Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BRING ANTHONY B.

Posted by ODB 
ODB
BRING ANTHONY B.
February 06, 2004 11:45PM
Whats up with no-one on the board making a call for Anthony B. He was the highlight of a mostly mediocre set of performaces at ROTR last session. With a few exceptions. He is concious and really likes to get the crowd jumping.
Me now you love your cars and your bling bling,
but put God above everyting.
bun n cheese
Re: BRING ANTHONY B.
February 06, 2004 11:49PM
Don't you go and say i'm rude
when i try so hard to be humble.
You're acting unaware as if you dont care
but all the cookie where you crumble.

great lyric.
ODB
February 06, 2004 11:52PM
I kow you were there last year Bun, tell them how Anthony mashed up the stage on Saturday.
bun n cheese
February 07, 2004 12:05AM
him mash it up. and Beres too. the rest, well, lets just say I won't be going back.

I think it may have been when Bunny Rugs who, between "How Can It Be Forbidden" and "Now That We Found Love", says "Bun out the Chi Chi man"

Or maybe it was the 8 hours I sat in the heat in line to get in to be told that there is no more parking anywhere and to hike in or wait for the shuttle which has not been seen in 3 hours. Or maybe it was sleeping with huge river rocks. Or maybe the guy who passed out and died 15 feet from our tent. Or maybe it was all of the angry hostile coked up volunteers. I could go on.
February 07, 2004 12:24AM
now thats a quality request
Re: ROTR
February 07, 2004 03:09AM
i* think it fell apart when dem claim they were "the best". have not returned since 1998 because of some problems told here & some nah mentioned yet. not to mention there prices double since for same acts that played already & more attitude. when its over its over.feel sorry for the ones who never experienced it when the vibes were tight but still wanna check it. over>
February 07, 2004 04:06AM
Anthony B always lights it up forsure. when he lite a spliff on stage last year in L.A. the crowd went nuts. not that, that is original or anything but if more people performing did that it would help babywrong fall faster, ya kno. more "concious" dancehall forsure. let em know! like Peter Tosh did without apology.......*
February 09, 2004 12:48AM
Yes bring de man!! He have the vibes and a consious energy!!!
Keep biggin HIm up and let the people Know!!
We feel good and would love to see Anthony B ram up the place !!
sisterlil
February 09, 2004 04:45AM
Saw Anthony B. at quincy about 4 years ago. What a show!!. Would love to be blessed and hear him again...
Jah bless.
JUAN LOVE
February 09, 2004 07:24PM
i went to that quincy show too.that was a really good show at a really good venue.i wonder why renegade stoped having shows thier? any how, anthony b would be would be nice on stage or in dance hall mashin up riddims. i think snwmf should bring more of these concious dance hall artists such as-junior kelly- the long awaited sizzla-jah masson-the list can go on and on. so far the line up is lookin good. one love-juan love
February 11, 2004 01:38AM
Bring on the Bobo man!!!!!!!!!
positive-ite
February 13, 2004 03:03AM
Yes I seen his blessed performance at reggae on the river and ever since ive just wanted more...its time to forward all the positive vibes to the stage bring in norris man also its been a long time since ive seen him. I love the roots but im tired of seeing people like toots and the wailers get top slots its time to open up to the younger people coming in . Forward some anthony b...junior kelly..sizzla..turbulence..they all will mash up the stage and keep the irievibes flowing. we got 3 days of blessed music enough time to see so many wonderful artists i cant wait... one love smiling smiley
February 13, 2004 04:58AM
Anthony B on the Leader riddim...buy it NOW...along every other track on the riddim. Massive tune
positive-ite
February 13, 2004 03:22PM
He has so much nice music that ive heared this year such as that one song
Jah Love Keep I on the peanut punch riddim . also check this release he had with alesha called someone loves you honey .so much niceness.
sando
February 13, 2004 07:47PM
i would like to see some unity and colaborations-- a real show where artists make an example put their powers together and show something unique and spontaneous now thats art! They should put sizzla, turbulence, anthony b, buju or whoever, give them all a mike, give them a wicked band and let them go! seeen
ODB
February 13, 2004 09:35PM
That would be a show, im down with sando's idea. Especially as much as these artists are collaborating together in the studio these days if there were 3 or 4 who had worked on some songs together they could rotate between there own songs and there mixed stuff. If the artists area truly concious there shouldnt be any negative competion.
February 20, 2004 12:42AM
I am really sorry to hear that you had such a terrible time at ROTR. I have to agree with you on the heat, wasn't it something? I really enjoyed having the cool river to swim in and relax. The volunteers weren't "hostile and coked up", its too bad that you had to deal with these volunteers, but it seems to me that you spent too much time taking in the negative vibes and not really enjoying the people and the beautiful people and natural surroundings.

I am not saying that there were some people that took hard drugs and or that some people weren't cut out to be volunteers, but it just sounds like you really needed to vent.

Thanks for sharing

peace
February 20, 2004 12:46AM
Yes!!! Anthony B and Pato Banton!!!!
bun n cheese
February 20, 2004 01:09AM
dont get me wrong, i had a good time. i almost always have a good time. it is just that the quantity of BS was too substantial to warrent a return trip. now that they jacked up the prices 50% i am even less inclined to venture the distance.

i would do the same if snwmf got any worse. seems the trend to pluck more liberties each year. the move from the beautiful marysville(i know there were problems but i preferred it over frogtown any day), shutting down the dancehall during the day(where the good showers are), putting the clamp on the camping sound systems etc.

i am glad i went to rotr once.
it would have to be a completely explosive lineup to get me back. one that would make the CA roots contingent scatter.

shock you out!
February 20, 2004 01:25AM
Yes bring Anthony B.!

And Marysville was a great spot for SNWMF. Those experiences changed my life. Give thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login