Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

impasta rastas

Posted by ras magick 777 
impasta rastas
May 18, 2004 04:52PM
we want 2 stop them impastas u know.me see one of u at the fest and i i i will personally pumclot u.sorry 4 being in this maner but itz time 2 stop da commercialization of the most high . all bessings from jahallara ometeoh *peace n love
magick mom
Re: impasta
May 18, 2004 05:07PM

what are you doing at the library?

[www.prge.lib.md.us]

i'm proud of you. try a book on spelling!
Zana
Re: impasta rastas
May 18, 2004 05:11PM
I don't understand what you are talking about. Give an example please.

I hate to see the image of Bob on people's behinds, personally.
flip
May 18, 2004 05:12PM
rastas in maryland?....to avoid "impasta rastas" flee the area!!!!
May 18, 2004 05:16PM
magick mom(sic) says "try a book on spelling!"

Anyway, California is the mecca of fashion dreads, but in the end, what can you do about it other than live your own life righteously.
magick mom
Re: rastas
May 18, 2004 05:20PM

actually there is some reggae history there.. Silver Springs area and more, close to DC area. Bebo's (Bebo Phillips) and if i'm not mistaken some Dynamite connection around there (Clive Jarrett)... and Alvin "Keith" Porter if the Itals used to stay in DC a few years back.

Scientist was there too, i think also in Silver Springs. and isn't that where Lion and Fox studio is?

whatever the case that first message in this thread was weak...
magick mom
chimpoko mon
May 18, 2004 05:23PM

easy there, chimpoko mon. i was spelling it the same way sparky up there was.

it was an attempt at irony, or maybe humor, but i guess flopped both ways.
May 18, 2004 07:14PM
RAS nah deal with magic. SouN like a bad seed of anger & frustration. pure natural power planted by riverz of water here i*ya! more fyah*
May 18, 2004 08:01PM
sorry mom dis waz nah aimed towardz the i* only original poster. -RASpects+
May 18, 2004 08:33PM
Yo Magick777 JAH knows it's a sad thing that InI Rastafari livity gets exploited, but if you're gonna forward to the event and expect to not see it, you might as well not forward. The key is to know JAH within yourself - so that when the wolves in sheeps clothing trod by the I isn't phased by it. Yes it's disappointing to see Beyonce with her red, gold and green wrist bands in her reggae gear, as well as the thousands of others who put on their reggae gear for these events, and the trend that has been lit up in this time, but truly.. what can u do? Take heed to the words of His Majesty and find zion within. . . the fear and anger is gone.

BLESSED heart of LOVE
RasTafarI
GG
May 18, 2004 09:49PM
Well it has been said by a certain group that you 'no haffi dread to be rasta'....and the other side holds true as well....you can have dreads and not be a rasta. I'm no rasta and I have dreads but I try to live as 'righteously' as I can....try to treat people how I like to be treated. Is that such a bad thing? I will be the first to claim I'm no rasta but my dreads do represent some things to me. I also believe in God, Jah or whatever people want to call their higher power. I just don't believe in some of the things that rastafarians follow. Point is, don't be so quick to judge....you may miss out on meeting some good people that way.
RastaMon
May 18, 2004 10:11PM
In the Bible , it says there is only one judge . Seek Knowledge Before Vengeance !! Ya Mon , Cool Runnings my friend !!
pat
May 19, 2004 08:15AM
eh flip... where you from??? just curious.
pat
May 19, 2004 08:24AM
you are right magick mom. plenty of culture here in the dc/md/va area.
yup... itals, don carlos and gold, LION and FOX, jr marvin, dermott hussey, RAS records, many Rastafari Elders inlcuding everliving Ras Pidow and all members of Nyabinghi House... there is a lot of activity around reggae, Ethiopia and Rastafari in this area...

check out this upcoming show here....
Sunday, May 23, 2004

His Majesty’s Golden Jubilee featuring Sister Carol, S.O.J.A., Bambu Station and many more acts!
at Nation

1015 Half Street SE Washington,DC
Ph: 202.554.150
Near the Navy Yard Metro station

On Sunday May 23rd, 2004, the Washington/Baltimore Golden Jubilee Project Committee will host a spectacular musical tribute at Nation in celebration of the 50th Anniversary of His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie’s visit to the United States in May 1954. This event is in collaboration with the Golden Jubilee educational forum, exhibit, and an African Liberation Day event being held between May 22nd – May 29th, 2004 at Howard University in Washington, DC. International and local performing artists are lining up to become a part of this special evening of Roots Rock Reggae, and traditional Ethiopian sounds
magick mom
Re: rastas
May 19, 2004 08:26AM

how is Gold doing?

thanks
Pale Ryder
May 19, 2004 08:27AM
GG, Rastamon, you guys give me faith in people, thanks.....To the Magic one, wha happen?? Ever take a look in the mirror and pumclot yourself by accident? I hope you have a change of heart before you reach the fest because violence is not something we need there, and it wont be tolerated.....
May 19, 2004 08:36AM
What's the matter - the Lions can't play with the Wolves? Dreads are not only belonging to Rastas, the Gaelic tribes of my ancestors didn't believe in combs either (I don't have dreads - just pointing it out). Many people also adhere to the same teachings, and in my opinion to some it is merely a way to stare Babywrong in the face with defiance. However you do your thing... I recognize most dreadlocks to be people I can relate too, Rastafarian or no

ras magick 777 - spend your energy making a positive difference, not a negative one!
pat
May 19, 2004 08:45AM
last l heard.. gold was in a "vegetable state" sad smiley
May 19, 2004 08:51AM

