Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

renegade shows in Truckee

Posted by flip 
flip
renegade shows in Truckee
May 19, 2004 02:27PM
as far as Reggae goes the park in Truckee, Ca has Luciano playing with Steel Pulse.

Burning Spear will also play wth hopefully more shows to be announced.

if any of you are in the Norcal area I highly reccomend seeing a show in the Truckee park. Outdoor, small venue. grass to sit on and dance around in.

The park is right on the Truckee river. Great place to hang out before the show.
Anyway...can't wait to see Spear and Luciano in front of a few hundred people with the grass between my toes.

In the past the park has had: Israel Vibration, Don Carlos, Ghetto Youth Crew, Culture and many others....

also this year Karl Denson and Medeski, Martin and Wood.

www.renegadeshows.com
No I don't work for renegade......................................
Re: renegade shows in Truckee
May 19, 2004 02:50PM
Bredren please post the dates and line ups as I just check renegade last week and no line up was out.
Blessed
flip
May 19, 2004 02:57PM
shows ussually have opening acts starting around 6? i think the shows have to be over by 10pm. so main acts ussually between 8-10 pm. i'm just guessing though......

Saturday August 7
LUCIANO &
STEEL PULSE
Truckee Regional Park Amphitheater
All Ages

Saturday August 21
BURNING SPEAR
All Ages

Monday June 21
MEDESKI MARTIN & WOOD
All Ages

Saturday July 24
KARL DENSON'S TINY UNIVERSE
All Ages
May 19, 2004 03:09PM
Saw Buju Banton there several years ago (1998-1999?) and it was a great experience, the sound system was excellent and like food, music always seems best when experienced outdoors....Much respect for brining such amazing artists this year to such a great small venue.
May 19, 2004 03:43PM
Yup...those shows are killer!!! I recommend it too.
May 19, 2004 03:44PM
This has been I favorite hometown venue for years. Much history there in roots reggae.
Give thanks for the message bredren
Sis April Joseph I
jjlab3
May 20, 2004 05:21PM
That is a great venue. I drive up there from Sactown everytime they have a Reggae show. Saw Don Carlos, Spear, and Buju there. Good sound, great vibe, intimate setting. Blankets on the grass, trickling water.

I'll be there.
May 21, 2004 02:32AM
Yeah the shows in Truckee are the best. I hope Renegade adds a few more this summer. I hear through the grapevine that Robbie is cutting back on the amount of shows that he does this year. He seems to be focusing on doing bigger shows at Caesars Tahoe (Ziggy, Spearhead, Widespread Panic, Jimmy Cliff, Los Lobos, etc). I go to all of them, but have had the best times at the Truckee Park. Here is a list of the reggae shows that I have seen there since 1995: Wailers, Burning Spear, Yellowman, Pato Banton, Toots and the Maytals, Black Uhuru, Bunny Wailer, Luciano, Capleton, Don Carlos, Ziggy Marley, Ghetto Youth Crew with Damian, Stephen, Julian Marley, Morgan Heritage, Culture, Israel Vibration, Lucky Dube, Everton Blender, Skatalites, Steel Pulse, Eek-A-Mouse, Justin Hinds, Buju Banton, Reggae Cowboys, OJ Ekemode. It is like we get a mini reggae festival almost every week in the summer. Keep it up Renegade. You provide amazing shows to the masses. Where is the Renegade festival this summer? I heard that Mt Shasta doesn't want any music events this summer.
May 21, 2004 08:08AM
That's sad. I really enjoy the vibe at Mt. Shasta.
May 21, 2004 08:22AM
I like Shasta too. I have been to every one.
shaunsta
May 21, 2004 08:24AM
mt shasta rules!!!! i've probably met you bun n cheese. i wear a jamaican flag on my head
May 21, 2004 08:35AM
Could be, I wore a sunburn on my head. I like filling up with the spring water there, and camping at that park with the buddah swimming hole.
May 21, 2004 09:24AM
Well the Mt Shasta area is in for a real treat this year then, why with the RAINBOW GATHERING comin' to town and all.
shaunsta
May 21, 2004 01:08PM
bun n cheese your hilarious giime a hi when you see me im the only one who wears a flag on his head jah bless
May 21, 2004 01:20PM
Truckee regional ampitheatre is my favorite place to see rasta shows. The vibe really flows through me at these shows. By far the most relaxed atmoshere for a rasta show. It's almost like a private concert its so small. I can't wait for upcomming shows. Everyone have a vibefull summer.
May 21, 2004 01:34PM
"rasta show"...that's cute winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login