Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

To the board massive, hook up!!

Posted by ForwardZion 
To the board massive, hook up!!
May 21, 2004 02:27AM
Like I man say, I want to SEE all of ya, Seen!! Prince Kali, don't forget the 9-13, "10-4" if ya know what I mean. Also no luck on meeting to the right main stage @ 4:20 friday since gates don't open til 5. New plan, let me know. We all will be suprised when we meet in the flesh, learn, live and grow....can't wait!!!
ForwardZion.......
Re: To the board massive, hook up!!
May 21, 2004 09:50AM
meeting somewhere in the camping area at 420 friday could be done. i know there are groups that camp that have a large area (you guys with the camouflage
netting, or the big bobmarley flag for instance) where we could all get together.
May 21, 2004 09:55AM
YEA YEA, Forward
I wont soon forget!!!!
The days are counting down quicker and quicker!!!!!!
Peace and love

Happy Trails
May 21, 2004 10:30AM
Oh yes - hookup fi sure!! I am too tired to think right now - but if you say 4:20, we should meet somewhere near the gate! Okay - someone camp near the gate... (haha!). JK - does anyone know if the side gate will be open (to the side of the main stage) Friday? - if so - behind the stage (and the fenced area) is easy to spot...
shaunsta
May 21, 2004 01:14PM
hey forwardzion gimme a holla i wear a jamaican flag on my head,,ill see you in a couple ,jah bless!!
May 21, 2004 01:38PM
Why not on like Saturday afternoon or something...? Down by the main stage at a certain time.
May 22, 2004 06:10AM
That would work for me... it might be better, Friday might be hectic. Especially after Thursday night! Either way work for me. Speaking of Thur.s - anyone else stopping at one of the New Melones campgrounds? It would be awesome to get in the mood proper! I am thinking of the south campground (I'm picking up a friend in Merced).

I feel days, ticking 'way...! Till we get irie...
(sung to Days Chasing Days - Congos)
May 22, 2004 07:56AM
I would love to meet you at the new melones south campground on thursday! You have the number- give InI a call when you have a chance. There will be atleast 15-20 people with us......early morning lineup at the gates on friday so be ready!
May 24, 2004 09:15AM
Dubguy- that side fence gate is awsome, thats where i camped last year... Well right by it.
- there will be about 15 - 20 people camping with me too!
-PKW
May 24, 2004 01:35PM
PKW - yeah that's where we camped last time too - it saves a lot of walking if you're camped on that side, that's for sure! This message board is pretty cool - it's always cool at these fests to meet new people, but this year I feel like I have a head start - and there's people whom I really WANT to meet! We definitely need some kind of plan - but I'm like the worst ever at planning ahead of time - I work better under pressure i guess...Someone (PAle Rider? - or was it you PKW?) had the great idea of hooking up while Pepper was playing. If there's one band I can miss it is that one. I think they are on the small stage? If so - we could meet by the big one...

Sis April I'll be in touch soon - drum circle in the park for sure in the near future!
JUAN LOVE
May 24, 2004 04:54PM
i would more than love to link up with the board massive at the fest. i'll be bringing a few dozen " chocolate chip cookies " that i would love to share with you all. cant eatem all my self(he he) see you all in 4 weeks!!!!
one love-juan love
May 24, 2004 08:46PM
crucial mash, chronic stash, brownies made of hash, pocket full of cash, my boss can kiss my ass. cant wait to see all di cool bredren and fine sistren so me fi skank
and be irie all night long. i'll be the long haired stoner in the bob shirt (easy to spot ..ha ha) i think saturday @ 4:20 would be a great time for a massive praise session. i and i will be there.
May 26, 2004 09:44AM
9-13
913!!!!!!!!!

Happy Trails
jjlab3
May 26, 2004 10:06AM
Sactown will be representing. Look for a fat motorhome with the Red, Gold, and Green flying. Come by and visit.

