Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

where are the photos from 2005?

Posted by jb welda 
jb welda
where are the photos from 2005?
December 21, 2005 09:47AM
we are slipping!

great photos from 2004 etc but where are lee abels shots from this past year?

i need a photo of dennis alcapone on stage...

one love
jah bill
Re: where are the photos from 2005?
December 21, 2005 03:26PM

not my best photos from the weekend, but there are some of my Dennis Alcapone photos for you

Post Edited (12-21-05 15:27)

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
December 21, 2005 05:37PM
Is that Brimstone on the mic with Dennis in the second picture?
December 21, 2005 05:40PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I think so

December 21, 2005 05:44PM
Yes that's him.
December 21, 2005 08:57PM
hmm...I sent Daniel close to a hundred photos right after the show. Don't know where they landed. Here are a few of Dennis. there's a link below for more but those are not even all. If anyone needs to use any of them, you can email me at sisirie@io.com They are copyright protected.

[members13.clubphoto.com]

"love shines brighter than the morning sun"
December 21, 2005 10:07PM
[www.snwmf.com]

Sis, I would love to create a page of your photos if that's okay with you. I have exactly 44 pictures from you, all of which are artists. If you have more, please send them forward. I can send you a list of what i have, and am especially interested in those children's photos of yours i saw somewhere...

December 21, 2005 10:50PM
Oh I agree - I've seen several of your photos Sista Irie and you got some real flair for finding the shots I man mus say. I might even need a couple in the near future - be sure to let you know if I do.

Keep up the great work!
jb welda
December 21, 2005 11:03PM
daniel: is there a direct link to those photos on the site? im just wondering because i couldnt find one when i was poking around earlier.

nice shots sista...

one love
jah bill
HIGHPRAISE
December 21, 2005 11:29PM
Thomas Mapfumo NO --- Winston Jarret mi think so ....
December 21, 2005 11:38PM
right you are, highpraise.

HIGHPRAISE
December 21, 2005 11:39PM
That was a nice treat ---- For me atleast ....
HIGHPRAISE
December 21, 2005 11:42PM
Enough geekin ... Goodnight ta all you late night "boardies" .....
December 22, 2005 06:05AM
I am extra happy to share with anyone interested in looking at the photos. They always bring me right back to the moment. Daniel, there are 100 photos at this link. If you click on any of them, you can enlarge. I also have more but those would probably be enough plus the kids. feel free to create a page for SNWMF.

[members13.clubphoto.com];

Anyone who needs to use them is welcome to. All I ask is that you email me first and let me know how they are used and it is always nice if there is a credit line. I mainly ask to know where they go for the artist's sake.

I really appreciate all the kind comments. Truly I do.

Daniel, I will send the shots of the kids tomorrow afternoon.

jb welda
December 22, 2005 09:44AM
sista irie you outdid yourself with that photo of the guy holding the umbrella over luciano. the composition is incredible and you just happened to catch a very interesting look in the umbrella holders eyes. that one at the very least deserves publication and i bet luciano would even want to see it if not use it somewhere.

picture of the day for sure.

one love
jah bill
December 22, 2005 10:39AM
definitely a nice shot- good work Sis
bless---
Acacia
December 22, 2005 11:26AM
Yes Sis, you are a great photographer. And taking shots like these requires much special skill, which you clearly have developed to a T. Can I ask, what kind of camera do you use?
December 22, 2005 04:10PM
I am stricken with camera-envy whenever I see Sista Irie's photos lined up side-by-side with mine, she's definitly the far superrior photographer. Great shots, especially that Luciano/Abba Zero one. Peace.

December 22, 2005 04:16PM
Yes great photos Sis. Keep the flash bulb poppin.....................ROB
reggaefan
December 22, 2005 04:25PM
Ras James, don't sell yourself short - I've seen some nice pics coming from your camp ------ now if I could just convince you to 'shrink' 'em so the fit on the screen ;-) ;-) ;-).....[resize those Wadi Gad pics and post them again, those were cool]

Sista Irie does have a touch ---- those photos of Byles and Sang Hugh ++++ :-)
Acacia
December 22, 2005 04:48PM
Sis Irie hasn't checked the board today to see us gushing about her. smiling smiley
December 22, 2005 05:12PM
thanks reggaefan. I'll repost shrunken versions of them as soon as my new comp is up and running. My old one is busted, so all those photos are just what's up on my photobucket account. Once I get hte new one set up, i'll be able to resize all my images. Peace.

December 22, 2005 06:15PM
Oh my...your comments are better than any Christmas present I could ever ask for. I can't even begin to tell you how much that means to me. Having an eye is helpful but access, time, and equipment is the lion's share. I agree that Ras James takes some great photos as does others here. Plenty of eye candy on the SNWMF board.

The camera is a Canon EOS 20D and I have to say I love it. It is as large and heavy as a regular 35 mm which is the drawback but for what I use it for, it is well worth it. I have a smaller Sony I use for daytime and round the town shots. It's pretty good for daytime but those night time shots require more megapixels.

I thank you from the very bottom of my heart. The encouragement is truly appreci-loved xoxo

I thought the photo with Luciano would make a good cover for the Reggae Festival Guide but I haven't volunteered it yet ;-)

Alligator Pond, St. Elizabeth, Jamaica

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login