Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Midnite and Army

Posted by brandon 
Midnite and Army
February 09, 2004 01:22AM
Two major bands comin out of st. criox VI that deserve some respect. Midnite on the main stage this year.
jb welda
Re: Midnite and Army
February 09, 2004 08:44AM
midnite was offered the big stage last year but declined and preferred to play the more intimate small stage. thats the way they are, and why they continue to play places like 19 broadway and ashkenez instead of the warfield or fillmore. they prefer to stay more connected to their audience which seems a pretty unique concept these days.

one love
jah bill
flip
February 09, 2004 02:33PM
i don't mind if people i am stoked to see are on the small stage or not. often the show is better on the small stage. as long as reggae is not on competing stages.....
February 09, 2004 03:29PM
would like to see "Batch" added to this list. that would be nice!
February 10, 2004 05:40PM
Village Stage is Irie! Perfect to hang out all day Sunday
bun n cheese
February 11, 2004 09:22AM
it gets too crowded, cant never find a place to chill on sunday.
napabink
February 11, 2004 01:26PM
bnc-
Let's just hope the people with their blanket space maxed out, can get the hint when the big acts come on in the village. We'll give em their space back after the session. In between sets there, I was hackin' last year. No room. It's quite amusing when someone unexpecting takes a hacky sack to the dome. Before anyone mashes on me for hitting someone in the head, have you ever been hit by a HACKY SACK before?
bun n cheese
February 11, 2004 01:34PM
yes, straight to the head. then off the knee, around the side and tip off my toe, right back to your corner.
jb welda
February 11, 2004 02:35PM
right into my hand and then thrown way over that fence over there.

one love
jah bill
bun n cheese
February 11, 2004 02:51PM
(runs crying and screaming)

jb welda, no offense but need to break out that soldering torch more often.
bun n cheese
February 11, 2004 02:56PM
should read "not offense but you need"
bun n cheese
February 11, 2004 03:02PM
rather "jb welda, no offense but you need to break out that soldering torch more often."
jb welda
February 11, 2004 03:07PM
try to concentrate bunny...im a little tired right now, stayed up too late last night, uh, welding, yeah thats the ticket.

dont hate the jah, hate the bill
as someone once said!

one love
jah bill
bun n cheese
February 11, 2004 03:13PM
haha! yeah, it really looses it punch when you muck it up 3 times...

im tired too. i was not welding though, my lady is out of townsad smiley
February 11, 2004 03:53PM
small stage is too small for reggae. reggae on main stage. no dueling reggae shows.
caliroots
February 15, 2004 06:13PM
I think one stage is better i hate having to miss artists i paid to see. just because i had to pick between 2. I wanna see everyone smiling smiley
February 17, 2004 09:52PM
from what i've observed... small stage = 2.5 hour set Midnite rocks the villiage stage!!!! Irie
February 18, 2004 09:51AM
midnite sure did rock the small stage but i am sure they could have rocked the big stage also. more room for us to watch show at big stage (if you don't get to small stage early you have slim chance of actually seeing show although just hearing the music if still good). so if midnite or anyone prefers small stage ok but puleeze do not put reggae headliner on big stage at same time. that is the problem with big stage/small stage setup. no more dueling reggae shows.
jb welda
February 18, 2004 10:27PM
yes dirtweed youre right, it was a real drag to have to choose between warrior king/midnite on the small stage vs prince buster etc over on the big stage. but im afraid we may be faced with that again...theres just no way to fit all the reggae into the available hours and just use one stage. but last year (and i think this one too) there was a real effort made to keep the reggae from competing with itself, though obviously sunday was a bit of a problem in that way.

one love
jah bill
bun n cheese
February 19, 2004 09:05AM
i hotfooted it back and forth. Prince Buster was great, truely great. Glad I made the effort to see him again. It was my first time to see Pato and he put on a strong performance at first.
crutial
February 22, 2004 03:02PM
Bring out the whole St. Croix explosion! Army, Midnite, Desarie. Stricktly roots!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login