Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Peter Broggs 'Igzabihir Yakal'

Posted by Sista Irie 
Peter Broggs 'Igzabihir Yakal'
November 20, 2005 04:08PM
The upcoming cd from Peter Broggs was recorded before his stroke. The proceeds from this new cd, when it is released will go to help Peter's recovery.
Colleen, Peter's partner, sent me this update recently on his condition. I know many of us pray for Peter's continual recovery.

"Peter's condition has not changed much in the last 6 months- speech is good some days and other days not so good- his fingers are moving in his right hand a little bit so be have hope that his hand will come back but he is still not getting proper medical care." colleen colman

you will be able to find out more about the album when it is released at
www.peterbroggs.com

Post Edited (11-20-05 08:09)

"love shines brighter than the morning sun"
Re: Peter Broggs 'Igzabihir Yakal'
November 20, 2005 04:24PM
Having heard the tracks on this album, all I can say is that the riddims are at least AS LARGE as the ones on Sinead O'conner's album, and the vocals are, let's just say, far more to my liking than on Throw Down Your Arms.....

MASSIVE project from the 'International Farmer'
Kel-I Bubbler
November 21, 2005 12:39AM
Can't wait to get my hands on a copy. Any idea what the release date is?
November 21, 2005 01:56AM
Colleen hopes it will be very soon. She is going to Jamaica this week to see Peter and will have more news when she gets back. Here is some more about Peter's health:

"peters current health is slowly improving- he has lost an enormous amount of weight and is still weak but he is trying hard to exercise and build back his strength- his sight is about the same- one eye is gone and the other eye after both surgeries is maintaining-"

It has been very difficult for him. He is unable to work and the cost of even going to the doctor is prohibitive. Hopefully, the cd will help raise badly needed funds.

November 21, 2005 03:27AM
I'll buy one for sure. And the vinyl too.=) And the single too.=)
-Stevo
one heart
November 21, 2005 05:57PM
Sending good vibes for Peter's recovery. I met him on the beach in Negril on my first trip there. It was quite an interesting exchange, especially since I didn't let on that I new who he was....but it turns out that he is a friend of some good friends of mine and is indeed a kind and generous soul. Let's support him in any way that we can. Peace
November 21, 2005 11:27PM
I guess if we all buy the cd that will be the best way to help. It sure is a beautiful cover.

November 21, 2005 11:58PM
And the music inside is even better!!!!!!!
matt
November 22, 2005 03:04AM
is there a way to view the cover fully. i'd love to see who the musicians are and where was it recorded at and such.
nuff prayers towards the international farmer.
November 22, 2005 03:13AM
December 21, 2005 03:14AM
I just wanted to let everyone know that this album is now available at:
[www.majesticmusic.info]

In addition to being a GREAT album, all profits from this project will be donated to Peter Broggs and his family as an assistance in his continuing struggle back to health.

HIGHPRAISE
December 21, 2005 05:54AM
December 28, 2005 03:10AM
A GREAT album now available at Ernie B's......

[www.ebreggae.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login