Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

michael franti question?

Posted by Jahmeek 
michael franti question?
February 12, 2004 06:51PM
i've never really been to much of a big fan of michael franti in the hype form but have always giv'in him the up most RASpect to his works i* can offer to someone i* dont really listion to that much. he has proved himself thats is with no doubt as a mazzive diverse artist that comes with a original style compared to most. also have giv'in him credit for working with so many great artists/bands such as one of my favorites steel pulse & countless backings of great tours n' such. so i* want to get to my point here has ive seen the posted describtive profile on this website for him listed in a fact i* was unaware of, as follows: it is stated here that he supports "gayrights". personley i* could give a hoot less about there bloodclot political agendah as the i*ble states there future clear & i* dont need to waste energy on a doomed afterlife they will find so many ways to ignore as they are trying to cite away of. sometimes i* make commits when i* witness actions that literally make i* sick to i* stomach but still my opinion means nothing to them & thats their right to gwan on as long as they dont try to influence that in anyway in iNi childrens public classroom. where i* feel crosses their rights by far. so what my real question is before i* get to side tracked is: does anyone really know what this post is about? what did he really do for "gayrights"? how did he support this movement? did he give money? host a benifit concert? what did he actaully do in the name of "gayrights"? over>
bun n cheese
Re: michael franti question?
February 12, 2004 06:54PM
he wrote a song about it. let me see if I can find some lyrics...
February 12, 2004 07:04PM
jahmeek - i appreciate your most entertaining posts, there even is some useful information in some of them but why make a big deal about michael franti and his open-minded attitude? what does it matter to you if someone is gay, or supports gay rights? why in the name of freedom would you suppress someones rights when they are not infringing on yours? why not just keep quiet rather than stir up the pot?
February 12, 2004 07:10PM
no its ok to have opinion about someones beliefs just so long as you dont bash their music.
February 12, 2004 07:13PM
i saw him last night in Houston with ziggy marley. Franti is original and has good stage presence, and compared to ziggy was excellent. Ziggy, like last time I saw him was boring. I should have driven to Austin to see Julian.
February 12, 2004 07:14PM
-it is a question+ many people choose not to draw a side & thats is good to let nature draw it own course, no conflict dar. but so you know where im comeing from & going with this for your own question to be answered. i* would just like to know as i* would think since their are so many fans of his about in this group someone could answer that for i* easy without a problem. >forward^
bun n cheese
February 12, 2004 07:15PM
an interview @

[www.mediaed.org]

cant find the lyrics i was looking for.
will keep my eye out for them.
napabink
February 13, 2004 12:47AM
Jahmeek-
I find your posts more than entertaining. The word I would use is "inspiring". As to your question, I couldn't tell you what Franti has done. But I can tell you why.
No fear of God. Only fear of the way man see's him.
Dirtweed-
As to your question, "Why make such a big deal?". Because it is a big deal. Not to stop them from what they are doing, but to make sure they know that it IS wrong. And to elaborate...........

Leviticus 20:13-
If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have commited a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

more...............
Leviticus 18:22
Jude :7
Romans1:26-27
1 Corinthians 6:9
1 Timothy 1:10

This is what I believe, but I am not trying to force you to BELIEVE this, just trying to CONVINCE you, by posting what the Bible says on the matter. Or anyone for that matter. I don't think you even stated your view on the subject. So please don't take this as a personal attack. The way I see it, if people don't know, how can they make a sound decision? Respect.
-napabink

p.s.-why NOT stir up the pot?
bun n cheese
February 13, 2004 01:08AM
by your logic you have then proven to yourself you do not like laying with men?

