Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Spot for Reggae in Sactramento

Posted by Zana 
Zana
New Spot for Reggae in Sactramento
May 13, 2004 04:38PM
[www.theoceanlounge.com]
Starting June 4th they will have live reggae. I've never been here but I like to keep up on where to see local reggae. As of now, there calendar says it has raggae Monday and Friday. I assume that it is misspelled and they mean reggae. Unless this a new style of music that I haven't heard of.
So, for the summer it looks like there is Cheers, Ocean Lounge, Tues. at Elements (DJ?), Reggae Poolside, Sun. at Bluelamp (DJ) ....? for regular reggae.
Not to forget our local radio DJ's either. Thanks!
Zana
Re: New Spot for Reggae in Sactramento
May 13, 2004 04:39PM
spelling check...
sisterlil
May 13, 2004 05:21PM
Has anyone seen the schedule for the pool side Reggae yet???
May 13, 2004 07:29PM
You know...I don't know what is going on with Poolside this year or if it is going to happen at all. I know at the end of last year Bigga was ready to turn it over to someone else. I'll check with D and see what the story is. It's funny because just this morning I was thinking about poolside.
jb welda
May 13, 2004 07:51PM
that elements place is closed. seemingly for good. another suckto fiasco, that one. some people got shot outside there, not on the reggae night i dont think.

one love
jah bill
May 13, 2004 08:49PM
Yeah, a guy was shot and killed. Really sad!!! It was never a good reggae scene anyway. Derek backed up Sister I-Live there once and played with another ensamble of musicians and nobody was really into it with the exception of reggae folks. Seems anymore at these new clubs a lot of people come out to hear the DJ that plays while the band takes a break.
May 13, 2004 08:57PM
jahbill - do you go to cheers on thursdays??
May 13, 2004 09:03PM
cheers, I can see it now.

BILL!!! How's life treating you Bill?

Like a baby treats a diaper, Cliffy.
May 13, 2004 09:11PM
Greetings,
Poolside is going to happen but Bigga is not promoting this this year so Doubletree is. Book with them.
Cheers way cool,
Elements Blew anyways.. I heard -Tainted Love and Thriller- being played by DJ's ouch!!!
Check out Main Street Arena in Roseville Ca.This Fri. Jah Foundation and Heart, Life and Soul music starts about 9:00pm
Peace
Al

May 13, 2004 10:43PM
Right on Allan...I knew you'd have the answer. Might not be such a good thing with the Doubletree running it. Is it going to be poolside over there? Last year was a friggen blast. We had a lot of good shows. We'll see...maybe this season will have good things to offer.
jb welda
May 13, 2004 10:58PM
sorry bun, i dont make a habit of sitting around in bars. in fact its the worst thing about music in suckto...

one love
jah bill
JUAN LOVE
May 13, 2004 11:21PM
last time i went to a show in sac(jan-2-04)it was eek a mouse @ harlows. it was aprety good but tipical show from the mouse. if i remember corectly show ened at 1:15 or so. on my way out i notist that my truck was no longer where i had parked it and i havent seen it since. one love-juan love
May 13, 2004 11:29PM
guess that means you don't go to cheers jahbill? and to juan love - have you tried www.toytruckmarketing.com?
JUAN LOVE
May 13, 2004 11:34PM
i thought i recognized that truck. one love-juan love
jb welda
May 13, 2004 11:57PM
dont even know where "cheers" is, dw...

to juan: welcome to suckto. dude, wheres my city?

one love
jah bill
May 14, 2004 12:02AM
jahbill - see waaaaay back 4-28-04 "new reggae spot in sacto". sister jen posted. cheers - just off scenic broadway at ever-lovin franklin blvd (2565 franklin). gonna check it out tonite.
May 14, 2004 12:12AM
Greetings
a correction This Fri. night show with Jah Foundation and Heart, Life, and Soul, (HLS kicked real good at the Renegade fest in Shasta last year and the SNWMF staff party) is at The Sports Page in Roseville at 100 Main St.
Peace
Al

May 15, 2004 08:20PM
why is it that you can go to the yay area only 80miles away and see some of the best local and worldwide reggae bands, and yet here in suctomento you can't see anything worth going to? why don't people in sucto like to hear the music of peace and conciousness? someone please explain to me what is wrong with the people here?

May 15, 2004 08:24PM
also, is brenda from wilits going to SNWMF this year? holla if you are! darnell wants to know

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login