Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Camping how close to venues

Posted by tobagolight 
Camping how close to venues
May 15, 2004 02:43PM
I have been wanting to come to this festival for many years and finally am able to. I need to know how early the line begins for the camping Thursday night or Friday morning and how far is it to the festival, as you cannot go in and out of campgrounds. I read that the campground is safe and that you can leave your site, set up and go to festival, is this your experience? Thank you for any information you old timers can share with me about absolutely necessary items to bring and any other secrets I need to know. Thank you

Re: Camping how close to venues
May 15, 2004 04:43PM
There is no camping on Thursday night, nor may people que in line that night for early admittance the next morning. The gates open at 9:00 on Friday morning.

There is no great advantage to being the first one in the gate, as the attendants will direct you to a certain area depending upon what time you arrive. The camping area that people will point you to at 9:00 a.m. is really no better than the area you will be directed to at noon or 2:00 p.m., just different. To me, the best camping spot is the one that is surrounded by irie people, which seems to be just about everywhere....

You can go in and out of the campgrounds at any time, just not with your vehicle. The camping is scattered around the venue, and no spot is more than a 5 minute walk to another area of the fairgrounds.

The campground is generally very safe, though you are advised to take precautions with your 'valuables'. If you need a place to camp on Thursday night that is near to the venue, check out the New Melones campground:
[www.anglernet.com]
May 15, 2004 06:37PM
Thank you Daniel, So basically the fairgrounds and the festival and camping are all together same basic area. That is so great. I was lucky enough to see Bob at sunsplash in Montego Bay in the old days and many others but have not been to a large festival in California so I am really looking forward to it. I suppose that there will be many offerings of food for purchase around the camp?? As it says no
fires, just above ground stoves, which I will need to purchase and I would rather spend the money on camping and tix.

Thank you again, I will be bringing my son Seaheart with me, we are from Felton, CA and I will be driving an old grey Saab with positive across the back and lic
tag if I get it in time that says SHO MOR Heart but the heart is a symbal. So maybe we might run into each other. If you have any other info we might need plz send it along.

Irie Mom
jb welda
May 16, 2004 07:06AM
yes there is plenty of food available in the festival site, but not out in the campground, unless someone is sharing (probably not a problem). i will look for your saab, i love those cars.

one love
jah bill
May 17, 2004 05:12PM
camping is very close to the venue ,,it starts right out the gate
,, bring lots of ice and water as it gets hella hot .
there is lots of ital food to buy there,, water is pricey.. so bring your own..
bring towel and soap as the showers are nice and clean,,.
don't forget your drum ,,, for drum circle...c-ya there,,,,
ONE LOVE ,, PEACE
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login