napabink seh "The way I see it, if people don't know, how can they make a sound decision? "
February 13, 2004 01:27AM
"It ain't about who ya love,
it's all about do ya love."- M. Franti

i think those are the lyrics you mentioned

michael
Fish
February 13, 2004 04:27AM
Napabink, do you literally believe and follow every word in Leviticus?
When was the last time you sacrified an animal in atonement for your sins? Do you wear clothes made of two kinds of cloth? Do you think only physically perfect and unblemished men can be priests? Do you think that anyone who blasphemes the name of the Lord should be stoned to death? Do you think it's OK to buy slaves from neighboring nations?
If not, then why should you care about that passage to the exclusion of the rest?
Fish
February 13, 2004 07:53AM
Misphrased that last bit - according to Leviticus, wearing clothes made of two kinds of cloth is a sin. Go figure.
napabink
February 13, 2004 10:48AM
Fish-
There's 3 verses from the old testament, yes. There's also 3 from the new. I really just wrote that one out by chance. Because I don't expect people to look up all the verses. I doesn't sound like you have either. Seen? So, is it that you don't like the old testament or you don't like the Bible? I'm a new testament man myself, though I do not exlude or ignore anything in the Bible. Your post seems to be implying some things about me. You got something to say.....say it, Fish. I can't be exposed man, because I've got nothing to hide. But I'll answer your question anyway. Yes, I do literally believe every last word in Leviticus. Do I believe it's all intended to be literal, no. Do I live by every word, no. But none of us can. And none of us are expected to. Christ fulfilled the law, so we don't have to. I mean, Christ was without sin. He also died to atone for my sin. He is also our only means of reaching God the Father. So a priest wouldn't do me any good even if he was perfect and wearing the right thing. John 8:7- (Jesus speaking)"He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." And finally, I don't think slavery is right in any form. Man enslaves man, God doesn't enslave man. And slave or not, God is not partial and he loves us all the same. So thank God that the slavemaster has no claim on any man's soul.
B&C-
Ha Ha. And since I haven't been there, I'll just go ahead and rephrase my words.
If someone doesn't know it's wrong, they've got no reason to stop, except for avoiding being the victim of a hate crime. Maybe there are other reasons. I don't know. But I think you understand what I'm trying to say.
Peace and love to both of ya.
February 13, 2004 08:45PM
-give thanx+ nice upz all who have tryed to help i* enquiry. was an honest shot to try to get i* an answer, nuff RASpects. i* found the lyrics to be wise but still broad & does not support defination anymore than bob marleys "one love" song. did find other topics of great interest @ the link listed that were intriguing aswell including exact copy of profile listed here on this website but when i* proof read the interveiw transcripts it does not mention anything about gays @ all. at this point im getting weiry of who has made this profile & their motive if there can be no more further answers reveiled by www.mediaed.org or anywhere else. now i* am not sure if mr.franti knows that he is being used for a spokes mon on the movement. someone may or maynot want to confirm this with him if i* investigation turns to be true. so if anyone can further any details of solid answers about this issue it would be much appreciated. keep forward the vibes! ites*
February 13, 2004 09:04PM
don't give me that bible crap. what a crock. if that is how you base your life i truly feel sorry for you. no, do not attempt to make me feel guilty because i do not lead my life following a bunch of hypocritical hooey. according to you napabink 'i literally believe every word.... but i dont' think it is intended to be taken literally" huh? so which parts should be taken literally and which are not. is that just left up to each person to pick and choose? so you "don't exclude anything in the bible". well, where are your slaves dude? i live my life by what i see and feel, not what some storyteller put down in words and what some people accept as fact. take your bible-thumping somewhere else, i have a feeling that most people reading this board do not want to hear it and do not want to be preached to. go join up with another group of prodigious bible-thumpers (southern baptists) and see how much you are accepted by them.
Fish
February 13, 2004 09:05PM
My basic philosophy, napabink, is that the Bible is a book. It has some good teachings and wisdom in it, but being an old book, some of its contents - such as the condonement in Leviticus of buying slaves as long as they're not from your own nation - are outdated. I'm going to live my life based on what I personally think is the right way to treat fellow humans, not based on what some book says. If there's something in the book that seems like a good idea, then I might decide to agree with it, but I'm going to make that decision based on the merit of the idea - not just assume that everything in the book is true.

