Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Midnite

Posted by dre 
dre
Midnite
May 31, 2004 08:48AM
I just want to give blessings and much love to Midnite. For those of you who have not seen them live, make sure you see them on the Sat. line-up!!!
Re: Midnite
May 31, 2004 04:07PM
Yes I ------------
Hail Midnite and the st croix crew....coming strong this season, give thanks!
Haile I Selassie I JAH RasTaFarI
May 31, 2004 06:21PM
alrite new midnite thread!_reggae on the river spelled dem name wrongsad smiley
Lord hav mercy*
sisterlil
May 31, 2004 09:49PM
Haile I Selassie I JAH RasTaFarI
Praise Midnite!!!.
Jah bless,
sister lil
thisriver
June 01, 2004 07:19AM
Does anyone know if more Midnite vinyl is on the way?
June 02, 2004 12:02AM
MIDNITE ... those bredren are the prophets in this time!! Hail the sistren Dezarie as well.. coming with the FIRE. I look forward to seeing the ones from St. Croix come through at Sierra Nevada... Give thanks
June 02, 2004 02:21PM
Dezarie's debut album, Fya, will be available on vinyl in about 3 or 4 weeks. You will be able to get it at Ernie B's or on the I Grade website (http://www.igraderecords.com). Also look out for a new debut album by a talented singjay named Yahadanai (coming in July).

Give thanks

June 02, 2004 04:40PM
Gave Thanks =)
GG
June 24, 2004 11:40PM
Am I the only one that gets freaked out by Midnite? This is not in a bad way mind you, but sometimes the music is just so dang rootsy I don't know how to handle it. It's soothing and yet at the same time makes me edgy. I can't fully explain this feeling and cannot understand at all how or why this is for me. I own an album and love it but this last weekend I was hearing tracks from other albums and it was just so deep and melodic I could almost not stand it. Does this happen to anyone else?
June 24, 2004 11:48PM
It's happened to me about 25 times now GG, each time i see Midnite. But to me it's just moving, not freaky at all. The first time i experienced something similar, musically, was seeing Bob at the greek in berkeley. I have felt a similar vibe with Ras Michael, The Mighty Diamonds and a few others. They are experiences that may be decades old but i can still see and feel it like it happened yesterday.
June 24, 2004 11:53PM
I don't know about edgy - but now I know what Bun N Cheese meant about having the super rootsy vibe going on foriver. Don't get me wrong - I enjoyed their set, and like the music - but they could use a bit more spark n fiya imo. I thought Ras Michael put on twice the show...
festival ongoer
June 25, 2004 12:07AM
i got that feeling watching burning spear saturday after i ate some magik chocolates!
PM dude
June 25, 2004 09:24AM
Trace-like. They put me in a trance. Some serious science mon....I wasn't a midnite fan going into this show, but now I see what everyone sees in them. They just put you there with those grooves. Voodoo mon...A very commanding performance.
June 25, 2004 08:43PM
yes Midnite with big ups yes. sweetest truth in the voices of Haile I

you cats should check out this sight. it offers lyrics and full track listenings of all the Midnite albums to date. [www.ireggae.com]

lots of love and roots.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login