Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

South Melones RollCall

Posted by Sis April 
South Melones RollCall
June 07, 2004 01:24PM
Blessed Love and Light---

Let all the I's planning on camping Thursday night at the south melones campground sound. Also tell the number of folks planning on coming with ya'll so mama can hook up the butter for everyI.
Sis April
Re: South Melones RollCall
June 07, 2004 01:36PM
2 of us! (hopefully 3 - 1 still undecided). Can't wait Sis April - I'll be in touch real soon...

One step forward!
June 07, 2004 01:52PM

Hi Sistren April,

Irie I JAH Rastafari!! Nyabinghi Chant down the wicked and unjust.

Much luv and peace sister. I can't wait to see you and the melon

campers, you bring such IRIE vibrations and great spirit, we will all

meet up during this divine celebration of light and livity.

One Luv,
Ras Mosis
Misty
June 07, 2004 10:05PM
My family and friends refuse to camp at Melones on Thurs. night. They want to camp roadside. I keep trying to tell them that is a no go but they are insistant. Can someone please reply and let them know we must stay at Melones!
Thanks smiling smiley
June 07, 2004 10:06PM
I give humble thanks, bredren. Just a few days away... it's time to start organizing so all the boardfolks can meet together.
June 07, 2004 10:13PM
Camp roadside= Cops with bright lights in your windows at night

Simple solution------LEGAL CAMPING
Misty
June 07, 2004 10:16PM
Give thanks for the reply I was just checking the map and am getting nowhere! How do you reach Melones???
June 07, 2004 11:41PM
Hello Misty - check this out:
[www.anglernet.com]
It would be SOOOOO much better than camping roadside (this is NOT ROTR). I think it's very cheap - like $14:00 a campsite (up to 8 people with 2 vehicles). And as MountainGirl pointed out - the gates do close fairly early (have to call to find out when).

By the way - the south campground is actually called the Tuttletown Rec. Area and I believe the Manzanita Campground is the one we need (there are two parts - I don't think you can take the bus to the other part Sis April)
jb welda
June 08, 2004 09:14AM
for those for an interest in history, you should look up the history of new melones dam and especially the struggle of those who attempted to prevent the flooding of the once beautiful valley now at the bottom of another lake of the privileged. i remember friends of mine chaining themselves to trees to prevent the place being flooded. didnt work of course. but i dont even go there because of that time and circumstance.

one love
jah bill
June 08, 2004 12:16PM
I had no idea, thanks for the info JB
June 09, 2004 08:25AM
Jah Bill! - you went and put the voodoo pon di campscene! Now nobody has the heart to stay near the reservoir! Stop that!

Just joking JB - I respect what your friends were fighting for, I would be mighty upset if someone started flooding the redwood grove I grew up near, but for an out of towner like myself who loves the outdoors it is the logical choice...

Perhaps using the reservoir for such an upful purpose is more true to the spirit of what your friends stood for, than if it were to not be used at all..

Just staying on the positive...Perfect Peace all!
jb welda
June 09, 2004 08:58AM
i think you folks will bring good vibes to the place, just take a moment to meditate on what used to be.

one love
jah bill
June 09, 2004 10:08AM
Don't worry JB - I got the sage, and WILL reflect upon the history....

I just called (877-444-6777) and yes you can make reservations (I just did!). The gates are open until 11:00 at Manzanita Campground (Tuttletown Recreation Area). I have site #3 (wherever that may be). I think it's 8:00/person (the site says 8:00, but they charged me $16.00 for the 2 of us). She said something about group reservations being able to get the lock combination for the gate, but I plan on being settled down way before 11:00! Hope you can make it!
June 10, 2004 02:27AM
Bringin this one back to the top...

Oh yeah - she also said there are sites left (she said a few) and that you can get camping passes at the gate. morning all!
June 10, 2004 09:51AM
Yes I-

InI got site number 4.....

Acorn Loop it up!
June 10, 2004 12:51PM
IRIE!
Sis April Joseph I
June 10, 2004 03:14PM
Anyone else coming?
dirtweed
June 10, 2004 03:15PM
can i come?
15_Year_ROTR_Vet
June 10, 2004 04:08PM
I want to, but I might not make 10:00 pm cutoff
Sis April Joseph I
June 11, 2004 11:59AM
I was told the cutoff time was 11pm by the folks I paid for the site.
All are welcome..........
Sis April Joseph I
June 11, 2004 12:47PM
And the total cost of the campsites are $16 for a max of 8 people. Not $8 each person. JFYI
June 11, 2004 01:18PM
8 people and 2 vehicles per site too! (in fact I should have said 2 vehicles when I signed up - coulda shared the space! - something to think about...)
June 11, 2004 01:25PM
Sis carol. two people one car may we join yer camp? Will split price.
Much luv~~~~~~~~
June 11, 2004 01:30PM
Sorry for typo I ment sis april..
June 11, 2004 01:39PM
Sister Carol? As in the culture queen? Hell yes! LOL - whichever Carol you may be, that would be awesome, sure! E-mail me (dubguy@dubimagery.com) and we can work it out..

"Dread natty dread, natty dread, natty congoooo - o - o - oh"
June 11, 2004 01:42PM
Oh - that makes more sense... I think she has a whole busload of folks, but our sites are side by side - either way, you're more than welcome. If you don't like drumming you might want to camp far away from us.. otherwise, join the gathering! ;-)
June 11, 2004 02:15PM
Gwann dubguy!! have emailed you waiting on reply.
Much luv~~~~~~
Sis April
June 12, 2004 09:28AM
Lets keep this thread alive so InI can get a good idea of how many folks to expect
June 12, 2004 09:34AM
Hey Sis April - starcongo and friend will be joining us. Possibly one more...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login