Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No Gas Wed19May

Posted by Skip 
Skip
No Gas Wed19May
May 18, 2004 09:48AM
If all goes as is now, we will filling up our cars, trucks, vans, rv's, at $3 a gallon by next month when time comes to drive up to the Sierra fest. Don't buy gas tomorrow Wedsnesday, May 19. Some of us can't afford these outrages gas prices, it'll put a dent to our wallets. I really want to feel the positive vibrations when springs turns into summer with the music of IVibes, Horace Andy, Linval, Clinton Spearon, Midnite & Dezarie, and the many more bands. Does anyone here i?
solid rock
Re: No Gas Wed19May
May 18, 2004 09:58AM

useless exercise... almost as bad as chain email

you and everyone else will still be

> filling up our cars, trucks, vans, rv's
May 18, 2004 10:04AM
true solidrock - unless we all give up driving (slim chance of that) we are at the mercy of the oil companies and the politicians. the greater fear i have is that with bush in the whitehouse (thanks to you ralph nader) we will start seeing oil drilling (and spilling) in ecologically fragile areas.the only consolation we have is that our gas prices are still lower than europe and much of the world.
iriegyal
May 18, 2004 11:04AM
The days of $1.50 gas are long gone. We will never see cheap gas again. Here's a better idea, write your local politicians to let them know how frustrated you are with the current oil/gas situation. Most important, Register to vote. Let your voice be heard! California is obviously being targeted due to our opposition of Bush and Company! Get out and vote, it does make a difference!!
May 18, 2004 11:05AM
Don't blame Ralph for Bush's having been annointed prezident.

If you want to blame someone, you can start with all those people who are now complaining about our president but DIDN'T VOTE in the 2000 election. If I had to guess, I would estimate that 50% of the people who read or post to this forum didn't vote, and I would guess that, if they had, the overwhelming majority would have voted for Gore.

And you can also blame Al Gore. He was SO obsessed with not offending potential voters, that he took no stand on gun control, took no stand on regulating tobacco companies, and took no stand on the environment. His doing this did manage to not offend voters in those gun-toting, tobacco growing regions (none of which he carried anyway). But it also made Al Gore come off as someone that doesn't stand for anything, so he failed to energize and mobilize the progressives who are still the majority in this country.

John Kerry, are you listening.......?
May 18, 2004 11:12AM
The reason that gasoline is so much more expensive in Europe is simple. It is because they put a higher tax on gasoline. Those funds are then used to pay for such novel things as national health care, a retirement system, public transporation and other social services.
May 18, 2004 11:32AM
If the price of gasoline really reflected its total life cycle from drilling to polluting the atmosphere, its cost would be more like $5 a gallon. Other countries are just honest about it while we bitch and gripe about how high the price. I hope it does go to $5, then maybe we'll really try to have an independent energy policy. Cut through all the bullshit people. If you're not willing to be one of the people that takes the next step to energy independence, like getting a hybrid or going biodiesel, then shut up and pay up! You're no better than anyone else, including me. We're way past talk and picking days to protest. None of us in the long run can afford the cost to the environment that we leave our children when we consume our Mother Earth. Time to start stealing from Father Sun!

fourtwentyplenty
solid rock
Re: No
May 18, 2004 11:39AM

> getting a hybrid or going biodiesel

or riding the bus... public trans cuts problem numbers down pretty fast

Daniel you're right about Gore. plus he appeared to be talking down to people.

if Kerry can get to debate time in good shape he'll have the chance slap Bushy bwoy around pretty good... whether or not he goes over-polite and supervanilla is definitely the big question...
Gonzs
May 18, 2004 12:06PM
Underground subway in Califonia, c'mon? do we think it is possible. Let's go along with our quiet politicians and everyone else and hog up gas stations hungrier than every for gas, even if it's at 3,4,5 $ a gallon. Californians always get juiced for everything. 40 bucks on 89. chching.
May 18, 2004 12:11PM
I don't drive.
jb welda
May 18, 2004 12:32PM
how are you getting to the festival chimino? if you say "riding with someone" then you are still part of the perceived problem. to me the problem seems more to be too many people than too many cars; add to that outright gouging by the oil companies, but i dont think boycotting will help. everyone will just fill up the day before or the day after.

and yes i believe nader had a big part in getting bush appointed.

