Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

we want sizzla!

Posted by sando 
we want sizzla!
February 12, 2004 09:55AM
SNWMF must rise to the ocassion and blaze the chalwa with the one we call SIZZLA---- cause we solid as a rock and they can't stop us now......
Re: we want sizzla!
February 12, 2004 10:51AM
"We" doesnot include I.

I prefer that my ticket money go to some other Jamaican artist.
sando
February 13, 2004 11:30AM
now I know he was a no show a few years ago but ish happens-- forget about it-- Sizzla has mad talent and when he comes correct with his conscious lyrics his set is better than any Franti show. Oh and big up to Turbulence the future--such a tradgedy when a babylon bite like a termite in a mohagony.
February 13, 2004 11:32AM
sizzla on the leader riddim too
sando
February 13, 2004 11:50AM
yo i really like all the re-release riddims with new artists-- roooooooooooooots
February 13, 2004 11:57AM
I definatley want sizzla too. His no show was so disapointing... though Barrington Levy as his replacement was veeerrrrry cool...

C'mon SNWMF! Bring Sizzla!
February 13, 2004 11:58AM
Sizzla is going back to hus old style and really gives a good show...excellent show.
February 13, 2004 10:59PM
Sizzla wrecked the house in October @ Reggae in the Parf, San Fran.
I'd love to see him again.
sando
February 17, 2004 10:53AM
yo thats what i'm talking about sizzla,turbulence,and prezident all had great performances at reggae in the park--all concsious---
most of we DON'T want sizzla!
February 17, 2004 10:56AM

turbulence? yes

sizzla? NO
February 17, 2004 11:06AM
123 why no?
February 17, 2004 11:27AM
sizzla voted most slack artist...dancehallreggae.com
February 17, 2004 11:46AM

sorry to break this to you, sando, and others who still see Mr Collins as the kid who broke through in 1997-98.. but sales and other things have gone to his head and he is way off track. he has decided that he can mix badman and rasta business to best suit his personal wants and desires.

so here are the reasons i say "no sizzla":

1. he doesn't sing/deejay in key. not for the big % of his last 200 singles or his last several albums.. 'real thing' was close to good in a couple spots, mainly because Bobby Digital is a big enough producer to make sizzla re-work tunes in the studio sessions. mainly though his "music" output has been bad.

2. even if he did come in key, i don't want to be yelled at. he can save it.

3. what he is saying these days is way out of line. try this garbage:

[***sorry to SNWMF for posting this here... no offense if you remove this.. just trying to finally make this point]

SIZZLA - FIRST THING

(From Red Alert, 2003 Jet Star)

Nothing else ah give me di riches
Life Jah Jah give me me haffi live it
Nothing else ah give me di riches
Woman want me love, so me haffi give it

First thing, woman haffi gimme pum-pum
She says she up to it, up to it
She says she up to it, yo yo yo yo
First thing, woman haffi gimme de loving
First thing, woman say they want me loving
And them up to it

Yo, hey, she want cock her up, and lock her up, and black her up

She want me, use me something slap her up

But if she diss Selassie I, she no say me will slap her up
If she diss Emmanuel, she know me slap her up
If she diss Marcus Garvey, me slap her up
Anyway, me just nah go mash her up

Out of the ghetto, Kalonji go big her up
She no want not a freak come trick her up
She no want no man fi dumb nah kick her up
She say she want a royal youth fi uplift her up
Me give her de loving and feel up her clitoris

She says she up to it, yo yo yo yo
First thing, woman haffi gimme de loving
First thing, woman say they want me loving
And them up to it

Gi dem it straight
Gi dem it smooth
What she create is another baby, another youth
Love run di place, ah love mek we produce
Pagan ah get execute

Haffi love de woman ca de whole ah dem cute
Big up every woman cuz ah dem bring de youth
Yo yah now
And dem ah bear good fruit, speak de truth

First thing, woman haffi gimme di loving
Black woman ah gimme di loving

--
February 17, 2004 12:03PM
Sizzla Just came to houston and played excellent. He has abandoned his yelling. capleton style performence and was singing alot more. I have heard many good reviews from other cities about his performences lately too. I agree with 123 about his latest efforts, but he is still throwing out some good tunes. Once again...check out Sizzla on the leader riddim, and the river nile. Very good tunes.
jb welda
February 17, 2004 12:29PM
anyone who says "yo yo yo" more than once per album belongs on the leno show and not snwmf. thats my opinion and im sticking to it

