Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Judement storming on the land...

Posted by Alexsis 
Judement storming on the land...
May 20, 2004 07:21PM
I just hope that all of you lovely folks are going to vote in the up coming election!

Any feed back as to why or why not is welcome!

Where dem i go run? Where dem I go hide? Judgment stormin on the land…

Re: Judement storming on the land...
May 20, 2004 07:44PM
Most definately!!! I just pray that these electronic voting machines do not screw things and that the Supreme Court stays out of it this time around. The Bush aadministration is by far the most corrupt, deceiful, christian-right knee jerk reactionary, fiscally irresponsible administration I have ever lived through and perhaps who have ever run this country. When I leave this country I am ashamed to admit I am from America. I recently got so fed up seeing "I support our President" rally around the flag bumper stickers here in sacramento that I put one on my car "When Clinton Lied NO ONE DIED." Not that I think Clinton was a prime example of how to live ones life in office but the whole movement to impeach him for his exploits with Monica, compared to the Bush Administration's efforts to smear Hans Blix, thumb their nose at the entire UN and internation law, set up Powell the way that they did because he was the only one with a shred of credibility before the UN, and rely on evidence known to be faulty to start this god-forsaken waste of a war, not to mention the recent prisoner abuse debalacle, is enough to get me to vote and even vote for impeachment if there were to ever be such a movement. Rumsfield and Bush. Unfortunately, the christian right are too powerful at the moment for that to get very far. And, if anyone at the NSA, CIA, FBI are reading this post just know that there is a movement building to oust this administration and all that it stands for and you better be looking for another job! VOTE PEOPLE!!
May 20, 2004 07:49PM
Amen Andee!!!!!!
shaunsta
May 21, 2004 08:04PM
i dont vote anti demoracy
Acacia
May 21, 2004 08:18PM
Perfect. You should be proud.
May 21, 2004 08:48PM
tru+ deMOCrazy iz a myth in total it iz nah all iNi have. it iz JaH'z law & no other to follow. -RASpects+
May 21, 2004 08:51PM
I agree it is the lesser of all evils but if people don't vote we will be stuck with Bush for another 4 years. Some might say that is a good thing, force people to wake up, but I would rather take my chances with Kerry.
May 21, 2004 08:55PM
personaly till dem allow a third ,forth, fifth party into debates NO time will pass. Bush set himself up & now* it time for him to willow -RASpects+
May 21, 2004 09:06PM
true that Jahmeek...(but what do you mean willow?) don't you think doing nothing will only make the situations of the world and poverty in our country and abroad even worse under Bush and that, as a people, americans will appear even more apathetic and narcissistic to the rest of the world? enough about all that, the masses on this board don't seem to have a taste for politics and for good reason ...rarely does government represent the people
May 21, 2004 09:27PM
i* waz a mazzive non-bush backer tha first time around wit daddy C.I.A.(Jack Herer waz on ballet den) so dis attitude iz nah much differnt(with nader or whoever). if it mekz ya feel anybetter Andee i* would pick Kerry over bloodclot bush anyday but still iz not anywhere close az a so called free nation should be on ballet(the only person who i* C' really sayin much iz jesse the bamba body about a third party debate & dat iz pretty sad statment.) -RASpects+
May 21, 2004 09:29PM
I vote Libertarian =-)
May 21, 2004 09:37PM
I vote Green Party!

My Poppa made a comment to me one day & it has stuck ever since. it is the reason why i vote...

He said that Black folks that were beat down when they tried to fight for the right to vote compelled him to vote. The fact that Black people were killed over the right to vote compelled him to vote. I feel that my Daddy is correct. Black people had to fight tooth & nail for that right (amongst other things). I do not want to diminish their works or legacy by not voting. They did not die in vain. So, I vote. & I do believe that it does make a difference. I'll not lay on my back on this one. Mind you, this is just my reason on why I vote. im sharing! forgive my spelling also!

So may rivers to cross....

Post Edited (05-21-04 14:38)
May 21, 2004 09:41PM
Nice Alexsis,
The only way to make it a multi party system is to vote that way, many just vote for the lesser of two evils, but that will never change a thing.
May 21, 2004 09:46PM
Your Father's words of wisdom really put things into perspective huh. Very nice. Sounds like a thinker.
May 21, 2004 10:53PM
Nader- independant all the way!
May 21, 2004 10:55PM
Deciding not to vote is a choice too. If you don't like anyone out there, then don't vote. There are a lot of people out there who don't have anyone that stands for them.
May 21, 2004 11:34PM
but by not voting you may end up with someone who stands AGAINST you. yes the "lesser of two evils" is a terrible way to have to choose but it is what we are stuck with it seems. i would rather vote for someone who i agree with 25% or 10% or 75% or whatever rather than have someone i totally disagree with be elected.
May 21, 2004 11:51PM
Thank you dirtweed! and Alexis's words ring close to home. my ancestors (including my grandfather) were not allowed to vote in many states up until the 1950's-1960's because they were shawnee indians. The right to citizenship in the 1920s did little for indians actually being able to vote. Its not a fundamental right people of color, or any people, should take for granted, even if the system is far from fair or representative ...
May 22, 2004 12:07AM
Bless up you all. Good discussion here.
May 22, 2004 02:00PM
they all stand against you trust me bush is a beast retard and kerry is a hypocrit lying sack of crap,nader ok but we all know independent's get smacked around they have no juice going against the republacan's and dems
May 22, 2004 07:02PM
EVERYONE should vote! If you don't like any candidates (cyann really blame you) - then vote for a smaller party - help level the playing field, we've been stuck with 2 parties FAR TOO LONG. Help get a choice "c" onto the ballot! (check out the Green Party)
May 23, 2004 04:07PM
How do we know the votes really count? Who is to say they don't just create fake conclusions and their underground ways paste desiscions, acting like we're actually voting for something.. when truly these days they're all the same! Anyone truly interested in this sort of questioning should check the book "Behold a Pale Horse" By William Cooper... some serious times... so serious

blessed love
May 23, 2004 05:44PM
dat iz true because anybody dat claimz conspiracy in public iz made to look foolish like dem have no rite to beleif dat were being push around like cattle. not dat im sayin' "dont vote" or anyting itz your rite RITE* but i* just dont like to be shoved into a ballet box when i* kno* dem same problem gonna be dar if only two partyz R' really able to win. one ting forsure iz bush never won last election(dat iz very clear). & for insites on dis next one he has already quoted on national tv" im not gonna loss"-hardball interveiw*. it would be nice if him eat crow on dis but where in the hell does he get these props. hummmm* one to tink about. -RASpects+
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login