Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yosemite before fest?

Posted by Chip 
Chip
Yosemite before fest?
May 26, 2004 04:28PM
Is it worth driving up to Yo on Tues or Wed before the big fest?
Re: Yosemite before fest?
May 27, 2004 01:49AM
My thoughts on Yosemite are thet it has become soooooo comercial. it's sad to see a natural wonder turn into a carnival ride. The best time to go is in winter when the HUGE crowds are gone.
May 28, 2004 02:48AM
it's still worth seeing!
May 28, 2004 04:53AM
Blessed Mother Earth. I was wondering if someone could give some advice on traveling through Yosemite, I have not yet had the chance and was planning on stopping on the way back to AZ after the fest. I saw that there are two main roads, one that loops through Yosemite valley and one that drives straight through the park. Can someone give more info about the two roads and offer any ideas on any places to camp? I really want to see the waterfalls, but there are so many on the map. I would be thankful for input and experiences.
Gratitude,
Jennifer
May 28, 2004 03:34PM
Yes I sistren---
Yosemite is I 'hometown'. The maps do make the park look bigger than it is, in I opinion. And Yo is always worth the time and energy to get there. Sistren, the I's will marvel at the sight of HIS works.
The loop road is just loopin' through the valley and the I's should definatley do that. The other road is a tall mountain climb and will take you up to the back country for a true wilderness experinece. Sistren, the I's can take hwy 395 up on the nevada side and then cross over through the park.
Let I know how else I might help......
Glory IS HIM
jb welda
May 28, 2004 03:48PM
the valley is a ghetto during the summer. too many people and probably all campsites are sold out. up in touloume meadows it will be better but better check to see if the tioga pass road is open, sometimes its closed as late as 4th of july. my advice is to put off yosemite until the off season and instead go to kings canyon, a few miles further south. much more relaxed, much less people, and there the bears really like people!

one love
jah bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login