Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reggae taking over

Posted by thisriver 
thisriver
Reggae taking over
May 26, 2004 11:12AM
I'm just curious how many people on this board only listen to reggae music. Though I listen to other types of music I understand the propensity reggae has to kind of take over.
-thisriver
Re: Reggae taking over
May 26, 2004 12:05PM
Hey, when I first started to get into reggae 7 years ago that was all I listened to 24/7. Now that I have a wife and kids I listen to it as much as possible and my wife enjoys it but not to the degree that I do so compromises must be made. My two middle boys love it though as I took them to Roots Mountain the last year that that festival took place. Truely a sad loss in the reggea seen.

Rastafari,
Q
Zana
May 26, 2004 12:49PM
I really don't listen to much else. I get really into one genre and that is all I listen too. I used only listen House Music but then I changed and the music I listened to changed as well. Now, I can't image why I never listened to reggae. Other styles of music just don't do anything for me. Because reggae is relatively new to me, I have so much to learn and so many artists to buy.
iriegyal
May 26, 2004 01:18PM
I pretty much only listen to reggae music. i also often wonder if there are people out there like me, who eat, drink and sleep reggae. I started listening to reggae music in the late 80's early 90's and slowly it took hold. I do listen to different types of reggae though- roots, dub, dancehall but reggae nonetheless. Sometimes i feel a bit closeminded because it's hard for me to even try to listen to anything else. Reggae for me is not just music but a way of life.
May 26, 2004 01:24PM
I prefer reggae to other types of music because it consistantly has a holy spirit inspired message. I can completely get into other types of music that are holy spirit inspired as well, that is why I am so looking forward to Abdel Wright. I check the four songs on his website and they weren't reggae but definately rasta. Big up to conscious music!!!!!!!
May 26, 2004 01:40PM
wha u mean Reggae haz already ruled long time already so nothing iz takin' over more than it already rule n' reign! but i* do tink dub style iz regaining it true place in the world az a whole from the closet of old school street sound & late club to the front line in full force. -RASpects+
Irie_i
May 26, 2004 02:55PM
Yes Iriegyal there are many others like you. I dont have time or passion to listen to antyhing else.

Respect.
jjlab3
May 26, 2004 03:51PM
I listen to lots of other genre's of music. Alternative, Jazz, Hip Hop. Depends on my mood.

Reggae is probably the genre I listen to the most.
May 26, 2004 04:01PM
These days I pretty much only listen to reggae if I have a choice. I like other stuff, but prefer reggae.
B nyze
May 26, 2004 04:19PM
"reggae convert them"..-bunny wailer.....it has converted me about 15 yrs ago.
first 14 yrs- strictlyl roots, and some lovers rock. now i found myself listening to a little bit more dance hall....strictly reggae for me..."babylon is selling bad music to educate are youth"-joseph hill
May 26, 2004 04:54PM
I LOVE REGGAE,
and I like all other forms of music
one love
AL
As a lot of you know me and I know alot of you. I work with all forms of music from A-Z-Arabric-Zouk. As long as the musicians play and sing like professionals (better be Damm Good) and the music is good thats all we can ask for.
My Passion and Soul will always be in Roots, Rock, Reggae,from the late 60's to the early 70's till now Reggae has been in my blood too long and I hope and pray it gets into your bloodstream too!
Thurs at Cheers See ya there!!

May 26, 2004 05:00PM
Oh good Al...you'll be there? See ya tomorrow night then.
May 27, 2004 03:31AM
I listen to as much different music as possible
Reggae, World Beat, Hip Hop, Bluegrass, Folk, "Jam Bands" Funk, Soul, R&B
Its All Jah Music to InI

Blessed
May 27, 2004 07:59AM
I check 99% reggae. The other 1%, I am not the selector.
May 27, 2004 08:29AM
I listen to all types - but over half my CD collection is reggae - the other half mixed. My Record collection is another story - I switched to CDs about the time I was really getting into reggae...

I too can't wait to see Abdel Wright, although I'm not so sure he is as far removed from reggae as everyone keeps saying... maybe he just listened to the Dead a little more than most (LOL) - true a lot of Ben Harper type writing going on - but the music is very sparse and personal (The first thing I thought of was Redemption Song - maybe just because of my expectations)...it will be interesting for sure..
May 27, 2004 09:12AM
I have a very Diverse Musical ear, I Listen to almost everything I can get my hands on, other than "Down hill Rap" and country music. eww.
Rock, good old rock. Jazz, Blues - Instrumental death metal ( I guess you could call it) heavy, soft and My favorit. Tribalistic based music such as tribal drumming and old old rythums.
I want to learn more and more about old ritualistic drumming.
And I Love Reggea!!!!!!!
P.S. (Sorry my spelling blows)
Peace and love.
-PKW
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login