As far as I'm concerned, homosexuality in and of itself is not a crime against another person. Two people of the same sex doing what they want behind closed doors is their business; it does not harm or take advantage of others. Why should you judge somebody on a private action that harms noone?
I know gay people who are kind, thoughful, considerate, and generous, and because of this I consider them to be good people. I think anybody who sees fit to call their actions "wrong" ought to take a careful look at themselves - it's a lot more difficult to live your own life in a way that is respectful and kind to others than to point the finger.

Come to think of it, doesn't the Bible have some passages about not judging others? Hmmm . . .
napabink
February 13, 2004 11:53PM
Fish-
I didn't judge anyone. My finger is pointed at the sin, not the sinner. Jah alone can judge us. I too have people I care about who practice homosexuality. I don't love them any less for it. Many people share your views on the subjects of both the Bible and homosexuality. And something I can't change by keeping quiet. But I don't think anybody misunderstood me, so, I can agree to disagree.
Dirtweed-
Sorry you feel that way. But try to accept me for who I am. It works both ways. And beware of satan illusion. Done.
napabink
February 14, 2004 01:15AM
Just an after thought.....Crime against man and sin against God are not the same.
Ann
February 14, 2004 02:17AM
I just wanted to add that there are numerous examples in nature where other organisms display homosexual behavior, would god condemn them as well? I think it is best not to judge that which you do not fully understand and If you have great faith in god, then let him be the judge. Peace
February 14, 2004 04:16AM
does anyone else find it ironic that rasta would advocate the oppression of a minority group? Maybe i am naieve, (and i don't even know how to spell naieve!) but i think prejudice is prejudice and love is love. only love can overcome hate and fear. i'm not gay, but gays don't seem so scary to me. then again i am from san francisco! winking smiley
February 15, 2004 02:24AM
Well Isistren give highest of thanks that InI will be in the presence of some like mind Bredren and Sistren in the Most High this year at SNWMF. I have been observing this list for some time and have seen that there is truly a division present:
#1 Those that praise and glorify the Most High, even in the often hostile environment of the ungodly and that gather at reggae venues for higher livity in support of what ROOTS music is all about
and #2 Those who just dig reggae and shout out JAH and Selassie I along with the lyrics
I give thanks that all ones are gathered here in honor of the music. For InI that truly uphold JAHword- remember that ones are taught that through InI example those without HIM might be brought unto HIS fold. In due time.
I must admit that partaking in reggae shows is become harder for I for the scene has drifted further away from the glory of JAH. But true warriors na give up....few mightylions in the crowd these days but ones know ones when them see ones.
Blessing napabink and jahmeek...may InI gather and reason upon the higher tings this season. Who can blame the real Ras' for wanting a venue of pure heart and spirit???
No less love for all. Seen. But the ungodly attempt at fyah burn upon those of righteousness will never bear fruit. So raspect ones of faith here and there. We no hafe support gay, no hafe support you and you IPA--- you no hafe support InI. But ones can show kindness and keep them wicked tongues in check....doing the whole Earth good that way.
Like jahmeek say on another thread-- you set up ya 'free speech' stage and see how long ones stay in ya presence. But ya all coming to bow at the feet of the Rastaman this year, no??? Ya paying good money to listen to him praise and glorify the Father and listen to him 'preaching' all along. Half of them songs based on Scripture!!!! Thought you knew.
Check it.
blessings,
Sis April Joseph
February 16, 2004 03:20AM
I was taught by a good roots woman and i know when to stop climbing up dat tree...Much raspect Sister, much raspect to the ones of faith who bring da culture. consider my tongue in check...Peace and Love
Goatfoot
February 16, 2004 06:42PM
hehehe....so what about that drum circle under the earth flag this year? Just saying....KingCaliWolf wrote:
February 17, 2004 03:00AM
As Ann said, there are many species flora and fauna who exhibit same sex get togethers.But let's not reduce homo or heterosexuality to a bedroom issue. Very dangerous ground. Love is love is love.
As for the bible is it a guide among many guides, a tool among many tools, and many myths written by fearful and wicked MEN lie within it's covers, as do many beautiful truths.
For an other than human species example I mentioned above..Look to the Bonobo's, a prime primate. Does God condem their sins as well? Or once again are we humans thinkging that we are the top of the pantheon of earth dwelling species. Again very dangerous ground. The earth is round and so is life. So hell will be populated by gay men and women from the castro and the bonobos?
When we are all stardust together again, will these moral semantics factor?
Look above and beyond what appears to be and someday you too shall see.
Love, and I mean that universally, Adaria