Otherwise I am down to meet at 4:20 on Friday or on Saturday, whenever.
May 26, 2004 10:25AM
I just found out I won't be going this year. I'm upset, really wanted to catch Downbeat up there, not to mention meet some of you fine folks.
Maybe next year :-(
May 27, 2004 08:09AM
Bummer Chimino! Guess we haffe meet pon di next fest - hope you at least catch some of the vibes amigo...till we meet - keep the spirit!

ites

To the rest of you's - everyone is saying 4:20? Like I say I'm not too picky - but if 4:20 is in the middle of I-Vibes or something I can see a potential problem...

thoughts? - please share them! :-)
May 27, 2004 09:20AM
lol im the long haired stoner in the bob shirt.
oh well, i'll be on the 9-13 off and on the whole time!!
I cant wait to soar around the festival!

Happy Trails
May 27, 2004 05:27PM
thx Dubguy. Hopefully Don Carlos will be making his annual appearance here in Berkeley after SNWMF. And either SL or (hopefully) Downbeat @ Club Dread.
Have fun y'all!
JUAN LOVE
May 27, 2004 05:40PM
2:10 X 2= 4:20 i dont want to miss any crucial artist either- just a thought
one love-juan love
May 29, 2004 12:04AM
yea lets all get together
would be very cool
i will be vending
what if we met near the vendor booths or something
give e m a little extra attention
Miss Love

it takes a whole village to raise a child
May 29, 2004 08:45AM
everyone keeps saying "ya let's do it" but we still don't have a place or time. lets stop saying how much we want to meet and start putting up specific info (place and time). the walkie-talkie idea isn't going to work (too few have them) but you walker-talkers can always hook up yourself. my suggestion: since lilmisslove has a vendors booth - lets meet there saturday before music starts. i don't have the time gates open saturday but maybe shortly after gates open we can hang at your booth and see who shows up. any other specific suggestions? lets get some together and then vote on them. festival is quickly coming (20 days).
May 29, 2004 08:58AM
Yes!
BY the vendors (lilmisslove - which booth are you?) would be great!
Before the music - works for me
Some people may not be early birds - we could even have a secondary time too (like during Pepper!) >=P
Unless of course everyone is cool with b4 the music...
June 03, 2004 09:34AM
i say we all meet up at the big stage before don carlos plays, have a smoky good time and conversation ,say Irie I to the guy with a jamaican flag on his head
Jah bless
June 03, 2004 09:37AM
Is this flag like a tattoo or something?
June 03, 2004 12:26PM
no bun ncheese i actually wear a material made flag on my head ,i also wear a ras colored scarf to keep it on Jah bless
dirtweed
June 03, 2004 01:46PM
i was kinda hoping that it was a cool birthmark.
June 03, 2004 01:54PM
lol, looks arn't everything ----- unless of course we are all hooking up thanks to looks.
Peace & Love
June 04, 2004 08:56AM
I would love to meet all of you. I will be the one with my back tatooed with a dread jesus carrying a cross. Massive
June 04, 2004 09:06AM
I suggest that everyone meet at the "trade roots booth". A bredren who represents San Diego.
June 04, 2004 09:24AM
You guys decide, ill keep in touch=)

Happy Trails
June 04, 2004 09:24AM
Is everyone mean everyone or select friends of I?
I am from San Diego and have only few friends from this area.
San Diego culture scene is week.
Hoping to link up with bredren and sistren from my area to strenghten one's roots.
Trade Roots booth is this from San Diego?
June 04, 2004 10:01AM
Ill kick it with you for sure if we all meet up,
"Is everyone mean everyone or select friends of I?
I dont fully understand your question but everyone at the festival is really nice.
It always suprizes me how many cool/welcoming nice people are there.

