Posted by Jahmeek 
PSALM 76*
May 05, 2004 08:54AM
rize & shine*
Re: PSALM 76*
May 06, 2004 05:01AM
In JUDAH is JAH known. . .

Psalm 76
1 In Judah is God known: his name is great in Israel.
2 In Salem also is his tabernacle, and his dwelling place in Zion.
3 There brake he the arrows of the bow, the shield, and the sword, and the battle. Selah.
4 Thou art more glorious and excellent than the mountains of prey.
5 The stouthearted are spoiled, they have slept their sleep: and none of the men of might have found their hands.
6 At thy rebuke, O God of Jacob, both the chariot and horse are cast into a dead sleep.
7 Thou, even thou, art to be feared: and who may stand in thy sight when once thou art angry?
8 Thou didst cause judgment to be heard from heaven; the earth feared, and was still,
9 When God arose to judgment, to save all the meek of the earth. Selah.
10 Surely the wrath of man shall praise thee: the remainder of wrath shalt thou restrain.
11 Vow, and pay unto the LORD your God: let all that be round about him bring presents unto him that ought to be feared.
12 He shall cut off the spirit of princes: he is terrible to the kings of the earth.

JAH RAS TAFARI . . . The conquering Lion of JUDAH reigns forever.. blessed!
May 06, 2004 05:02AM
VIBEZ*!!!!!!!
ARI
May 13, 2004 09:31PM
Praise be to Him that shines like the golden sun.

love===Ari*
May 13, 2004 09:35PM
wow, this is getting weird.
May 14, 2004 03:50AM
more fyah everytime! nuff RASpects to the followerz of i* JAH Rasta Far i*
May 14, 2004 04:49AM
Bun and cheese perhaps you need to just read and listin!
May 14, 2004 06:19AM
Bun-n-cheese... are you Jamaican?? With a name like bun-n-cheese I would think so but by your reaction to the Ises to His Majesty I can see that you are probably not familiar with the vibes. . .

Reggae music is rooted in the King's message! InI are just professing what you already hear in the music you obviously enjoy...

Hail JAH RasTafarI
May 14, 2004 03:22PM
I am not JA'can. I am no rasta.

I feel praises are personal and should remain so. I got nuff love.
May 14, 2004 03:25PM
BTW, If you check your history on reggae music, you will find indeed it is not rooted in any kings' messages. Unless you are talking about Elvis.
shaunsta
May 14, 2004 03:27PM
Jah! Rastafari lives forever!!
May 14, 2004 03:49PM
ini dont mean to step pon the next mans meditation.

go deh.
May 14, 2004 04:34PM
OOHHH JAH.... Elvis?? Cha.. FIRE !!

Actually if you check it through the Elders of Rastafari you know that REGGAE music in its fullness came out of the Wailers.. and I am not talking about ska or any other musics coming out of JA before their uprising in fame. Bob Marley and the Wailers are rooted in RASTAFARI. Know your history... there are more places to seek History than books.

I see that you have an affinity for Rastafari still... so InI will move forward with the meditation...
Sellassie I

***Love Africa***
May 14, 2004 05:05PM
It is not Rastafari name I praise.

Without the mento, ska and rocksteady, there would be no reggae. I know a thing or two about the history, enough not to look at it through jah coloured glasses.
jb welda
May 14, 2004 05:05PM
1. reggae did not come out of rasta...rasta adopted reggae as a form of communication.

2. bmw were a ska act before being a rocksteady act and then being reborn under lee perry as a reggae act and then chris blackwell as an international reggae act (far away different from a yard rasta act)

3. bun is right..."reggae" owes more to american rhythm and blues (where elvis comes in) than to rasta as for its original influence

4. check "selassie is the chapel" vs "crying in the chapel" if you dont believe #3

thats not taking anything away from rasta, its just the lineage. anyone who was there will tell you that.

one love
jah bill
May 14, 2004 05:39PM
True dat - Bob and Peter (and Rita) were coverted to Rasta years after the Wailers formed, by Bunny for the most part. But the real rootsy reggae came together under a heavy Rastafarian influence, and is stepped in spirituality. I do not claim to be Rasta, but I can relate to much of the ideology.