tv man
February 17, 2004 08:05PM
I don't understand how Michael Franti's personal life is an issue for discussion on this message board. The way I see it, you either like his music, or you don't - what's his private life got to do with anything about liking or not liking his music?
I saw him at a festival last year, and was not impressed - so I'll probably just go listen to some of the other artists during his set.
February 17, 2004 08:20PM
TV Man is right....Franti is nothing special. But it is not his personal beliefs that make me feel that way.
jb welda
February 17, 2004 08:24PM
say, i hate to rain on anyones parade, but arent there some activities in the (other than human) animal kingdom that we as humans are typically not 100% in support of in the human branch of said kingdom? my point is, just because something is done in the animal kingdom generally, we as humans are supposed to be above some such behaviour, or at least that would be the point of "civilization" if i remember my social studies classes correctly. this doesnt necessarily apply directly to the "gay issue" but i will leave it to the reader to draw their own conclusions.

one love
jah bill
February 18, 2004 12:56AM
Big up to TribeAllUnderJah and Napabink, for not being afriad to speak the truth. We are not here to hate only to love, I love all people reguardless of race, sexual orientation, etc. You can still love people and hate sin. I am a sinner as well yet I believe homosexuality is not in god's plan for us, nethier is even having impure thoughts.
"It has been said that is a sin to commit adultry, but I say even if you look at a woman with lustfull thoughts you have already commited adultry in your heart" -Jesus
He did not come to condem the world with these statements he came to save it. This was said to prove to the scribes and pharisees that even though they kept an outward apperance of being holy and righteous their hearts are the same as every man, and that every man is equal in sin as another. Only through the grace of Jah we are saved and worthy to enter zion. I am in sin just as much as a homosexual for my crimes against God. That is why I praise his name, because I am not worthy of the love and grace he has given to me and offers to all of humanity. You only truly change the world with Jah love and sharing the truths of the new testament. And no we don't have to sacrafice animals, we are under a new "higher-Ights"covanent with God, and the law of the old testament do not apply, thank Jah.
Jah Bless
ForwardZion.......................
Ann
February 18, 2004 02:08AM
Jah Bill brings up an excellant point and from a philosophical view we are very different than the lower primates and other animals, otherwise we could never have changed so drasticly the face of this world as we have. From a biological perspective there are basic animal needs and instincts and we as humans have the ability to reason and make choices about those needs/instincts. It is because animals are so different, they don't have there laws and society which can cloud many issues, that I like to use them as a basis for helping me understand what may not be "normal" human behavior but possibly might be natural under some circumstances. Anyway I will be the first to admit that this is a very complex issue and I don't have the answer but it is because it is so complex that I choose to withold my judgement. I don't mean any disrespect to others on this message board or there beliefs, disscusion is always a good thing. Peace and Unity
February 18, 2004 02:38AM
There are many species in the animal kingdom that have multiple offspring yet neglect to feed all but one. Even killing their own offspring, tossing them outta the nest, snapping them neck. Shall InI imitate these creatures??? Or maybe our men should practice sodomy to reinforce the tribal underling males' submission??? Because therein lies a great excuse...for that wouldn't really be homosexuality-- just machismo. How about that? keep all in check that way.
Yeah, right sistren. Some animals do it...why not us? Go tell it upon the Most High.