Peace and Love
June 04, 2004 10:07AM
Oh I was replying to "I suggest everyone meet at the trade roots booth"
I didn't know if all thee were friends or if it was open invitation.
Yes, I love festivals and the people are all very beautiful.
Blessed Love,
Sanae
June 04, 2004 10:12AM
Trade Roots is about as good as you are going to get with regards to music and gear in San Diego. I am currently in Barstow, but I have been shopping there for years. Take the 8 west (beaches)to the Rosecrans exit. Take a left at the carwash and then a left at the light and you will see it on the left. Jah bless
June 04, 2004 10:21AM
SISTA, the culture scene in San Diego is underground. Trade Roots is up on everything.
jb welda
June 04, 2004 10:24AM
just as an aside dj rasta-i, are you in the marines? you are posting from what appears to be a marines military server. just curious.

one love
jah bill
June 04, 2004 10:31AM
YES I...Jah Warrior
June 04, 2004 10:34AM
"once i was a warrior, now i praise JAH JAH"
June 04, 2004 12:17PM
Greetings Board,
How about 7pm Friday stage left at the Village Stage Dubwise starts at 6 pm they play for 45min a good time to start the message board party or 8:40 at main stage sound board?? THINK ABOUT THE TIME YOU KNOW DOUBLED,, any other ideas??
One Love
AL
June 04, 2004 01:18PM
I love people and thier differences.
Just thought id throw that in there.

Happy Trails
June 07, 2004 09:43AM
So, Walkie talkie channle is 9:13,
11 Days to GO WOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We mustaz met upsaz!!
Can Not WAIT to See All your Smiling Faces
YES!!!!! I feel so Good just thinkg about sitting on that hill with thousands of peace full open minded people Vibing off the bands!! AAHHH
Much Love,
Peace & Love,
Very much respectz
one love.
-PKW
June 07, 2004 11:39AM
trade roots, yes I
welcome all to angels camp
the slice of mount zion that is for the I
...and for the brederen and sisteren in this time
InI will show at the booth, with rasta music to share
and the best of local blessings to reason pon.

June 07, 2004 01:22PM
Hardly Zion, idren.
But blessed still
June 07, 2004 01:55PM

Good point Sis, it makes much more sense ya all

She's got the right idea, why put the pressure on? We'll meet

up Saturday at the mainstage at 4:20 am. You guys and gals down?

I'll be wearing a security shirt from this years show, look for the

Ras alright.

Peace and Luv,
Ras Mosis
June 07, 2004 02:20PM
Okay - I'm seeing two divided camps here (Inity where it counts, to be true!) - so let's do this:

I'll be near the Trade Roots booth right after I get inside and settled (say 1/2 hour after gates open) - I'll be wearing my chinese-style hat (maximum shade) - short blond hair - greying goatee. If you're up early - say hi!

THEN...

At 4:20 - rally round the Ras in the security shirt (and the Shaunsta with the flag on his head!) - if the music is playing - we can all just linger a little at the end of the set (shout out MB or something!)...

Then we carry on... enlightened by newfound friendships and irie vibes.. I wanna meet all of you - PKW, J, Jah Bill, Jahmeek, Pale Ryder, Bun n Cheese, Sistrens April and Jen...etc., etc. (you get the picture) ALL OF YOU!

Spread the love!Smiles for all!
June 07, 2004 02:55PM
I will also meet at the Trade Roots Booth. The One with the back covered with a dread Jesus. I will also be wearing a tam.
rootsfan
June 07, 2004 04:43PM
Dj rasta I,