By the way - if you're Christian, you may be closer to Rastafari than you think...the main church of Ethiopia is the Coptic Church, the oldest Christian church there is. Rasta's put a few missing books back into the Bible, and created a new chapter when the heir of Solomon was crowned H.I.M. Thought someone might be interested (I know the people at the top of the post aren't hearing anything new..)
May 14, 2004 06:42PM
dis Elvis ting iz a bit of joke. just like beer drinking & a american foundation in anyting but rockin' roll, blues or country music, ect.. Elvis waz no king az his jealous attitude towards the Beatles showed very clear. i* am one to tink Nyabinghi iz more of a solid foundation from such worx az the great Count Ossie in 60's. dis to i* played a much LARGER roll than any west riddimz have. Yes it'z very true ska & rocksteady played apart in development of the beat dat comes from listioning to american records. but the Rasta mon is the 1 vibe that conquired the industry & Lee Perry would be sure to inform u dis in more "weird" wordz az quoted here than a simple Psalm of reference would ever stir up. Chris Blackwell did nothing for the culture except market it & really played no roll expect on how to sell it so iNi family'z children could eat az working musicanz should be able to. just az now when the hip-hop industry iz trying to rule over the dancehall dem still cant get past fact dat hip-hop or rap has no foundation in the dancehall & iz just tryin' to market babywrongz popular bamba once again for a fast buck. no matter how much some try to water down the vibe u will never get past the lion of judah & all the i*deology & spirituality that iz the cornerstone of reggae muzak. if Bob or Peter waz around to defend demself today he would set a few tingz straight dat have been nothing but efferts to sell, sell, sell iNi out. so iNi az one people should RASpect what Bunny has to say & not throw your beer bottles @ H.I.M. like these wanna be ruff neckz have done in the latez. im not from JA n' such but it seemz just shamless to C' so many youth go astray on the gloryous island in the current. itz one ting to listion to rootz muzak & nah really support the lyricz because the riddim just mekz u feel good in a way but to gwan & knock down the foundation & gwan like rapperz gang starz or atheist iz obserd & mekz i* wanna throw up in dar face in a more kinder way toward dis aggnostic behaivor. where iz dat kindred spirit? where iz your rootz? how did u come about to catch dis natural vibration dat iz sprung from off beatz az it defined itself. iNi live inna strange land & dar iz nothing "weird" about it. JAH haz shown us why with plenty of reasonz dat some choose to ignore or pass off. pleaze take your budweiser mentality & put it in your own ice chest. u cant stop the rulerz who are in reggae scene. because they are RASTAS not senseless negative consumerz. power to the truth! one heart, one aim, one destiney! >1LUV*+*+*+*+*+*+*+
May 14, 2004 06:56PM
so jahmeek - are you saying that if you are not rasta you should not be allowed to listen to reggae?? or that if you listen to reggae you need to convert to rasta? i don't get it.
May 14, 2004 06:57PM
what he said.
May 14, 2004 07:00PM
Jahmeek - c'mon mon I HATE budweiser! I mean no disrespect brother - quite the opposite in fact. Nyabinghi - yes more roots, but all music flow back to the drums and pipes of all the tribes of Jah's kingdom, not just the children of the sun. Personally I tink it funny how as we get more "global" in our overstanding, the music get more rhythmical, more back to basics...
May 14, 2004 07:01PM
NO not @all but if you listion to reggae & dont beleive in RASwayz u must have a little more RASpect towards there beleifz no matter how much u oppossed dem to fit your own valuez & way of life style. without the rasta mon & womb-mon dar would be no good reggae today. u cant water down the proff no matter how hard u try. nuff RASpects
May 14, 2004 08:08PM
Quote from Daniel:
"Well for me, reggae music has never been for the music, but rather for the message.

