NEGUS NAGAST -Rastafari fi Salvation
ROOTS NATTY - Mystery Babylon Fuego al Dragon

Well, There are more than 10
JAH Bless
RasFelipe
HIGHPRAISE
Re: Top Ten Reggae Albums en Espanol
August 07, 2005 11:15PM
Ive at least heard Gondwana and Roots Natty .. Between those two gotta chose Gondwana ...
August 08, 2005 12:25PM
must add 'sentemonos' and 'convicion' by gomba jahbari to that list ...
August 08, 2005 02:06PM
LUMUMBA -
CULTURA PROFETICA -
GONDWANA - Second Coming ( big big big big my favorite latin reggae band )
FIDEL " booommmmmmm "
NEGUS NAGAST( exelent from venezuela I love di song fallin from the mountain )
ROOTS NATTY

nice latin vibes me love it !!!!
August 08, 2005 02:38PM
Gomba Jahbari... Conviccion, played a few tracks on I program yestahday... as well as Roots Natty's Fuego al Dragon and Canaman's Fronteras, used some Red I jingles too...

has anyone heard da Canaman works? outta Spain... recorded in JA with folks like Marcia Griffiths, Anthony B, Capleton...
ROOTS FAN
Re: Top Ten Reggae Albums en Espanoespanl
August 08, 2005 03:36PM
rootsnatty tour in 2003 was backed by the ZIONEERS and now there backing
Batch-Ras-Attitude 2005 zioneers as been the cornerstone of roots music in P.R for yrs-before any of the listed above FROM P.R LOTS OF ROOTS THERE
its a little isla but with big roots bands but- rootsnatty -is the only 1 making it out here but -- Bayanga--s.n.w.m.f & 2001-m.b.r.f.--+ 2004-r.o.t.r--but 2006-
cultura-or gomba- should be in cali summer festivals but all bands are great too
if i had to hire some good roots bands from the reggae en espanol for any good big n.cal reggae fest they be the one's! Cultura was been at the big long beach shows- an san diego 2003-2004- it time for GOMBA JAHBARI -2006
bee
August 09, 2005 07:42AM
IMHO- gomba and cultura have some of the most unique, original sounding reggae from the island of puerto rico. thier crucial instrumentation and songwriting makes them stand out from other "reggae" bands submerging from outside of JA. check out gomba's new cd at [www.cdbaby.com] this band has a big sound! the album is mixed and mastered by jim fox at LION and FOX, sound quality is very nice. you can listen at cdbaby...
Also, watch out for a dvd from cultura and new cd to be released soon entitled m.o.t.a. this band is amazing and some of the most preofessional musicians I have ever seen live!

no disrespect, but roots natty doesn't do much for me. this is just my opinion, but his music is boring, sound quality is not that great, and it is not very "original" - it is nothing "new" sounding and relative to other artists in PR, he doesn't really compare...

for more spanish reggae, you must check alika based out of buenos aires, argentina... not only is she beautifal, but she can flow! she reminds me of sis carol, queen ifrica- she has conscious music! you can listen at [www.alika.com.ar] here is a pic too winking smiley

also out of argentina are los cafres [www.loscafres.com.ar] , riddim [www.riddim.com.ar] fidel nadal (of TTM and lumumba) and pablito molina [pablomolinamusic.com.ar] must check these artists.

gondwana from chile goes with out mentioning. they were in my book the pioneers of reggae from south america, unfortunaltey most of the forming members have parted ways.. but they still do play and record.

out of panama is el roockie this guy is amazing. he has a very sweet voice, can sing, flow, rap, watever, kind of like sizzla, jr kelly. I heard he was in JA working on some riddims with jah mason, check him out. his music is real nice!
also from panama is racies y cultura, they did the music for roockie's albums I believe...

who I am I forgetting??? I don't know, but there is so much good reggae from latin america these days. like in the reggae festival guide had the article about his, the artists are submerging from all around the globe. I think any of the above artists would be perfect for snwmf 2006, especially alika!!!! her voice and beauty would leave all these "festies" with a dropped draw.

bigup reggae from around the world!

August 09, 2005 08:34AM
Ellen, Russ, Audrey and I are skipping Wally World next summer and headin to snwmf,

sparkey

RasFelipe
August 09, 2005 03:52PM
True!, There's so many other bands not mentioned on my top ten list such as Nonpalidece, Alerta, Antidoping, Semillas plus the ones you stated. Reggae Roots in Latiamerica is growing up, and it gets better year by year. If you like to own some of these cd's, don't hesitate to email me
Also, you can check www.reggae.com.mx where I have a internet radio show via Natty Radio called Reggae on the Move every tuesday night at 9pm New York Time, featuring Reggae in both Spanish and English
Un abrazo
JAH Bless
RasFelipe
Maconha
August 09, 2005 06:53PM
RASpect