Right above your tattoo - does it say "Jesus Gotz My Back"....
juan love
June 07, 2004 06:21PM
see you all at trade roots !!!! cant wait
one love-juan love
June 08, 2004 07:41AM
Rootsfan, not quite. It says Praise Jah Rastafari...close enuogh? Jesus Gotz My Soul...
J
June 08, 2004 12:40PM
OKay, new to this... so are people meeting at 4:20 on saturday at the main stage... how will we be able to tell where eachother is? I mean, how big is the stage.. I am wondering because I have never been. Like on the right side, the left... I dont know! 4:20 on saturday is fine by me... I am really excited. Quick question, I know who is playing on what day, but I dont know when, the order of the artists, or which stage. Do they give us that information at the gate?
Jah Bless
-Jacquie
ps- when are poeple meeting at the Trade Roots Booth?
June 08, 2004 01:14PM
I hope that we all meet up there through out the day. I have an even better idea. I have never been to SNWMF (ZION), so I am sure that once we get there, someone will take charge and come up with a good meeting place. I would love to greet/reason with you all. So here is the # to my cell for you to call the day of: 760 559-7621. Rassssstafariiiiii
June 08, 2004 01:22PM
I have a feeling that Saturday will be a tough day to meet at that time. Saturday is the big reggae day for the reggae fans. I think Don Carlos will be performing during the meeting time. Don't quote me on that, but my information says so. I'm told the times should be posted soon as Daniel has said. I will have my walkie-talkie set at 9-13 for those doing the walkie-talkie thing. Anyone going up early? I'll be there Wednesday day. I'm down to hang with the Melones crew on Thursday too. If you have a walkie-talkie, hit me up. Mine has like a two mile range. Just call me by my username here. Big up Sis Adaria for all your kindness!!!!

fourtwentyplenty
J
June 08, 2004 09:52PM
OKay, here is what I shall do... Buy a walkie talkie, that way, people with one can just radio in when they see a fellow forum member, I will try to hear it, and run over there to say hello. I know this sounds really sad, but nobody i know listent to this music, and it gets lonely trying to talk to myself about it... I am afraid i have outcasted myself from my friends whos now go to the "clubs" and "hot spots" without me. What I am trying to say is that so far everyone is super nice and i would love to meet as many of you as i can. I really hope i will meet at least one person from this forum. So i asked about what type of walkie talkie i should get in another thread, i think it was "lets get together" so what type should i get... just want to make sure i can meet all of you Jah blessed people. I will try to figure out what i am wearing or somethin g on saturday, that way people can see me, but it has got to be something uncommon, otherwise you wont know it is me. Any ideas of what to wear?
Jah Bless
-Jacquie

June 08, 2004 10:29PM
Don't waste too much energy on trying to figure out how we'll get together. If it's meant to happen it will. Don't go out and buy a walkie-talkie just for the fest. Use whatever means you have, cell phone, walkie-talkie, nametag, at a booth, down to the left of the stage, stumbling onto my tent at 4AM ala ROTR, choice of clothes, tattoos on backs, hats or other identifying features. I'll have my walkie-talkie and if I happen to get hit up then right on. I'll probably go out looking for some of you at some point, but I'm focused on the music. If you see a big white guy standing 6 feet tall and about 280 lbs. with a goatee and a shaved head or a straw hat on with some brown beads around it and some really red eyes, that's me. I don't know what I'll be wearing, except for the hat, until I know how hot it will be. You may be lucky and get a free special edible from me and you'll know that's me too.

One question - where did Jahmeek go? I'm starting to miss him.

fourtwentyplenty
June 09, 2004 08:44AM
Hardly Zion, DJ Rasta.

So what's the plan? Maybe someone can just post a simple
BE HERE NOW message with a simple place, a simple time and a simple intention to meet up.
Blessed Light,
Sis April I
June 09, 2004 11:43AM
When the time schedule is posted we can decide a time and meeting place without much problem (during pepper?), anyways channel 9 sub 13 is good for us that have them, cell phone not so good, I don't know if coverage is any better this year but the last couple I could not get my cell phone to work too well at the fest.
June 09, 2004 11:59AM
mi tinks this thread is getting a little long and still no definative. mi tinks it would be cool to see everyone and also make it convienent for everyI. (not during a good show). Mi knows I will be stoping by the Trade Roots Booth. It would be kinda cool if we met up on friday some of I might be so cool InI will want to kick it fur a minute. "Make new friends but keep the old, life is more precious than even gold."
SistaSanae
June 09, 2004 12:03PM
Im getting thier Early!! so Ill be on the channle calling out my Code name )PKW(
Anyone out there? Over!