Post Edited (05-19-04 09:52)
magick mom
Reaching out to Goldilocks
May 19, 2004 08:51AM

mmmm... rough

last i heard was "not good"
Re: who's an impasta
May 19, 2004 09:45AM
I have a few things to say,
1) how do you know who is an impasta rasta by just looking???
2) if a white man has dreeds that doesn't meen hes a rasta.
does it meen hes an impasta? or is he just enlightend to the ways of your beliefs?
Ive seen no IMPASTA's their every, and everyone is thier own person so you should'nt pumclot on someone who looks like a fake because they are they,
I am I and only me Knows me.
-PKW

Happy Trails
Pale Ryder
May 19, 2004 09:50AM
what's wrong with GOld, why so many reggae musians die young??
May 19, 2004 10:29AM
well in the case of marley, Selvin(a jamaican Rasta)sayz: "u c',Bob waz carrying a lot of weight. Maybe too much weight. You know,he say.'Evey man think his burden the heaviest.'And so it become, even unto Bob." so also wolf im not sure how race became a issue here besidez the fact i* kno how it tryz to rize from the muck. so i* share some inspiration from i* readingz. Bob Marley speaks: "My songs have a message of righteousness," az he explained:"whether you're black...listion, man, you know i* am not prejudice about myself. Because my father'z white, my mother black. You know what them call me, half-caste or whatever." HE also said that the God who made him made "technicolor people," & he said, "i* am nothing. All i* have iz God." Bob Marley iz a real prophet straight from the most high JaH* Rasta Far i*. Genuine Rasta mon & more than just a celebrity/musican. Talkin' Blues->" Cold ground waz my bed last night & rock waz my pillow, too. i* have been down on the rock so long. i* seem to wear a permanent screw." -RASpects+
pat
May 19, 2004 10:44AM
gold got shot maybe 4 or 5 years ago (???)... right on the street corner in dc.
he wasnt really that young... but, its a shame...
flip
May 19, 2004 11:33AM
i grew up in maryland.....gaithersburg area. probably didn't take nuff advantage of the city but i'm just not into the city thing... maryland was mostly farmland when i was young. by the time i was out of high school it was suburbs.
May 20, 2004 01:07PM
sounds like a "rasta extremist" if there is such a thing. or just some kid trying to stir up controversy. "i i i will personally pumclot u."--"*peace n love"--uuuuuh?

"what are you doing at the library?

[www.prge.lib.md.us]

i'm proud of you. try a book on spelling!"

turn off your buddy list buddy, your mama iis watching you! Peace out gotta go back to work...
shaunsta
May 21, 2004 08:19AM
no impasta here! you might think so though i wear a jamaican flag on my head and the colors of Ras! and bladheaded but Rastafarian Jamaicans saved me from the pits of hell. Jah bless em i love Rastafari! and he will always keep care of me like he always has. Jah! Rastafari!!! much luv to you all ill see you at frogtown ,one luv,and Jah bless
May 21, 2004 09:37AM
Im a young male living in Concord CA, Surrounded by balas and wannabe gangsta thugs. This festival has shaped me into a better person than i could even imagine.
Thanks to my true friends guiding me on my path to light I am ready to be the guider and show my other friends the way.
Peace & Love
is what life is really about. Maybe not if your a lion in the jungle but as a human in the industrial civilisation of a mechanical exsistence. Love and understanding is the key to a positive happy life.
Believe these words
Truth is truth
-PKW

Happy Trails
May 21, 2004 10:33AM
Magick 777,
I think you be the original imposta rasta,,, tru rasta hold true, one love, one people, one world,,,,RESPECT.. PEACE
June 22, 2004 02:06PM
what is, is what is.........
June 22, 2004 07:26PM
peace and love but u r threatening to beat up people. i tink we all know now who dem real impastas r seen. chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Edited (06-22-04 21:40)
June 22, 2004 09:59PM
enough people.

there is roots and culture anywhere and in eveyyONE Sellasie I wants to install it in. thanks and praise to the highest father to all creation Jah Rasta Far I.
June 23, 2004 06:56PM
seen i
June 24, 2004 02:03PM
Greetings,
We are all at different places in our journey through life. It is not our place to judge, but only that of the most high.
Our job is to love and be tolerant and raspectful of all.
Otherwise we are just as guilty of doing what we chant down Babylon for doing.
Just my opinion.
One Love, Peace
PM dude
June 25, 2004 02:37AM
I personally know Jamaicans with no dreadlocks that are more rasta by the lifestyle they live than some of the dreads we all know and love. Rasta is a way of life, like Buddism, etc. Religion is the personal experience within one's self. Live yours, respect others. THat's all I have to say. Dread is not neccsarily Rasta, btw....SOOOO.....Hasta la rasta, and don't forget the pasta
(I'm personally a Pastafarian....I worship the Itallian food my wife cooks over ALL other gods, deities, and divinities, 'cause it's SO divine....I'll invite ya'll over sometime. You'll see, you'll convert!)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login