everything to do with the amount of raw energy he puts into his performances. I saw him last year and he had as much energy on stage as he did when I first saw him in 1974!
Stevo
May 04, 2004 10:11PM
He's full of energy no doubt, a born showman, and a blast to see, but he will never live down the time a couple of yrs ago @ the Maritime Hall when Forward leaned over and screamed in my ear.....ENOUGH TIMES!!!!!!!! I almost died laughing in agreement. Sometimes the whole encore ting is too much with Toots. But you are right, so much raw energy. Amazing at his age, whatever that may be.
Irie-
Stevo
EVERYONE
May 04, 2004 10:13PM

aw damn...

come on Daniel.. it had to be done
May 04, 2004 10:20PM
-hey everyone+ i* dont play @vine tavern anymore dem a clot your rite about dat. i* waz only helping i* bredrenz & their band Kindread who needed sum dub between setts. i* waz not hired buy the vine i* waz working over the bandz vibe. nore did i* get served anyting but ice tea from dem. i* played it concious because itz only down the street from where i* live & iz very close to A.S.U. which gives i* a chance to show students what it iz all about. i* am working on playing a new resturant & dey mite serve meat to otherz but again i* wont be eating there just working & drinking ice tea. also i* kno of Jah Mek from germany. who also spellz it alittle differnt & does not impress i* as much as artists like: Jah Cure, Jah Warrior, Jah Mason, Jah Stitch do i* need to mention anymore? so gwan like u runn tingz in cali* wha a joke. just like bob marley sayz: "some bredren who do the rite & get brutalized just by saying rite tingz, u kno what i* mean?" interveiw by: Neville Willoughby -1974*
May 04, 2004 10:24PM
i* also saw toots @ the maritime hall! to i* iz best non-rasta artist on market. everybody waz danceing with no worries in da place. good show. -RASpects+
May 05, 2004 07:40PM
Is the intro important, because its taking forever to load.............

Happy Trails
May 05, 2004 07:44PM
i saw him last night, he had the crowd in his hands. Bam Bam was well nice.
May 06, 2004 05:15AM
Bun-n-cheese.. u saw toots in SF last night? How was that show?
jb welda
May 06, 2004 04:15PM
toots is in sf friday night i believe

one love
jah bill
May 06, 2004 04:36PM
bun n cheese - how were the pixies? saw an article on the "sunstroke festival" in coachella and they also played there.
May 06, 2004 05:34PM
I saw toots in Portland. Cant say 'bout SF.

Pixies were simply awesome. All of the little nuances were spot on. I could not believe how tight they played. Joey Santiago just crushed every tune.
I have the live recording.
Acacia
May 06, 2004 09:41PM
Where is Toots playing in SF?
jb welda
May 06, 2004 10:28PM
independent on divisadero st...

aka justice league, kennel club, etc

one love
jah bill
Ganja Money
May 06, 2004 10:51PM
Godd to Mad Dem! MayDAY!!!!

Toots and Elephant are Kings of their trade

Toots is forever! No question! James Brown of Reggae, wha dem seh? Hardest working man in showbiz? Fe' real
Elephant is the "energy god' No Joke, every show him tear down the place!
Toots playin SF Fri/Sat, 8th/9th. Check Jah Yzer there Friday and Irie Dole Saturday, Shelter Run Tings!!
May 06, 2004 11:44PM
While I agree that Toots is a "King" of his trade, i think Elephantman is more like the 'flavour of the day'. Time will tell......
May 07, 2004 08:31AM
Yah Daniel, check that comic thread, comic are spose to be funny right? What was him dancing the electric bugaloo!! And to the quote "Tear down the place" well I seen him live and many of them dancehall "studio" players just ain't cut out for the stage. Some good in the studio and some shine on stage... them that can to both become legends..........Nah elephant man...Slack...Cho!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login