how good and how pleasant it is 4 InI 2 read such posts...Reggae Music cova da earth...it brings me great Joy 2c my brodas inna America Latina embracing JAH music...da same is happenin inna Brasil, where I from...Reggae is much bigger there than when I left and is growin stronger...its a reflection of our time...seen, JAH people comin 2gada 2 chant down babylon...thank u Lord 4 wat u've done 4 I

wat bout TRIBO DE JAH?! Crucial Roots Reggae from Maranhao (Northeast Brasil)...da musicians met inna blind school in Maranhao and developed serious musical skills. livin in "The Brasilian Jamaica" (as the state of Maranhao is known due to its huge Reggae influence) and unda da leadership of one of the most conscious and eloquent artists in Reggae, Fauzi Beydoun, da humble band known as Tribo de Jah has become huge while remainin roots...maximum RASpect due...cannot over-recomend dem Music, and Live concerts if dem hit ya area...while mos of his songs r in portuguese, Fauzi also sings in spanish, english, and even some french and italian...

Give thanks 4 Life!
August 30, 2005 03:24PM

DOOD!

You missed KUFU BANTON! I am SO into this guy right now: he is BAAAAAAD!

-spleece
pjo
August 30, 2005 04:15PM
*kafu banton - spleece, u got an album of his? whats it called?
August 30, 2005 04:53PM

Kafu Banton - Vivo en el Ghetto

I think there is a duet album around too, him with a guy from Panama, but I'm still waiting for that one...

-spleece
August 31, 2005 04:59PM
LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE UP FOR TRADING
GOT A LOT OF REGGAE EN ESPANOL
JAH BLESS
RASFELIPE
August 31, 2005 06:19PM
Looking for group called: Carnet De Roots* have this mp3 titled: 1 by 1* luv it innah skanking ska style! lost link years ago, any hear???
-RASpects+
August 31, 2005 06:33PM
Get on board Jahmeek, except in addition to not being reggae, it's also not Espanol, but rather French....

[membres.lycos.fr]

August 31, 2005 06:45PM
>your link errors so cant confirm if correct but this group talks about selassie. skanky so mayb not reggae & could have loaded it from french site(leading title*) but does sound spanish to i* not french. can send u copy if interested*
-RASpects+
August 31, 2005 06:56PM
>now u made i* dig up file. seems it is french real fast french. probley why thought it spanish & stuck it in that folder. funny ting is i* cant overstand either1 ALL that well & did notice need more spanish tracks around also cause french collection is BIGGER for sum reason, humm...
-RASpects+
September 01, 2005 09:47AM
September 15, 2005 10:29PM
Bee, you say in your most honest opinion and also no disrespect, but it will be more wise to keep your opinions to your self when you dont know what you are facing. Let me explain myself; I cannot stand you to refer to the work, dedication, sacrifice, pourpouse, inspiration, message among other things that would not be at the reach of your overstanding, what a pitty that Idont know you, but, I think you are in the wrong music.

Reggae lyrics are not for entertaining, they are only for education.
Bee, listen intensively, get the most information, overstand truth, dont get bored, know that boredom is the cause of an empty mind.

I want to let you know that the value of an person whether he or she that carries a RASTA message is not messured in terms of beauty, its more satisfiying that people like you come to overstand the TRUE meaning of RASTA album.

Your comments comparing one messenger with another they way you put do not helps none of the messengers in their labor, it further divides and separates them. Your opinions , which you should keep to your self, are ignorant that at the same time currupts the efforts of a RASTA warrior.

Bless you and yours.
RESPECTMAMAAFRICA
September 15, 2005 10:46PM
Bee,
Yuh post planted pon de road, it nah give fruit to I an I.
Read:
HERE IS THE THIRD TESTAMENT: THE ILECT VERSES OF EMPEROR HAILE I SELLASSIE I
BY MIGUEL LORNE

CHECK IT [knowledgebookstore.com]

Read:
The Philosophy and Opinions of Marcus Garvey
[www.onedropbooks.com]

Read:
Marcus Garvey - Message to the People
[www.onedropbooks.com]