one love
jah bill
February 17, 2004 12:38PM
big up...more opinions please...
February 17, 2004 11:45PM
First of all, Sizzla shouldn't be a request at SNWMF!!! He is the greatest show in reagge at this time but you can't try and bring an artist back to a place where he(or his manager, or sn, or etc.) seriously pissed the reggae massive off a couple years ago (maybe they will be ready for him in 2-3 years.) Second of all he just performed (like someone posted earlier) at Goldengate park. If you have not figured it out yet, that was a huge deal to get him to perform OutDoor in SF. He has not ever performed at any outDoor venue in N.Cali until recently(PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG). Sizzla was suppost to be at ROTR with Luciano(I think 97) and his then DISAGREEMENT with Luciano put a stop to that. Then he was suppost to perform in Goldengate park as a surprise performance in 2001? (he ended up doing an after hours at Club dread w/dj only after the MC at the park had led us on to believing we would see him there.) Then there was the unfortunate cancel at SN. He is not an easy artist to book for an outdoor summer show in California, that has been proven. The most important thing people need to realize about Sizzla, and all other reggae artist is that they are real people just like us. They say good things, and they say bad things. They do good, and sometimes they do bad. You can't honestly expect an artist to put out as many songs per year as Miguel Collins (Sizzla) does, without some songs that people think contain slackness.... If you really listen to Sizzla you would know that the percentage of slackness in his music is very low, however present. Again, these are real people we are talking about here : 12 songs about "I love rasta" are ok, when you make 4 albums a year that would be 48 songs about "I love rasta" and that even to me (a roots lover from day 1) would be borrrrriiiiiiinnnngggggng. I recently saw an interview with Jounior Kelly where he was bitching about the lack of UNITY in the business. He was talking about Capleton, Luciano, and Sizzla and how they are all divided and never working together. Isn't that the main message they all put out? YES, but this is a business just like any other, and most business owners of the same type DONT GET ALONG. Take the music for what it is worth, understand the positive message and bun out the negative!! Please remember they are all people just like you and I, they are not gods, prophets, kings, minister(well maybe someone is). LISTEN, RESPECT, DANCE, DISCUSS, BUT PLEASE DON'T JUDGE THESE PEOPLE...........BE GRACIOUS WE HAVE ALL DISCOVERED THIS RICH AND WONDERFUL POWER OF REGGAE MUSIC.

and that is my opinion,
spliffp
February 18, 2004 08:55AM
lets keep the opinions breif
Acacia
February 18, 2004 11:19AM
Why Keith? You don't have to read it if you don't want... Just sayin'

February 18, 2004 07:37PM
I agree about Sizzla being way off track. I no want to judge the man but I surely don't want to give him another dime of my cash for it just reinforce that his ludeness will pay off.
His works have gotten to be more than just 'not my style' but has really gotten to be fully offensive and degrading to I and most Ras' I deal with. The majority desires SNWMF artists to be uplifting- promoting the irie vibes amongst the idren in the crowd-and Sizzla just dosen't fit in that category anymore. (ever?)
And the bredren posting before is right-- Sizzla just don't even sound good. Word Sound Power is not present in him works these days. Sizzla makes a much better recording artist than a live NorCal performer.
I don't see this as 'judging' the man but judging what InI want to pay for and bear witness to.
February 19, 2004 11:56AM
-spliffp+all the artists you have mentioned have all worked together in way or another ,more than one time. not to big on the media dancehallreggae.com brings up in but they have been around a while now & have kept the good & bad news farley honest or they would not have gotten this far but anyways. for the i*'s veiw sizzla> iNi have it ruff now because he made the choice to follow some on "more" than just one or two bad riddims now. why he made that choice? maybe only H.I.M. can decide that. but nobody can blame iNi for what the peoples want to hear, slackness pon pause or not. i* know sizzla can pull it off if he puts is mind where is heart is but when he keeps dropping weak dubplates like dem going out of style, he will be acceptable to iNi critics like everyone else in dis here struggle. ites*
February 19, 2004 03:15PM
spliffp sey: BUT PLEASE DON'T JUDGE THESE PEOPLE...........

With all due respect, I dont have a clue what you mean by that.

