Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

'intelligent design' KOed in Pennsylvania

Posted by roots-ee 
'intelligent design' KOed in Pennsylvania
December 20, 2005 04:18PM
Re: 'intelligent design' KOed in Pennsylvania
December 20, 2005 04:58PM
early this year i worked in Easton PA, oh my my! don't go fishing in the leahigh or the delaware rivers when you hear the twigs snapping behind you, u all goneer squeal like ah little piggy boy !!very strange set of people
December 20, 2005 05:18PM
intellegent design is not a logical contradiction of evolution, this is where the those who take a literal interpretation of the creation story have made a fatal error. The present it as an alternative to evolution. To me evolution seems pretty intellegent and would God not create beings that can adapt to the ever changing world around them?

PS When did Man become Man? was it when the flesh first sprung to life or was it when the flesh became conscious and self aware. OR was it at some other point? It seems this is a critical part of the arguement between the secular sceince based and the fundamentalist christian. The Christian will tell you that we are not flesh alone I would argue that this is so. It seems that we have become children of the Most High when G-d's likeness was "breathed into us". That likeness is consciousness. The flesh may in fact have existed long before this transformation, but "mankind" did not.
December 20, 2005 05:35PM
Ninja. If you look at the historical evolution of "Intelligent Design" you will see that it sprang up in 1987. It did not emanate from scientists, but rather from politicians, lawyers and religious groups. It was not born out of a science room, but was 'invented' by those same politicians, lawyers and religious groups immediately after the Supreme Court ruled that a law requiring the teaching of 'Creationism' in the science classes of public schools, and forbidding the teaching of 'Evolution' violates the First Amendment. Intelligent Design is nothing more than Creationism reinvented (without the part about Eve being made out of Adam’s rib).

I have no problem with the youths being taught about god or that 'we are not flesh alone', I just don't think there is any factual basis for including this in a science class....
December 20, 2005 05:49PM
sure I can agree with that. Science should be taught in science class and Intellegent design is not science as it cannot be disproven even in theory. My solution would be that along with the sciences, that philosophy also be required. Philosophy of Science as well as Metaphysics should be taught. If this were done then the function of scince would be clearly explained along with it's limitations. I think that a lot of people do not understand what the scientific method is and what type of questions that it is capable and designed to answer. The Scientific method was never designed to answer the who or the why, but rather the how. Intellegent Design is an atempt to answer the who and as such belongs in Philosophy class and not science class.
December 20, 2005 06:35PM

Post Edited (02-04-06 08:05)
December 20, 2005 06:59PM
No it does not, intellegent design is a theory. Faith is not a theory and that is all that the church requires
December 20, 2005 07:36PM
Scientifically speaking, Intelligent Design is, at best, CONJECTURE ("an untested guess consistent with selected data and often simply a belief"winking smiley. IT IS NOT a theory!!!!

Ninja, if you, or anybody else, has ANY evidence that ID meets the criteria of a "Theory" (see below), please offer it up.

"A theory is an explanation or model based on observation, experimentation, and reasoning, especially one that has been tested and confirmed as a general principle helping to explain and predict natural phenomena.

Any scientific theory must be based on a careful and rational examination of the facts. A clear distinction needs to be made between facts (things which can be observed and/or measured) and theories (explanations which correlate and interpret the facts."
Ganjah
December 20, 2005 07:43PM
hopefully soon God in whatever name shape or form that God is in will come and take accountability for all of the religions & wars and murders caused in God's many many many many illogical names. Mankind has messed & mocked up religion so much and distorted it's truths so much that only a Fool would take religion seriously. It's killing Humanities Spirituality...to say wake up is a understatement...it's time to sink or swim.
December 20, 2005 09:21PM
conjecture it is!
Translucent
December 21, 2005 02:46AM
"Mankind has messed & mocked up religion so much and distorted it's truths so much that only a Fool would take religion seriously"

Ganjah, that's a rather contradictory statement. As you said yaself, religions carry "...truths...". So why would it be foolish to "...take religion seriously"?

The fact that "mankind has messed & mocked up religion so much..." shouldn't be an obstacle to one's search for truth. Much to the contrary.

You say "It's killing Humanities Spirituality", but again, much to the contrary, it is keeping "...Humanities Spirituality" alive and feeding it inna evergrowing secular world.

If someone commits a crime in your name, are you to be held accountable for it? So why do you speak of holding Jah accountable for what humans have done in his/her name? Your post is sheer contradiction.

Jah guide
Maconha
December 21, 2005 10:09PM
Science, Law, Justice, Humanity have all had crimes commited "in their name" it is a cherry tree is a cherry tree by it's fruit alone and not by what it chooses to call itself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login