Happy Trails
June 09, 2004 12:13PM

When you arrive you receive a schedule with all the times , who's

playing, everyting about tha artists, the sponsors etc.

Peace and Blessings,
Ras Mosis
Zana
June 09, 2004 12:15PM
How about meet up Saturday morning at the coffee place? That way no shows are going on and we have the rest of the day to "run" into familar faces.
Just a thought.
June 09, 2004 12:23PM

Cell phone coverage was virtually non-existent, Sprint,Cingular, ATT,

they all did not work. Verizon works great on analog though.

Much Luv,
Ras Mosis
J
June 09, 2004 02:03PM
Okay... I say, saturday morning sounds good, like 1 hour before the music starts... which i think is 10am. If your up, meet us, if not well we see ya later for sure. I have never been, so i dont know where...I am guessing at the Trade Roots Booth... or the coffe place (where is that?). Woooo hooo...9 Days!!!!!!!!!!
Love
-Jacquie
ps- if you are calling my name... in person..."jacquie" is best. Via the walkie talkie..."j" or "jacquie" works..

pps- so i know i should not fret, but if i want to buy a walkie talkie, which one should i get... what should i ask the sales person about to make sure i can get in touch with you lovely people?
June 09, 2004 02:44PM
Verizon :^)
June 09, 2004 02:55PM

I had a great idea on how and where we could meet! Saturday

at 3:30pm. Midnite band will be playing at the VALLEY Stage.

On the left side when facing forward towards the stage. This will

make it easy for people to hook-up, find a cool looking shirt or fit to

wear, then post the description on a new thread. This way you will

be easily identified, and even if we don't what we look like, we have

description and a easy meeting point. Much luv and respect

Ras Mosis
June 09, 2004 03:00PM
I will be the blue eyed, tatooed back, Tam wearing, muscle bound, honey by my side, red stripe sipping, skanking to the vibes...dj rasta-i
June 09, 2004 03:01PM
Yes i...rastafari
June 09, 2004 03:07PM
i be blue and red-eyed,sportin ethipian pride with brown honey on my side.
also red striping sippin, big pippen, and skanken to the vibe,
Sista Sanae I
June 09, 2004 03:10PM
Sistah...Rahstafariiii
June 09, 2004 03:30PM

Hi Jacquie,

I have a great suggestion, go to your nearest Radioshack, and

ask the salesperson for a 5-mile range Motorola TRS . Tell the

salesperson you are going to a rural area with a few trees,and maybe

a few buildings in the area. He will hook you up, they are really helpful

at Radioshack. Anyway, we should meet up Saturday at the VALLEY

stage at 3:30 . I'll bring lot's of goodies and friends to hang with,

you can't miss Midnite. We'll meet in front of the stage on the left

side when facing forward towards the stage.

See you soon,
Ras Mosis
June 09, 2004 04:59PM
Well if it's the Jacquie that I know, she will not only not be missing Midnite, she'll also be guarding the door for them....
Zana
June 09, 2004 07:14PM
OMG: we should wear name tags! Ha, ha, ha...
J
June 09, 2004 10:15PM
Daniel- Nope, not the Jacquie you know, b/c i have never heard midnite play...sorry. Okay, thank you Ras Mosis. Saturday sounds great!! 3:30 pm left side (when facing forward) of VALLEY stage. Not sure how youll be able to tell me apart from the others, but i will figure out an outfit by them... hopefully.
Love you all
-Jacquie
June 10, 2004 12:56PM
Ill have PKW in big letters somewhere on I bodi
J
June 10, 2004 04:46PM
OKay make sure you guys read the thread "MEET HERE IF YOU CAN" i think it might just work, and i am not saying that bc i wrote it.. hahahaha
Jah Bless
-Jacquie
sillysquirt
June 11, 2004 04:50PM
so, I am just going to have to talk to every person I see with a walkie talkie, or, go to the stage before midnite. Hmmmmm.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login