Certainly we are entitled to JUDGE the artist's music. lyrics and the way he presents himself on stage. As far as his personal life, thats another matter...but if you "talk the talk" then I think you need to "walk the walk"...You know what I mean?
February 20, 2004 11:27AM
I'm starting to like the reasoning going on here, eveyone has made some good points. I'm rather young so i've grown up listening to sizzla but had no bias on ''judging" him. When I first heard his music I didn't know what to think of the harsh voice and many of my friends did not like his style. But as I got older and as sizzla matured his music began to grow on me. He may put out too many cd's with too many uninteresting songs-- but with the quantity he offers variety---this gives room forvideas to grow new branches on the tree of reggae-that's how reggae has grown from day one-look back to the days of ska -I bet you twenty years from now music critics will write that sizzla added alot to the evelutuion of reggae music. Some people do not like to see change in music(and life) they want everthing to stay the same. Sizzla on the other hand is looking forward to the future. And for the slackness--- I could probably pick lyrics from every single musician in the world that in some way could be considered slackness--there would be something wrong if it wasn't present in music today-because things are different today- balance is important--with the good there is bad--with the up there is down--- otherwise nothing would evolve- and music would be mute to creativity and individualistic expression
big up to everyone who has voiced their opinion.
Maybe mr. collins will read this thread and weave it into his next album(s)
bun n cheese
February 20, 2004 11:37AM
i was a huge sizzla fan back in the late 90's. his last decent album was "taking over" but even before then i was loosing interest.
the last year, i have been re-enjoying his work. 00-02 years were really low quality, but he is turning it around now me thinks.
its all about the producer.
snwmvet
February 20, 2004 01:19PM
I remember the no shows by Sizzla, but I can not knock him. No one knows the real reson why he didnt show other than what they hear through the grapevine (like everythnig else). Ive been a Sizzla fan for a while now and still think he's one of the top artists of his class. WHY ? many many tracks many albums very versitile , puts on great performances. Turbulance good to , sound alot like Sizzla at times. Whether he come to SN or not , big up to SIZZLA. Cant knock , he's done plentty of shows through out the U.S. in the last couple of years.

Much love to the people.
jb welda
February 20, 2004 02:21PM
>No one knows the real reson why he didnt show

that is not an accurate statement.

one love
jah bill
February 21, 2004 10:39AM
Please, what is the "real" reason.
spliffp
jb welda
February 22, 2004 09:58PM
spliffp, its really water under the bridge and no benefit will come from telling stories, right or wrong. but believe me, some people *do* know the real story...it isnt that tragic or anything, other things that were evidently more important to the man came up and he cancelled. imo it was kind of late in the game but it was honorable that at least he gave some small notice and attempted to have a legit story; others have not been so kind.

one love
jah bill
napabink
February 22, 2004 10:27PM
I think Sizzla got a taste of super stardom and now he is afraid to loose it. So he carries on like any other slack DJ, because the majority of the people want to hear slack. I also think the amount of music he is releasing is for the same reason...fear of the day he slips from the lime light. I got over him when he lost faith in the fanbase that first loved him. I'm not saying he should put out carbon copies of his already explored efforts. But I know he is capable of a much higher calibre of music than what we've witnessed in the last half of his career. Slack or not. But the slack turns me off big time. Time soon come when im tek im place longside man like......Shabba, Ninja, Supercat, and di whole a dem x-dancehall kings. Sorry I don't know of any good examples for washed up CONSCIOUS dancehall singers/djs. That's for the next generation, same way we haven't got brain cancer from cel phones yet. Fi di next generation to see. But how conscious is Sizzla really? He's meeting Beenie and Bounty half way with there ever so scarce references to Jah. How many babies from how many different baby mother, before it is WRONG? Before Sizzla can't even make enough money to support dem all? Are you ladies OK with this? Would any of you let him wax his johnson with you so it's nice and shiny for the next gyal? I hope he's wrappin' it up. Don't wanna go out like E-Z.
February 24, 2004 04:55PM
Sizzla........It's a love hate relationship. Two slack albums, one conscious albums. The Real Thing is his only recent LP that actually remind me of my old Sizzla favorites like "One Away, Babylon Homework, Dem a Wonder, Good Ways, Mek Dem Secure(love this one), Words of Devine" What happened to ya Fizzzla......Oh sorry I mean Sizzla.
February 25, 2004 10:18AM
yo napabink sounds like you ain't got nothin to talk about but slackness, let's hear some positive vibes for once.
napabink
February 25, 2004 05:27PM
yes sir
February 25, 2004 06:03PM
How about Sizzla in the dancehall ? After all he is a dancehall artist, right ? stuck in a paradox, slackness, conscious, slackness, conscious, come on guy, make up your mind...( in a sarcastic tone) he wouldn't be switching up just to sell records would he? Just one man's opinion. peace
February 27, 2004 09:04AM
sizzla in the dancehall would be huge
February 27, 2004 02:37PM
maxium respect to all the massive. Klongi is been real from the start. I belive that he,like other artists uses a lot of medifors. I personally like most of his new stuff, but it doesn't come close to his classic tunes... till it some more, the whole world, black woman and child, even Get to the point. all some of my fav's. so to all the people in charge have patince with reggae artists because they all have some kind of atitude. and its worth wading through it to get to the great music that they hold inside.
February 28, 2004 09:22AM
yo big up all da bostin --my ears will be tuned into KWMR this sunday big time reggae radio with dj's zorro,omatic,and e-quake---four sraight hours---whaaa
EPICENTER SOUND SYSTEM -you know!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login