Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Chairs? Blankets?

Posted by Jumpercat 
Jumpercat
Chairs? Blankets?
May 18, 2004 08:45PM
We will be camping far away probaly. Are chairs or blankets a big no no to bring in to festival. We will probally dance most of the time and do not want to watch them but of course would not have a problem if people shared them. Are they allowed?
Zana
Re: Chairs? Blankets?
May 18, 2004 08:49PM
Yes, I do believe they are allowed. You will want to bring your shade for sure. The only no no's are glass bottles. There might be others but I don't know.
Jumpercat
May 18, 2004 09:11PM
Thanks so much! Peace and Love from Sanat Cruz CA.
irie-sis
May 19, 2004 07:13AM
its a good idea to bring everything to make you comfortable looks like saturdays going to be one of those days where you wont have time to go back to camp smiling smiley we always bring in chairs and shade,blankets,water snacks,and sweaters for the night.
May 19, 2004 08:18AM
If you're skanking a lot in the sun - a squirt bottle or two can be a blesing! They usually have misters running back from the main stage - between the trees, but up front there is no mercy from the great golden disc in the sky!

PS - what happened to the the mister-shade-tarp-thingy that used to be at Marysville every year - that thing saved my life a few times...

cheers!
wite_guy
May 19, 2004 12:02PM
They have a few shade tarps scattered about the main concert bowl....I remember huddling underneath to escape the blazing sun. Bring enough sunscreen to cover your whole body.
May 19, 2004 01:16PM
The first year I went I thought that beer was allowed as long as it was in cans. I was under the wrong impression. No beer in cans or bottles.
Zana
May 19, 2004 01:25PM
Can you put beer into a plastic bottle though? Non-seethrough? Like a Nalgene bottle? [www.nalgene-outdoor.com]
I brought in a flask with me last year but a beer in the day time would be nice.
Pale Ryder
May 19, 2004 01:32PM
We put aluminum cans in our backpacks, with big gulp cups too, that way you are undetected
May 19, 2004 01:35PM
this is a good idea - to alert the people at the gate as to where you hide your beer.
Pale Ryder
May 19, 2004 01:49PM
Oh well, I can live without a few beers....
May 19, 2004 01:51PM
Who needs beer when you've got the other B?
Pale Ryder
May 19, 2004 01:54PM
Right!
May 19, 2004 02:07PM
Plenty beer in the campground, if your not camping and really need a beer in the fest, you can support the vendors and buy one inside. But we all know there is nuff ways of getting a few beers in yourself.
May 19, 2004 02:26PM
true that - i fill up my wooden leg with brewski.
sisterlil
May 19, 2004 02:30PM
We usally bring in a water jug filled with special blend of vodka etc.. the best... And then i have filled water bottles with beer and just shoved them deep in the back pack.. with blankets and stuff. but then the beer gets warm fast..
I can't wait..
JUAN LOVE
May 19, 2004 02:34PM
you guts are blowin it(lol)-now i have to come up with some hi-tec 007 methods to bring in a cold one(ha ha) maybe i'll use an "impasta rasta" to do my dirty work.
one love-juan love
May 19, 2004 02:36PM
Isn't that a dish they serve at the Rainforest Cafe!!! They call it Rasta Pasta but it has factory farmed chicken in it......talk about a rasta impasta!!!!
Pale Ryder
May 19, 2004 02:37PM
LMAO forward, but were they headless chickens???
May 19, 2004 02:39PM
No those ones just went insane in their little cages, and pecked each others eyeballs out .
JUAN LOVE
May 19, 2004 04:36PM
if i remember correctly- there was a food vendor at rotr last year called -rasta pasta- pretty good and no headless,farm grown, five legged chicken in that mix.
one love-juan love
May 20, 2004 11:47AM
Greetings
Your more than right FZ Drink yours in the campground and support the vendors inside, even if it means only buying one item it helps out the Fest. for next year and years to come.. I bring LOB and its drunk in the raging Beer Camp and we do buy beverages inside.
Can we order those cloned 5-leged yard birds from
gentech, Calgene or Monsanto???
Peace
One Love
Al

May 20, 2004 12:53PM
At the 02 fest one of my buddies brought a flat of coconuts. We choppoed off the tops, drank some of the juice and filled them with rum, ice and a bunch of fruit. Nobody said a word about it and everyone was asking us where we got em. That was one of the better ideas I've come across. You can go to any asian market and get them ready to be chopped. Just remembr to bring your straw and those little toothpick umbrellas and it will be all good. Riiiiiiight!!!!!!!!!!!
May 20, 2004 12:59PM
The guys next to us 2 years ago made ganjacoladas. they were really good.
May 20, 2004 01:06PM
Put THAT in a coconut and it's complete.
JUAN LOVE
May 20, 2004 06:07PM
i heard about those ganjacoladas. a buddy of mine was camped next to the same guy. asked him if he would get one for me but he had already given him a couple-oh well. i sure would like a rescipe(sp) for those-ganja and rum inna same cup-oh boy. one love-juan love
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login