See, it is cities like Sodom that look to animals to gain insight into how they shall act amongst their human tribes. Yes I, these same cities crumble under their own corruption. RasTaFari be sitting by the wayside chanting it down to the ground. blessed! While you and yours wondering how your wisdom fail ya. For InI know heartically that as babylion indeed grow in wisdom daily, they get no closer to the truth. While the MightyLion is as was yesterday, today and forIver more. Selah.
If we are to be stardust 'again' that is saying that we have no soul. I say, YES I SISTREN you are right. The ungodly are living without the soul- the true spirit of the Most High as revealed through the Holy Spirit- and they will be stardust after judgement come. Floating endlessly in cold, empty space, alone and so very far from the TRUELIGHT. That my sistren is hell. That is not the destiny of InI.
So sistren, I would counsel the I to look beyond what appears to be and someday you, too, shall see. But maybe the I is gifted of prophecy and foresight. And what ya seeing floating in space is what is awaiting the I?? Will moral semantics matter then? Not to the ungodly, no. It will be to late for morals to set in then. But you knew that already. you see the earth is round.....and here we are, right around again.
Right round to the temple of the Living God. For black words on white paper are just that without the blessed gift of the Holy Spirit to confirm upon I hearts that what we are reading is of truth or the adversary. The Spirit can not dwell in unclean places. Ask and it shall be gifted unto you. prepare a place...till a fertile ground. That black words may grow as seeds of wonder into beautiful fruits. Plant yourself by the rivers of water that you might bear fruit in due season. The fruit of the Spirit is Love.
I see many not reading the Bible. Seen. But ya all are listening to reggae music, right? One in the same. Same words from on High. same precepts. Same glory of JAH, same Irit irations.
Blessed Love and Light that cometh only from HIM,
Sis April Joseph
February 18, 2004 07:55AM
TribeAllUnderJah give us life to live so let us live!
The kingdom of Jah began as mustard seed so small none could account
Yet this same seed grow into a mighty tree that all creatures may find solace and refuge.
Sodom bun down make way for the kingdom through us......
I an I must chant wit a dub........
"The Kingdom of Jah is inside of we,
not inna a sky want they want you to believe.
Judgement a come..spirit be seen
knee will bown tounges shall be tellin dem a see,
one on the white horse rule over we.
The false prophet and the beast a go down in the sea,
sulpher and fire gonna cleanse wicked deeds.
Purify your heart with grace and forgiving,
why jugde another when the book is already writing
Jah love the sheep while the goat get flinging
give to another then you give to the king.
I sing praise fore' my days are ending
For H.I.M. love is neverending........"
ForwardZion
February 18, 2004 02:19PM
Yes I! Forwarding on to the Holy Mount, ZION!!! Live up Bredren. yes I. Keep a firm meditation
King of Kings Lord of Lords
Hail the Mighty Conquerer
The Lion of Judah, Root of David
He that is Most Worthy of Praise
Haile I Selassie The First and Foremost
RASTAFARI ever faithful
bun n cheese
February 18, 2004 04:06PM
you sound like a used car salesperson for Jah.
February 18, 2004 07:03PM
And your words are as rotten as that putrid cheese way up inna ya bun. Appropriate name, no less. vomitting out ya nonsense, incessantly on this board. I say before--- leave I alone.
February 18, 2004 07:14PM
wow triballunderjah - nice talk. ya know, bun&cheeze makes much more sense than your gibberish filled posts. maybe you should go back and read your bible about throwing stones. be aware that not everyone that listens to reggae is a mindless religious zealot. you preachers are doing a great job driving a wedge into the message board. chill out dude.
Angels feet
February 18, 2004 07:14PM
Oh, was that you that asked me to leave you alone?

Sorry, ill back way.

So you never answered my question...