Respect to deh Most I
Haile I Sellassie I Jah RasTafarI Ben Yehuda Ben YIsrael
Fiqir Bandinet Igzeeabier Medhanie 'Alem Jahnoy Moa Ambassa Ze'Imnegede Yehuda Qedamawi Fetari Tewahido Ze H.I.M. Haile Sellassie I
September 15, 2005 10:50PM
Bee,
Also check
[headstartp.freeservers.com]
For the Ilect Verses Of The Almighty Jah RasTafari
Each One Teach One
Pass It On
Would yuh let de system kill yuh bredda man?
No Dread no
Would yuh let de system get on top yuh head again Bee?
No Dread no
bee
September 16, 2005 08:29AM
respectmamaafrica: thank you for your response. it is nice to reason like this, it brings forth fruits as you say-
I assume that it is the following paragraph that I wrote that evoked what you wrote...
I said : "no disrespect, but roots natty doesn't do much for me. this is just my opinion, but his music is boring, sound quality is not that great, and it is not very "original" - it is nothing "new" sounding and relative to other artists in PR, he doesn't really compare... "
the only thing I slightly regret saying in all of this is "he doesn't really compare" you are correct, music is not a competition. however, I still stand by everything I wrote, and it is just my HUMBLE opinion, and honest as you wrote...
you told me that I should keep my opinions to myself, I don't know what I am facing, and that I am in the wrong music. first of all, this is a message board, it is where we share our opinions. I shared my opinions just as you have shared yours. that is the purpose of this forum. I do not feel disrespected by your post at all, it is interesting because it provokes thought.

I am not hear to judge anybody's personality. Neither am I criticizing or belittling the "dedication, sacrifice, pourpouse, or inspiration" of another man. In fact, much of RN lyrics are direct quotes from the bible, or a psalm in entirety, or commonly used phrases among rasta people. That is wonderful and hopefully will teach many people. the message for me was really nothing that knew, as I have listened to reggae for over half of my lifetime, and read many spiritual texts. therefore, I tend to focus on -originality -song composition -musicianship, etc... personally, I don't like RN voice too much, that is just my opinion. obviously, many other people are lovin it, so I am just stating what I feel.

you then wrote: "Reggae lyrics are not for entertaining, they are only for education. Bee, listen intensively, get the most information, overstand truth, dont get bored, know that boredom is the cause of an empty mind."

-funny, bob marley once said "We don't have education, we have inspriation. If I was educated, I would be a damn fool."
but don't take this the wrong way... I'm not saying RN does not have inspiration, clearly he has much inpsiration, and I think it is great he is spreading a positive message. unfortunately for me I guess, the music does not inspire me as much as other artists, particularly compared to other artists out of puerto rico- for example- cultura, gomba, malhoja, etc... that is just my opinion, of course I am entitled to that! I do wish roots natty the best and hope he continues to make album, and reveal his inspirations thru music....

you also wrote me: "I want to let you know that the value of an person whether he or she that carries a RASTA message is not messured in terms of beauty, its more satisfiying that people like you come to overstand the TRUE meaning of RASTA album."

maybe you are telling ME this because I posted a picture of alika, and commented several times on her beauty. I will share with you that alika's music has done a lot for me.. not only is she physically beautifal, but she has proved to the world that a latina woman (which is historically and sterotypically "downpressed" by society) can stand up, create an original sound that spreads positivity, AND in her case, she chants Haile Selassie I as ruler and defender of justice on this earth. RN shares with her the follwing things: born in spanish speaking countries, they both site Rasta, and both play reggae music. AGAIN, this is just my opinion, I am much more inspired when listening to alika.... reggae is not a competition, but I certainly am entitled to an opinion..
If you say reggae is a form of education, I would chose alika over roots natty as my teacher carrying the message...
if bob marley's music was not beautifal, I don't think reggae or Rasta for that matter, would have impacted as many hearts as it has since his time.

you then wrote to me "Your opinions , which you should keep to your self, are ignorant that at the same time currupts the efforts of a RASTA warrior."

I am not trying to corrupt the efforts of any body. I was simply sharing my opinion on reggae en espanol, the topic of the forum. I do not know roots natty personally. my words on a computer are not corrupting his efforts, just as the fact that you told me that I am "in the wrong music" is not going to change my passion for reggae. In fact, I sincerely hope roots natty continues to make music and spread a good message. And actually, your comment on how I am in the "wrong music" only makes me stronger... it does not change my love for reggae.

blessings to all, and it is wonderful to see so much good reggae music in spanish (including roots nattywinking smiley )

respect

bee
September 16, 2005 08:47AM
fyah smoke, I planted my post on the computer... I was just expressing my opinion, maybe just evoke some reasoning.
perhaps I did "bear" some fruits.. how do you know I did not?
it is possible that I turned someone on to a new artist, in my opinion, that is bearing fruit.
I am not fighting roots natty down. I was simply expressing my thoughts on his music... for more detail, read my post above.
in the meantime, I will check some of the books you recomended, I actually have some of these books!

and as far as your comment: "Would yuh let de system get on top yuh head again Bee?"

jejej, so you are saying the system is on my head?
I suggest you check out Matthew 7:1

bless
September 16, 2005 10:49AM
Bee I an I suggest yuh read.
If HIM desire, "Let I be born here again," in whatever family HIM directs HIM attention, either the family of a bRahMan or the family of a King, into that he will be born.

Soma Veda, JaiManYa Upanishad bRahMan, 3.28.3-4. VO, P.115

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If yuh are a big tree, I an I are a small axe, shaap an ready to cut yuh dung
Chop Chop Chop Chop Chop Chop Chop Chop Chop Chop Chop Chop Chop
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An dis aint no pork chop jack.

