Advanced

ST. CROIX UNIFICATION VIBRATION REGGAE BAND FESTIVAL

Posted by Liz Llanos 
December 18, 2005 12:36PM
Showcase of Virgin Islands Reggae Bands & Artists scheduled for December 24th

by Liz Llanos, Marketing Director/marketing@mtneborecords.com/202-270-3966

(Washington, D.C.) December 16, 2005, SOUND V.I.ZION RECORDS, in association with Musicians United, presents the St. Croix Unification Vibration Reggae Band Festival at the Island Center for Performing Arts on December 24, 2005. The lineup of artists and bands includes the legendary ZIONIERS featuring Batch & Ras Attitude(SOUND V.I.ZION RECORDS); GRAVITY featuring Ankh Watep, The Great Abu, and I-Locks; RED-I featuring Niyorah, Ancient King, and Abja (I-Grade Recordswinking smiley BAMBÚ STATION with Lady Passion and Iba (Mt. Nebo Recordswinking smiley AFTERSHOK featuring Mada Nile, Katalyss, and Mr. Adlai on saxophone; DAPP featuring Jr. P; JACOBSEED; and REGGAE BUBBLERS.

The 2005 St. Croix Unification Vibration Reggae Band Festival marks the fifth year that SOUND V.I.ZION RECORDS and Musicians United have promoted a Unity-based reggae showcase. This year, however, their concept of developing a family-oriented festival has come to fruition. According to Batch, of SOUND V.I.ZION RECORDS, “this is an opportunity for a cross section of veteran musicians to come forth in the strength of unity to showcase themselves and their talent. With an all-day event, we are finally able to offer the families in our community an opportunity to consciously come together, both physically and mentally.” With the family unit in mind, the festival begins at 12 noon and will include various youth-based activities in addition to the live performances.

This will not be the first time that artists from Mt. Nebo Records and SOUND V.I.ZION RECORDS have shared the stage. Back in June 2005, V.I. artists Army, Bambú Station (Nebo,) Iba (Nebo,) Pressure, Batch & Ras Attitude (SOUND V.I.ZION,) and the Zioniers band rocked the crowd at the 12th Annual Sierra Nevada World Music Festival in Angels Camp, CA. West Coast Promoter, Mike Kelly, asserted that "with the exception of the Abyssinians, The V.I. Crew was the saving grace for Cultural Roots at this festival." The highlight of the event was when all the V.I. artists returned to the stage during Bambú Station’s final song to sing their lyrics on a Bambú rhythm. They delivered an impressive finale in a powerful show of unity, and in the words of a festival attendee, "Bambú’s closing set was one for the history books…and when they pulled everyone back up on stage for the encore, well, I'm just speechless." St. Croix is in for a righteous, unified treat on December 24th, so come out to show your love and support!

Tickets are $15 in advance, $20 at the door and are available at Thomas Bakery (Sunny Isles,) Sion Farm Gas Station, Perfumes-n-Paradise (Wattapana Mall,) Hilltop Sounds, Negus Restaurant (F’sted,) and Pancho. A portion of the proceeds from the festival will benefit the restoration of U.C.A. M20 – Blaze Redemption Center. Festival supporters and sponsors include Thomas Bakery, La Reine Laundry, and the Sion Farm Gas Station.

For information and tour dates of some of these artists and performing bands, visit www.mtneborecords.com, www.soundvizionrecords.com, www.igraderecords.com, www.vireggae.com, or contact us: (202) 321-2263 ~ contactus@mtneborecords.com.

Re: ST. CROIX UNIFICATION VIBRATION REGGAE BAND FESTIVAL
December 21, 2005 05:00PM
VI Roots Sundays at The Culture Lounge in Fredricksted, VI, will feature Bambu Station with Lady Passion and Iba on Sunday, December 25, 2005.

Bambu Station is also scheduled for several appearances in St. Thomas, VI, and Puerto Rico. Check out www.mtneborecords.com for details.
SELECTA RAH RAH
December 22, 2005 01:25PM
thats just sounds IRIE
December 22, 2005 03:53PM
>"Mike Kelly, asserted that "with the exception of the Abyssinians, The V.I. Crew was the saving grace for Cultural Roots at this festival."
>
>this is a very troubling' quote(and being promoted on e-mail lists aswell=?*)!
need i* seh more???
>-RASpects+
Reggaedon
January 23, 2006 03:00PM
SEE PHOTOS OF ST. CROIX UNIFICATION VIBRATION REGGAE BAND FESTIVAL

[caribcamera.com]
Reggaedon
Re: PHOTOS of ST. CROIX UNIFICATION VIBRATION REGGAE BAND FESTIVAL
January 23, 2006 03:01PM
January 23, 2006 03:13PM
Hey, who is that guy in the greenshirt anyway???

January 23, 2006 03:16PM
And here is one of Iba with his wife and children. One of my fondest memories of my trip to STX was observing how Iba and his wife interacted..... much, much love in that family.

January 23, 2006 06:30PM
Any more photos Daniel?
January 23, 2006 06:43PM
Andee, check this site for more photos from the Unification Vibration Festival (which I was not there for):

[caribcamera.com]

And this page for photos from the WRIP festival (which i was present for):

[www.vireggae.com]
January 23, 2006 09:21PM
Very nice slide show event of the WRIP
bless up Daniel!

Kufunya
January 24, 2006 10:56AM
Bless Daniel! give thanks....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login