How is the Dallas scene? Is the Royal Rack still around? I think I have seen the Carribean Grill in Farmers Branch is still in session. What about in Deep Ellum? I know that place changed hands some years ago. Is it still around?
bun n cheese
February 18, 2004 07:18PM
dirtweed, judging by the response, I dont think TribeALLunderJAH is a dude.
poppatop
February 18, 2004 08:02PM
hi, nice discussion going on. Anyone know when the homeroom monitor is coming around?
February 18, 2004 08:09PM
Ok- please forgive I. I crossed the line. I could not resist the pun on the bun. Seen? InI not a perfected being....but with a name like that bredren ya asking for question!
Dirtweed- I see who ya are. No bother I. You, too could atleast take on a kind name- unless you really are the dirtweed kingpin of central cal. Or that's all ya can afford. or grow. I see it as a self-degrading name. Kinda hard to respect the dirt. I no draw off the dirtweed. ya know?
Anyway- I sistren am for Inity onna this site. Pardon I. For now on you two are AngelsFeet and CleanGreen in I book and in I heart. Said.
I know nothing of Dallas bredren. I just held up here for a short while...just catching plenty o' bluegrass around this space. I do think the Royal Rack is gone. I don't do the bar/club thing.
Blessed....
bun n cheese
February 18, 2004 08:28PM
FYI, bun and cheese is a christmas tradition in JA. Bun is similar to fruitcake(you dont think id call myself fruitcake do you?) and cheese is a curd like cottage cheese.

also, it is a sexual inuendo.
"she are the bun
mi are the cheese
must go between" - Robert Ffrench

So, with some much symbolism i thought it the perfect name. been using it on here for a couple of years.

too bad about the royal rack. so many memories...
"all those movies
all those parties
all those dances
that we been to" - Earl Sixteen
February 18, 2004 09:23PM
oh so you think my name is self-degrading? i care less what you think about my name. my name was given to me by friends for reasons you have no business knowing and has nothing to do with smoking. as far as my affording or growing, my last crop was killer and even you would say so should you be fortunate enough to sample which you won't. and if i did ever have to buy i can afford whatever i want. so good for you, don't respect the dirt but dirt is where you will be when your time here is over.
February 18, 2004 09:35PM
Right on Mr clean. Shine that spirit of hostility! Let it shine, let it shine.

I did not know that about the bun & cheese. I don't do the dairy or Christmas thing. But ofcourse I picked up on the sexual inuendo.

So back to the hostility- it's your turn to fume, right Mr Dank Crop??
February 18, 2004 09:48PM
not fuming ms nastyblahblahblahrighteous - you seem to want to keep going so go go go girl. like a rabid dog - you bite then go back to being docile.
Ann
February 18, 2004 09:52PM
Actually, you have been by far the most hostile person on this topic. It's interesting that those who come off to be the most self righteous end up often being the biggest hippocrite.
ODB
February 18, 2004 10:04PM
What happened to the topic? Is it past nap time for everyone? SMOKE BREAK PLEASE!
February 18, 2004 10:34PM
it is not i who speaks of "kindness and keep wicked tongue in check" yet spew forth rotten putrid vomitting and (how childish) make fun of names. i have never attempted to portray myself as "self-righteous" as others have. be careful - flowery and vague words do not mean one is right any more than hard words mean one is wrong.
bun n cheese
February 18, 2004 10:38PM
dirtweed, are you a hot gyal?

seems like there was a hot gyal on here with a "dirt" handle of sorts.
February 18, 2004 10:58PM
last year i was hot gyal, this year it appears i am bad bwoy. i like hot gyal better.
bun n cheese
February 18, 2004 11:05PM
dont drink, dont smoke, dont cheese, dont santa.

what do you do besides get your corn from a jar?
bun n cheese
February 18, 2004 11:21PM
i'd hoped you would pick up on this...

