Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jah Bill

Posted by The Massive 
The Massive
Jah Bill
May 06, 2004 03:59PM
I wish Jah Bill would lighten up and not just try to be some reggae know it all.
Ganja Money
Re: Jah Bill
May 06, 2004 04:01PM
A different topic, but I agree none the less.

Lighten up Billy

One Love
May 06, 2004 04:29PM
no - you misspelt his name - it is jahmeek the "reggae expert".
May 06, 2004 04:39PM
Jah Bill does not try to be a reggae expert. Instead, he pretends to be just a lover of great music.

The reality is that jah bill knows far more about reggae then he will admit to, and far more than anyone else on this board.

He won't admit it, but he is an audiocrate par excellant (sp) that deserves the utmost respect for being so humble in spite of his 'higher' knowledge.
May 06, 2004 04:40PM
Right on dirtweed. Jah Bill may come off like some reggae know it all, but at least he makes sense.
jb welda
May 06, 2004 04:51PM
yes i agree with the massive.

now maybe we can get on to something of some importance. like why the top two posters in this thread seem to come from the same address. hmmm.

one love
jah bill
May 06, 2004 04:54PM
I've watched this negativity from afar, but c'mon now,
I for one am grateful to be able to read some of the knowledge of music and can thank Jah Bill for two websites that have become favorites of mine. (AUDIOMAXXX and Ernie B's)
if "lightening up" means not being passionate about all forms of Jamaican music, then I must disagree.
I must also say praises due to Forward Zion, Jahmeek, Daniel, Bun n cheese,
dj big Jim, 420, sister Jen and a few others who escape me right now, but your combined knowledge of this wonderful music is such a pleasure to read and up to the "enimies in Cali" post I can say I've looked forward to learning more from you.

PEACE

Michael
May 06, 2004 06:11PM
Gotta jump in on this one. Jah Bill has been one of the most positive contributors to this board. Most of the time he stays away from negativity, except for when something must be said. Those of you who want to spread animosity and negativity on the board should find something else to do with your time. My suggestion: spend more time listening to the message and reading the good book.

The Gooch
May 06, 2004 07:49PM
relax guess where we will be in 5 weeks
May 06, 2004 08:03PM
i* have no problem with Bill az long az him try to give effert on spelling i* name rite* -RASpects+
May 06, 2004 08:31PM
Yeah, know what you mean. Back on July 16th, 2002, my 1st son was clinging to the first day of his life in intensive care-barely able to breathe with severe bacterial pneumonia in his lungs. 'Luke' was later careflighted to a San Antonio ICU later that day and placed on a respirator. Packing at home for an extended hospital stay , I found a package of about 15 cd's in the mail-including some personal holy grails- courtesy of Jah Bill. Sending food when he didn't even know I to be hungry?! Time was rough-the most perilous two 1/2 weeks of my life, but the new(to me) vibes helped I ah deal with prayer and remain positive and strong-the music sounding sweeter every day my son's condition improved. Always will be thankful for that JB, respect!

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..
May 06, 2004 08:40PM
'nuff said
May 06, 2004 09:04PM
No need for the personal bullshit. Jah Bill and I disagree strongly on certain things but all in all he brings nothing but positive contributions to this board. Dunno if the same can be said about someone who calls themselves "Ganja Money" and claims to represent "The Massive".
Stevo
May 06, 2004 10:18PM
Jah Bill-
I wouldn't fire such harsh shots if you were a little more inconspicuous about insulting my opinions. And bwoy can you fire em right back. I can't remember stepping on your toes until mine were stepped on. Hope your not tooooo surprised that the pedistal your on in this message board, isn't enough for me to
sacrifice my spiritual beliefs or keep certain opinions to myself in hopes that you might shine your light of acceptance on me. You may know a lot about reggae, but you ain't the only one.