one love
jah bill
pat
May 18, 2004 12:46PM
I think Nader's ideals are the best that any other prez elect has ever had in the history of this country. that is whay I voted for him. I dont regret it one bit.
"bush and gore make me wanna ralph" is pretty funny, and pretty true.

if people continue to vot for the lesser of 2 evils, this country will never have a non-corrupt prez. that right there is moving backwards, away from progress.
this is just my opinion.... but there are certain things, that regardless of any other issues(including the fact that are country is ruled by a 2 party shitstem) that make me vote for nader... mainly,his views on the environment, free trade, decriminilization, war.... nader actually has a conscious... thats why he got my vote...

interesting how nader got brought up in anegative light in this post... if he read this post, it seems he would talk about alternative fuels...
woody harrelson rode a van from seattle to san diego, on hemp oil...
go to costa rica, there they have cars that run on coconut oil...
hey, a couple years ago at the fest I was some really cool alt. fuel info...

respect to one and all
jb welda
May 18, 2004 12:53PM
at some point one must face reality.

the reality this year is: if you dont vote for a viable candidate other than bush, bush will get reelected.

i dont think any of us want to contemplate what that means. otoh, whether he gets reelected or not may be a moot point, it didnt seem to stop him last time.

one love
jah bill
GG
May 18, 2004 01:14PM
The problem with Bush is that it is only a small minority of Californians who have their eyes open to what the man is really about. The rest of the country thinks he's a hero....and that is what is really frightening.
May 18, 2004 01:16PM
Did I say anything self-righteous? No, just stated I don't drive.

GG, that's simply not true. Bush would lose the 2004 election by a landslide if there was a decent candidate to attack his many weaknesses.
pat
May 18, 2004 01:25PM
jah bill, I agree with you entirely... we need to face reality....

reality needs to change.. we cannot change it by all voting 4 gore/kerry types.... if we all did that, there would be even a lesser chance in hell that somone like nader would even have the opportunity to run.... if we keep this up, our children will be votin for kerry/gore juniors the rest of thier life...

hehe, this debate has no end... it is healthy still... maybe I'm bi-polar, but I completely hear everything your saying....yet have the urge to oppose, or.... present the other side of things....
either way...
BUSH SUCKS.... I think we can all agree on that smiling smiley
May 18, 2004 01:48PM
I live in So Cal, everyone down here drives a monster truck or oversized SUV that have never even thought of leaving a paved road. Vanity and gluttony is all it is, and we are all guilty of it in some form or another. Everyone crying bout let's all drive hybrids and such, well it is a good idea, but nothing is really gonna change until our backs against the wall. $5 a gallon, good!!! Many people will start to ditch their gas guzzlers for more eco-friendly transport, but it will be because it hurts their wallet not mother earth.
May 18, 2004 01:56PM
IT is comeing, ready or not its on the sun, well all be on the run.
It is comeing everything we've done, forgetting to learn from our mistakes and
communicate with our children, teach them the rights and more importantly teach them the truth, to try and save this world before it comes.
It is comeing, soon we'll all be on the run.

Happy Trails
Pale Ryder
May 18, 2004 02:04PM
What are we going to be running from? A massive tidal wave? Fire and Brimstone? Nuclear war? We can all choose to run, but we cant hide from anything that the almight might bring down, lets all just try and do good and maybe that will follow us instead of that dark cloud just past the horizon...
May 18, 2004 02:09PM
Absolutly positivly!
could'nt of said it better myself. Im ready and willing to go down with our ship,
if that time comes with in my years, ill bow my head and no all is not dead!
Love life , Live life
Live right, Spread light

Happy Trails
Pale Ryder
May 18, 2004 02:11PM
Im liking this youth more and more each day...
May 18, 2004 02:54PM
this time dennis kucinich seems to be the candidate of choice - i supported him during the primary and still have a yard sign up. but i will not vote for him for president (if he should run on a third party) because he has no chance of winning, just as nader had no chance of winning and has no chance of winning this year (yess he is running again even though he is being asked not to by many). the good old days of the 60s are over - we can't waste our vote on a "non-viable" candidate just to make a point. bush "won" the election because nader took enough votes from him in florida to swing that state to bush. sure algore was a pathetic candidate and wishywashy and etc but at least he is not a republican dedicated to ruining the economy and environment. i can't believe naderites still persist in claiming that nader did not give the election to bush.
-forwardzion - when gas reaches $5 a gallon only the rich will be able to afford to drive. gas prices really only hurt the middleclass and poor.
May 18, 2004 03:53PM
No Gas May 19th great idea,,
Please remember when gas hits $3.00 a gal, the cry from the lambs will be to release the North Slope and off shore ( and don't think its just going to be Cal. they want to drill on)they have contracts already!
Please Fight for our Lands!!
Don't become one of our goverments Lamb's,,
One Planet, One Life, One Love.
Peace
Al