"Corn won't grow at all on Rocky Top
Dirt's too rocky by far
That's why all the folks on Rocky Top
Get their corn from a jar" - The Osborne Brothers

Dirt IS too rocky!
Ann
February 19, 2004 12:24AM
Dirtweed, sorry, my post regarding being hostile was not directed at you, it was intended to be in defense of you. I should have made that more clear. Peace
napabink
February 19, 2004 01:56AM
Any one who wants to know if there is a God for sure. Pray and ask Him to change your heart. He will come into your life and make ALL things new. I encourage anyone who hasn't, to do this. Then no one will need to take I word for it. Pride is our enemy. It is of the world, not of God. And it is one of the very things that keeps us from God. God requires our faith, BEFORE, he reveals himself to us. And through our faith He showers us with His grace. Let us sight up our OWN lives and weed out the pride. We don't have to be exposed and humiliated before man to change, only humbled before God. And this is the same for us all. I pray. And when I pray, I pray for all who don't seek His face, that He will show mercy, and change their hearts. Because it is our lack of faith in God, alone, that will destroy us. Peace and Love to all here.
TribeAll UnderJah...............don't be drawn into such futile arguments. You have an advocate in the father, Jesus Christ, who if you believe in Him will present you righteous before the father.
Proverbs 15:5-The eyes of the Lord are in every place, watching the evil and the good.
February 19, 2004 03:23AM
A woman lacking discretion is like a fine gold ring in a pig's snout. -proverbs

I am guilty of lack of discretion today. Please forgive I for that.

I did not have a wicked intention and I know email is hard to judge the vibe of. Mr. Dirtweed, I really was coming with more of a playful banter-a little jab in the side- in my post about your name, and Bunz, too. I had no idea you were that easy to break. I assumed since you were dishing it out big you could take a little, too. Sorry to have hurt your feelings and I truly mean that.

You won't hear anything of that sort outta I again. I know you need the last word...so feel free. Then lets drop it, eh?
And Bunz- I think a seed of respect for you has been planted AND watered in I heart today. Just thought you should know that.
In humility,
Sis April joseph
jb welda
February 19, 2004 06:20AM
ok you kids, dont make me come over there!

and you, pop, watch ya self!

hey poppatop, you gonna be at sly and robbie friday in the city?

one love
jah bill
bun n cheese
February 19, 2004 05:06PM
bless
February 23, 2004 06:10PM
Does anyone find it Ironic that Rasta's Would make such a fuss over such a small Religious/personal freedom movment i call Gay rights actavist. I mean c'mon My brothers does it really matter what one believes nor ones Openminded ness to what many believe (Franti). RESPECT RESPECT RESPECT.
Like before Its not who you love its do you love? and whom might you hate?
Hate and discrimination is human nature yet to develop universol love by opening our ever openalbe eyes you will find, Its just a minor thing and we are Minor kings!
This has been the Young one!

There is no way to peace, The way is Peace

Peace & Love
napabink
February 23, 2004 11:44PM
If someone sees irony in the Rastafari view of homosexuality as it relates to the rest of their beliefs, they have more to learn about Rastafari ideology. OR... Rastafari just does not measure up to this certain person's requirements for a spiritual discipline. Rastafari does not conform to anyone for the purpose of including them. If you haven't seen the connection between their views of homosexuality and the rest of their doctrine, then I encourage you to research it. Maybe that will help you overstand, if not also change your mind.
bun n cheese
February 25, 2004 09:14AM
indeed, rasta is for those people who require a faith.
reggae is for everyone to enjoy.

"different strokes for different folks
so raise your glass to reggae music cause it's all of the toast" - sugar minott
February 26, 2004 08:34PM
Well put Mr Bun&Cheese,not all good jamaican music is 'rasta', and not all
rasta music is the good jamaican stuff(evah notice how a whole-lotta of the, shall we say, off-island reggae artists seems to be the most gotta-wear-religion-on-their-sleeve types? ) I don't question spirituality, just dem who must puff up and pontificate. 'Render your heart and not your garments' indeed.