You know, I think it all started when I first disagreed with something you said on this board. Anyways....your folly is clear to me at this point. Maybe mine to you as well. So what? Sorry for pissing you off man. I will try to be more considerate from here on out. Sincerely. But don't confuse that to mean being someone I'm not, or condoning things I don't think are right. I can't promise I won't offend you again, unless you can promise not to read my posts. Just so you know, I wasn't offended by you at all, until you sunk lower than anyone else on this board has sunk, in my opinion. I'm waiting for an apology.
Ites-
Stevo
pat
May 06, 2004 10:34PM
Jah bill not only knows about reggae.. Looks like he might also kno how to read a little address by the posters name..... Damn, looks like the "massive" or "ganja money" got schooled. Wooops q lasitma sad smiley
jb welda
May 06, 2004 11:18PM
heres an interesting coincidence:

Author: Irie Dole (64.163.151.---)
Author: The Massive (64.163.151.---)
Author: Ganja Money (64.163.151.---)

seems its a pretty popular server.

anyway, thanks for the kind words folks. i appreciate it. its nice to know who your friends are.

one love
jah bill
papa ray
May 07, 2004 08:02AM
As Bobby Blue Bland once say,

'People talk about me
both night and day
but I say Lord,
forgive them
and just go on
the other way.'

I'll stand JB a drink(or draw) @ SNWMF.
May 07, 2004 08:26AM
Yes mon - I too will offer a drink to JB! The posts that I have read (by no means complete I assure you!) have made me respect Jah Bill, and quite a few others - hope to talk with you all...

Empress - wisdom

Stevo - don't know what the hell you're talking about, but you sound pretty reasonable...

papaken - Makes you realize how stupid some of these post are - glad Luke is doing well!Jah bless!

The Gooch - (GOOCH!- hilarious) - I like your attitude, pass the Chali...
GG
May 07, 2004 08:40AM
"now maybe we can get on to something of some importance. like why the top two posters in this thread seem to come from the same address."

ROFLMAO!!!!!! (I caught that too!)

May 07, 2004 09:06AM
Seriously, don't be jelious of one mans possessions, weather it be intelagence,
a thang or a person, give respect for the knowledge givin. I sure do.
Thank you JB and Zion and Daniel and everyone here and soon to be thier!
Respect-
-PKW
jjlab3
May 07, 2004 10:23AM
Over the last two years I have learned much from Jah Bill about Reggae on this board. I find his posts witty and informative.

He keeps it about the music. Unforunately there are some who need to cause strife and draw attention to themselves. Bill tells it like it is and some others do too.

Big , Big up Jah Bill. Don't let the haters who have invaded the board get you down.

I'd buy you a beer anytime.
JUAN LOVE
May 07, 2004 10:56AM
wow jb looks like you already have your beer for this fest taken care of- two or three from the above post including my self-thats almost a sixpac. nuff respects to jb for all the info on this music we all love one love-juan love
May 07, 2004 11:22AM
Jah Bill has been very gracious to me over the last 4 years or so. Sending me countless hours of music in the mail, never ever asking for anything in return. When I've needed info on artists, he's provided everything (labels, years, producters, players, studio, etc.).

It was he who introduced me to Leroy 'Horsemouth' Wallace last year. Someone who I wanted to meet for some time, thank you Jah Bill.

If all of you only realized the legwork he puts in off the radar for SNWMF. I don't believe he is paid either. Simply the love of the music and the pleasure of seeing smiles on others faces in Angel's Camp is reward for him.

Thanks for everything Jah Bill.

One love
eric v
flip
May 07, 2004 11:28AM
the main reason i spend time on this board is to learn more about reggae music and the festival. i don't like the idea of calling one person out on the board. let's not continue to do so. do we need a referendum on everyone who posts on the board? "i think Sally should lighten up" whatever.....