I, ManYaSri Bhudra,
Continuing the training in the Yantras of the three sciences,
Have accomplished my aim, cutting mind at its root.
At this very moment the fruition of perfect Ptah
Is simple
My own nature
Totally beyond mind.

Neter Psalms of the Horu Lineage
The Great Amun Ra Ptah:
The Great Psalms scribed by vairocana a scribe
September 16, 2005 11:03AM
SPEECHES OF HIM HAILE SELASSIE I
LIFE
There are good men and wicked. The former should be made use of and the latter punished, without attempting to understand why the ones are good and the others wicked. We demand too much of men to be able to respect them ...

AMUN
bee
September 16, 2005 11:17AM
thanks again for the passages, I'll check them out.
out of curiosity, do you think I am evil? do you think I am a big tree? do you think I like pork chops?
RasFelipe
October 14, 2005 10:56PM
Has anybody heard the new cultura profetica cd M.o.t.a. or mensajeros's Luz?

JAH Bless
RasFelipe
October 18, 2005 07:45AM
Yes. Cultura Profetica's M.O.T.A. is a great album. More mellow than expected from Cultura, but musically is by far ahead of other bands. Includes a song with the singer of Brazil's NATIRUTS, and another with LOS CAFRES Guillermo Bonetto. It also blends their music magistrally with hip hop, bossa nova and other rythms. I would recommend it to anyone.
October 18, 2005 08:59AM
then there is IRATION from Chile more rootical than Gondwana
October 18, 2005 09:34AM
What site can you get that cultura from?
October 18, 2005 10:28AM
October 18, 2005 12:11PM
Thanks Daniel
ites ticle
October 18, 2005 03:23PM
respectmamaafrica, as far as i can see reggae is more for entertainment than education. when times are hard you need something to help pull you through and when times are good you need music to celebrate with. of course, different people can appreciate the same piece of music in different ways, and enjoy completely different things about all types of music. i'm not a rastafarian anyway, so i usually don't even listen for the rasta lyrics in a reggae song- many of which i find to be very uninteresting and made from stock phrases etc. I prefer to listen to the quality and inventiveness of the music, the delivery of the lyrics by the singer or dj and the overall danceability or mood of a track, and then any interesting lyrical content or turn of phrase. this doesn't mean i appreciate reggae any less than someone incessently talking about JAH RASTAFARI in fake patois.

rasta isn't reggae and reggae isn't rasta. i'm getting fed up with people assuming that one is the same as the other.
bee
October 31, 2005 06:28AM
cultura profetica- m.o.t.a > this album is essential
droog
October 31, 2005 10:39AM
[www.nattydread.fr]

could you please tell me who the voice belongs to as the main page is loading...

peace...droog
October 31, 2005 10:41AM

El Rookie - En Tus Manos
Kafu Banton - Vivo en el Ghetto
RasFelipe
October 31, 2005 10:43AM
So Sorry CP's Fans, but I did not like the album!!!
I think that I am not that open to the new Reggae Sounds that are trying to do

JAH Bless
RasFelipe
October 31, 2005 11:04AM

I feel ya RasFelipe. I like the new album, but nowhere near as much as a few of their older albums.

-s
bee
October 31, 2005 11:30AM
to each thier own as far as the new cultura... what I like so much about all their albums is how they grow on me... like, the more I listen to them the more I wanna like it...
It is different than traditional "roots" album - they definitely have a lot of hip-hop & jazz influence on here, I love it... and I cant get over how tight they are musically, the horns, the keys... the lead singer is the bassist, and boris (drummer) has a few lead voc songs, and together, they have very nice voices, that compliment eachother.. the album has grown on me a lot since I first checked it.

I also got a new album from el roockie- "humanidad" its nice.. bigup raices y cultura !!! the albums also gotta track with anthony b, I heard that track a lot on the radio in costa rica recently...
you know whats crazy? richie spice "marijuana pon de corner" is like a HUGE hit on the radio in costa rica... I mean, I heard that song EVERYWHERE, like in taxis, clubs, the beach, the mall its like thier anthem
costa rica=pura vida

bee
October 31, 2005 11:31AM
I meant:
the more I listen to them the more I wanna listen to it/ like it...
RasFelipe
October 31, 2005 11:11PM
New Argentina's Mensajeros CD called 'Luz", great great album
buy it at www.labelrecords.com
Chuck performed in Costa Rica last week, opening act the locals Bamaselos
April 06, 2006 08:21PM
cultura es una banda exelente pero se han salido un poco del roots; y no podran igualar su primer CD.
RasFelipe
April 06, 2006 09:25PM
Cancion de Alerta es un clasico

JAH Bless
RasFelipe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login