I can name dozens of soul or r&b vocalists who are superior to any vocals that i am aware of in reggae. So too, there are scores of musicians that outdo reggae's finest players of instruments.

But for me, reggae's got something that i don't see in other musics.....VIBES."
I agree, there IS SOMETHING MORE GOING ON HERE RATHER THAN JUST MUSIC, SEEN!
May 14, 2004 09:06PM
I sistren second JahMeek with the message that ones that are **loving** reggae roots could show a bit more raspect for sistren and bredren upon the trod. Seen...it is why coming unto JAH RasTaFari Alpha I is called coming unto the FULLNESS.
And how blessed it is to interpret reggae music through a heart and mind recieving the music in it's FULLNESS>>>>>>
Much love to EVERY I.....fullness or not. For it soon come unto everyI upon this earth.
Blessed
May 14, 2004 09:09PM
"For it soon come unto everyI upon this earth."
Yes I, every tounge shall tell............
ForwardZion
May 14, 2004 10:28PM
Are you guys serious about believing Selassie is the mesiah?

Nuff Said
Norcaljahman
May 14, 2004 10:36PM
"religion is the opiate of the masses" and these folk are highly opiated.
May 15, 2004 04:31AM
religion iz about all in one expressing the same dogmah n' such. a cult iz a cult & churchs be nah differnt when it comes to the diffention. Rasta come in many wayz of life & many of dem besides the RASpected origanized versionz who'z namez im nah mentioning keep the individuality dem proclaim & practice a way of life not a religion. religion iz a word babywrong wantz it to be so dey can oppress iNi not because dey even accept it az a religion. just check sum of these colleges now holding class's instructed by teacherz who dont even beleive in the power of the most high like iNi do but just find it interesting just like dis irie reggae muzak your interested in. -RASpects+
May 16, 2004 12:48AM
WHY DO ONES COME TO FIGHT RASTA DOWN WHEN THEY GO TO THESE FESTIVALS IN THEIR "REGGAE GEAR" AND FLASH THE ITES GOLD AND GREEN??? The only reason this issue is still being a thread on this board is because of Bun-n-cheese's comment "Wow, this is getting wierd." As if the I hasn't RealEyezed that the music of Rastafari is Reggae and when you attend these festivals you are listening to praises to His Majesty the whole time... CHa.. No one said you must be Rasta to listen to reggae.. you must RESPECT rasta if you're gonna listen to reggae. Well.. hopefully when you're at these festivals there is some higher heights and not just the beer taking control of your minds..

Who feels it knows it!!!
Blessed to all the I's chanting Sellassie I name as well the ones respecting those whom chant His name!.. many are called, chosen are few. Ises.
May 16, 2004 04:46AM
Elvis owes his career to Chuck Berry, Ray Charles and many black performers before him. Same way Eminem owes his career to, well you name any black MC before him.

Anyway, why did you all have to **** up the Rasta thread. I'm not a follower of Rastafai either, but they are a welcome segment in any arena, as they generally bring more upward & good-minded thought than the norm.
Let them worship in peace. For the NoCal duuuuude who can't fathom people believe Selassie the messiah...do you bust down the doors of your local church and laugh at all those who worship Jesus? G'way...
May 16, 2004 08:57AM
Well said Chimino, Respect BREDREN! With respect and love prevailing, this world would be such a better place. Give thanks for TRUTH.
Blessed
May 17, 2004 05:05AM
Truth
ForwardZion...
May 17, 2004 03:12PM
The question was proposed in a way to understand what and where some of these readings come from. Everyone has the right to believe what they want or will, but my question was/is does anyone believe Selassie is the Messiah, I can walk into "my local" church and propose this question(Is Jesus the Messiah?) and I WILL get YES as the answer. If it is believed he is the Messiah, WHY? I am not trying to tear down anyones beliefs but when the message board turned from "music" talk to "readings" I am curious to understand their origination. Chimino as far as "upward and good minded thought", you bring enough of it to this board.. What is the "TRUTH"