I've gotten some good knowledge from Bill and i appreciate it.

got some great Jah Shake advice on the board the other day. thats the main reason i post and read others post.

for me it's about expanding my reggae knowledge and my collection. i thank everyone who contributes to that.
Stevo
May 07, 2004 04:26PM
Nuff respect to those who aren't spoon fed info about reggae, who love it enough to spend the time finding it out, as well as being enlightened by the likes of Jah Bill. No disrespect to anyone.
jb welda
May 07, 2004 05:16PM
again, thanks for all the kind words.

the beers on me, you just have to find me. hell i will even buy one for this irie dole guy, but im guessing he wont have the nerve to take me up on it.

one love
jah bill
May 07, 2004 05:18PM
You can find him next to the ones and twos with Jah Warrior Shelter. He'll be the one shouting IRIE DOLE and JAHWYZER a million times.
May 07, 2004 05:54PM
i'll take a ginger beer pleaze* thanx*
May 07, 2004 08:19PM
Big respect to Jah Bill. i've always enjoyed his posts on RMR and more recently this board. Peace.

from,
Ras James

May 07, 2004 08:31PM
JB sey: "..the beers on me"

Do I have to say some kind words to qualify?

Ive been reading Jah Bill posts for probably 6 or 8 years, and we've
been going to the same festivals for years as well, likely brushed
right by each other on numerous occasions...but we've never met.

I have no idea what he looks like, although on one occasion he said
he didnt have a beard. That narrows it down to about 3000. And now with this free beer offer, hes gonna be next to invisible...dats for sure. Someday we will meet...haha
May 08, 2004 12:13AM
I've always pretty much liked jb's sense of humor, and most certainly have respect for his knowledge and taste of music. To me he seems like a huge fan of reggae music that spends a lot of time being involved with the music and it's culture, but doesn't have to talk like he's from Jamaica or claim to be a rastafarian. He seems to have a pretty real take on the seen and the music which I really appreciate. He's kinda like the penny reel of this board. Would be cool to have a beer at the show. I'll be wearing a B&F shirt one of the days.

respect due,
rudy
Fish
May 08, 2004 01:06AM
Jah Bill is the source of all evil in the universe. He is personally and wholly responsible for the extinction of the dinosaurs, the sack of Carthage, the Crusades, World Wars I and II, cancer, the cockroach, all known cases of clinical depression, and my own lack of knowledge about reggae music.

Surely, if he wasn't, there wouldn't be a good reason for people (or the same person?) to bother to start posts on multiple messageboards criticizing his personality and character.
The Gooch
May 08, 2004 07:15AM
Seen!
May 08, 2004 10:31AM
Greetings
Jah Bill you know you only have 41 more days of soaking in all the phat praise your getting:-) Festivallllllllll
See ya' Soon
One Love
Al
May 08, 2004 11:32AM
The boards just wouldn't be the same year after year without Jah Bill.
Big Up
ForwardZion
May 10, 2004 08:14AM
OK, so now that everyone has waxed JB's car...
Pale Ryder
May 10, 2004 08:42AM
What a bunch of brown nosers! You all should be ashamed of yourselves.....and yeah, Jah Bill, good luck with Stevo's girlfriend, he is single.....
May 11, 2004 04:21PM
Greetings everyone! First of all sorry for this whole mess. I was showing my cousins the wesite, they said they wanted to mess around like they do, I never thought it would have escalated to this, especially coming back to my name. I rarely go to this message boards, I was on here the other day checking out Solid's livication to Coxsone Dodd and checking the links. I wasn't even aware all this was going on until someone told me my name was up there. So, on behalf of my family, sorry again for all this.

Jah Bill, I can see you are a great brethren to all kind of people. So, big up your status everytime. My apologies if any feeling were hurt, don't feel no way!

And to everyone else~~~> Big Up yerselves, I'm looking forward to great time this summer. Be on the look out, we've got some new cd's and records coming out for festivle time! Bless up!

As for the beer, make mine a BUD <ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ# ~~
jb welda
May 11, 2004 04:50PM
no worries from my corner irie dole, you may notice i agreed with ya! see you at the show!

one love
jah bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login