May 18, 2004 04:04PM
Well, if you all live in California, voting your favored thrid-party candidate is not a wasted vote, because Bush will never win this state. Because we live by an electoral college, those who live in battleground states such as Arizona Nevada Oregon etc may feel an obligation to vote Kerry for Bush's sake, but in Cali it's not really neccessary. Nader did nothing to sway the election towards Bush in the Golden State.
May 18, 2004 04:20PM
chimino - and who is to say that voting that way this year WON'T sway the election. vote with your brain, not your heart.
May 18, 2004 05:12PM
I voted for Feinstein once, because I hated her opponent even more. I still feel dirty over that one.
I won't tell anyone else how to vote, but know who I WON'T vote for...
Skip
May 18, 2004 05:48PM
IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT
PURCHASE A DROP
OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD
CHOKE ON
THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER
4.6 BILLION
DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT TO THEM DAY" AND
THE PEOPLE
OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY
PEOPLE AS YOU
CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THIS ADMINISTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT
GOING TO HAPPEN.
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS
PROMISED
TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE
SAME TIME
AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO
RAISE
THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE
FOOD,
CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE
DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE
WILL
DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU
KNOW.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED
STATES
SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" REMEMBER DO NOT BUY GAS!!!! MAY 19, 2004
May 18, 2004 06:21PM
Think solar, think of all alternate fuel possibilities, fossil fuels are the only energy sourse that Babylon can monopolize!!!!!!!! Watch out all you educated fools, Babylon days are numbered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are a falling empire, this is the generation to take it HIGHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pat
May 19, 2004 08:45AM
yes, our system sucks...
more people in the us vote for gore, and bush wins....
I still voted for nader................................................

-Nader is urging a new clean energy policy that no longer subsidizes entrenched oil, nuclear, electric and coal mining interests -- an energy policy that is efficient, sustainable and environmentally friendly. "We need to invest in a diversified energy policy including renewable energy like wind and other forms of solar power, more efficient automobiles, homes and businesses — one that breaks our addiction to oil, coal and atomic power. A new clean energy paradigm means more jobs, more consumer efficiency, greater security, environmental protection and increased health."

taken from [www.votenader.org]
sillysquirt
May 21, 2004 06:21PM
Yes yes yes. Everyone is making me happy and mad all at once! (mad because it reminds me how selfish and irresponsible people in this country can be). No one I ever talk to in person seems to understand that it is NOT ABOUT GAS. We need to look into other energy sources and hybrid cars! Japan is way ahead of us in research too. There is corn, coconut, hempoil and many other possibilities. It makes me so mad when some half way famous person on a political show goes off with his loud mouth saying that if he wants to own three suv's and just drive them around in the middle of the city that god-damn he can do it because he is in America and he can do what EVER HE WANTS. He actually said that. It was on Colin Quinns show that is like politically incorrect. But he was dead serious. Eeeeeeeeeeerrrggg, those people make me feel so un-irie. Anyways- just blowing some steam through my ears after 6 years of being pissed off about it. (Hey, I am young, I would have been more earth concious for longer but I was a dumb jr higher) smiling smiley
GG
June 29, 2004 03:31PM
Was checking out this web site today and it reminded me of when Chimino stated: GG, that's simply not true. Bush would lose the 2004 election by a landslide if there was a decent candidate to attack his many weaknesses.

After seeing this: [www.fundrace.org]

I just want to say, do you really think so???
June 30, 2004 05:54AM
>> and who is to say that voting that way this year WON'T sway the election. vote with your brain, not your heart.

Sad state of affairs that - but it's what I did last time (he DID NOT win damn it)and will probably do again. When things aren't so down to the wire, I vote for the little guys - I can't believe that with our great system of government that we have been stuck with Choice A and B for so long! But when it's close... (and it is believe me - watch the price of gas mysteriously drop just before the election!).

The truly sad thing is that at our rate of consumption - in 20-30 years most of the crude oil resources will be seriously depleted. That's why the oil kooks have so many playing politician right now - they need to keep it a necessity to sell off what they can, as opposed to researching altenative means.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login