Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stones at Studio One

Posted by The man 
The man
Stones at Studio One
December 21, 2005 02:55AM
I was talking with Trevor Sax in the street earlier this evening and he told me that he'd received a copy of the new Blackstones LP for Studio One and that it was the best thing they'd ever done. Considering the 'Stones led by Leon Leiffer have been making great music for 30 years this is a great claim. He also said that there is a full length album from Otis Gayle, who cut one outstanding song for Coxsone called 'I'll Be Around' and some two or three other tracks. Trevor also mentioned that there are ten more new Studio One albums set to hit the streets in the coming months.

Observer
jb welda
Re: Stones at Studio One
December 21, 2005 03:47AM
these are all contemporary vocals over vintage studio one riddims?

theyve put out some real corkers in the past couple years, wailing souls for one and errol dunkley has a nice one out too. now if they would just release carlton livingstons album thats been in the can for some time now, supposed to be a killer.

one love
jah bill
December 21, 2005 03:56AM
true they have bill, and those are two great examples. so what's up with the sound quality of the lone ranger one? is everyone else's as nasty as mine??? nothing like the others i have.
m.

The man
December 21, 2005 12:28PM
I think they are all versions of vintage rhythms Bill, but can't be sure having neither seen nor heard the set. Of course, these albums may never be released. I am still waiting for the Judah Eskender Tafari LP for the label that was said to be due in 1979.

Observer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login