Oh, here's a story. I wuz in JA once @ show in Santa Cruz, listening to
Capleton doing one of his 'burn down de batty-man' diatribes, & so I said to the
two Jamaican couples I was hanging with , DAMN, can't he talk about ANYTHING else---YOU AIN'T GOT A BATTY-MAN PROBLEM IN JAMAICA!!WHAT DOES HE MEAN 'BATTY-MAN-PROBLEM???!! Last time I saw ANYTHING you could call a 'batty-man problem' here was two gay guys from New York having an argument
while standing in a bank line in Negril ---and they was stayin' at an inclusive! So where's the damn problem? You got a LOT bigger a problem here in Jamaica with grown men runnin' down under-age girls, girls who ain't even 14, why don't he talk about that ****?!?" By the end of my tirade the women were grinnin' and agreein' and the men were looking at their feet.

Yes, Jamaicans tend to be a homophobic group. If I wuz gay, why, I'd probably not visit there. Lord, think of all the records I would nevah have found....
February 27, 2004 02:03AM
the very word "homophobic" is not even a foundation in communication. it was invented by patrons of fowl behavior to overmind the cornerstone of "morality".
February 27, 2004 02:45AM
Patrons of fowl behavior? Leave them poor damn birds alone!
There is nothing wrong with my identification with the stardust of the universe, which to me is the absolute perfect creative expression, Ms. April, and the universe is certainly not hell. I feel you had said several times during your mildly firey (ahem) diatribe that I was soulless....nice words from a woman of God. Do you think that I am godless? How dare you assume that from my words. I am probably the most godly person who doesn't spew passages from the bible you'll ever meet. Any seeds of respect I may have had for you are now in the compost enriching the earth again. Please do not respond if you are going to spew ungodlike rhetoric at me again. Your dogma peed on my llama.
Peace, A3
February 27, 2004 03:39AM
-A3+ how dare you. you say. ward twisted expressions of identification for you may have direct commits of i* character mixxed up with someone else that seems obvious but anyways where is the true answer here to the original question these days? more borderation is still growing when gayrights seems to be such a load of hype ,as more important issues are still dead ringers to this agendah. to much mix-up mix-up! more fiyah pon dis critical spew you mentioned more than one time in your reply. still cant knock iNi persistance for it is more solid than your soiled rock. some think you have to be a shut mouth piece to earn respect inna wicked society. for yes everything may glide better in good time or place. in some ways this may be true in the humble concept of" who JAH bless no man curse ". but i* know many good RASTA mon & RASTA womb-mon who have been attacked perspicacious this same way for there runnings with disillusioned common law & so on because they chant differnt ideas that dont interfere anything besides the very excistance of living alone. just like sodom & gomorah history lessons or todays living side to deal with. so bun dem up RAS dont be affaird of the wolf pack, ect. keeping it real like a true seed planted by the rivers of water. JAH LIVE* !
napabink
February 27, 2004 10:44AM
Thank goodness some people's opinion's on this board are based on GOOD morals. I feel sorry for people whose lives are defined by their sex life.
February 27, 2004 04:20PM
Good and evil are relative. Morals are either defined by hegemony or realized by the wise within themselves. depends on where we stand on the path.

We are all one. Feeling sorry for dem is feeling sorry for us all. How about respect? I hereby decree respect for all sentient beings, whatever thier path is in this universe. I will not interefere with pity or harm.

The music is our common groundation. We all have a heartbeat. Solid foundation. There is nothing to fear from the wolf pack. In fact there is nothing to fear at all. And it is dem wolves in sheeps clothing that especially need Jah love.

Great message board. Great minds sharing great thoughts and grappling with challenging concepts. Give Thanks! Trod on!

Peace and Love
napabink
February 27, 2004 04:46PM
Good and evil have never, and will never be reletive to anything but standard set by the one who created them. God. And unfortunately, man thinks he has the right to re-write these, and set his own standards. We should sight up His law as it has been well revealed to us.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login