norcaldudeman
May 17, 2004 06:55PM
the truth iz yabby you or a mon called messian dread(wwww.dubroom.com) are well known Jesus dreadz & dem get nuff RASpect cause dem overstand i* faith. itz all on a pozitive+ level of conciousness dat extendedz past all the bamba when it iz written in revolationz dat iNi come together in the end for a more pozitive case than beleifz. peace iz one of these common goalz dat groundz iNi but iNi mus not take dat peice of graveYARD the headed beast iz trying to sell iNi. -RASpects+
May 17, 2004 07:13PM
From what Rastas have told me, many (not all)of them believe Selassie to be the Messiah for the true Israelites (the African Diaspora) who wander Babylon in search of a return home, whether physical or spiritual. If you objectively read Biblical writings regarding a returning Messiah, the connection is not much of a stretch...at least compared to any of the other Messiahs people have been proclaiming over the centuries (Jesus included).
May 17, 2004 07:18PM
Something like,

Praises be unto the lord that he gave us this effects chamber. Blessed be the flange, echo, and especially the reverb unto his name. That we may dubwise in his holy sanctity y y y
May 17, 2004 07:21PM
sure dubwize iz a mus! stepperz comin' through.(the band can come too*) -RASpects+
May 17, 2004 08:19PM
That is my style, Bun...

Thanks for keepin it real

norcaldude
May 17, 2004 08:33PM
blessed be the dirt. blessed be the weed. blessed be the dirt of the weed and the weed of the dirt.
May 17, 2004 09:54PM
Actually Yesua (jesus) himself said this:

John 16:4
...I did not tell you this from the beginning since I was with you;
but now I am going to the One who sent me.
Not one of you asks "Where are you going?"
Yet you are sad at heart because I have told you this.
Still, I am telling you the Truth;
it is for your own good that I am going, because unless I go,
the Paraclete will not come to you; but if I go I will send HIM to you.
And when He comes,
He will show the world how wrong it was,
about sin,
and about who was in the right,
and about judgement;
about sin;
in that they refuse to believe in me;
about who was in the right:
in that I am going to my Father and that you will see me no more;
about judgement:
in that the prince of this world is already condemned.
I still have many things to say to you
but they would be too much to bear now.
However, when the Spirit of Truth comes
He will lead you to the complete truth,
since He will not speak of His own accord,
but will say only what He has been told;
and He will reveal to you the things to come.
He will glorify me,
since all he reveals to you
will be taken from what is mine.
Everything the Father has is mine;
that is why I have said:
All he reveals to you will be taken from what is mine.

Again, Yesua said that another would come, one who would show the world how wrong it was and that he would reveal unto InI the FULLNESS of the truth. Everyone knows about what Yesua preached. About a new zion on earth, etc. But did he say where? No, that is a part of the fullness that come throught the hola line of the Tribe of Judah and from the King of Iration that would come through that line. From where InI hail bredren, (the garden of eden) so shalll InI return in the end times. there will be a 100 reign of peacity and love and inity, as a bride being prepared for the bridegroom. that is why InI hail Mama Africa and His Imperial Majesty because all the pieces of the story add up to some s*e*r*i*o*u*s info.
Keep reading, search with a purity of heart and beg for overstanding. Knock and it will be upon unto thee. So many rastas so many trods. A great deal hail fully Yesua the Christ, as I do, so chill stevo, your making yourself look a bit blind.
And norcal.....get that JAH man outta ya name. That is no fashion thing, bro, to call Iself by the name of JAH, yet reject HIM.
Its reVEALation time......
May 17, 2004 09:54PM
That was supposed to say 1000 year reign-----oops
May 17, 2004 10:59PM
I rejected nothing, just asked a question which obviously cannot be answered in a coherent way. FYI, Jah is my god too...

Norcaljahman
May 18, 2004 05:06PM
OOOHHHH JAHHHH..
Why do the heathen rage and imagine a vain thing?

Blessed Sis April, InI stand firm in the gideon, Sistren.. Give thanks for the Higher Heights!

JAH RasTafarI MenenI
Blessed Love in The Highest Sellassie I
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login