Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

mixed cd

Posted by juanlove 
mixed cd
December 25, 2005 12:08AM
sorry its taking so long to get those cds i promised every one out- but- i just made a bunch more. so they should be sent out first thing monday.
vol. 2 soon come and also working on a rubadub mix.
big up all sierra nevada massive and every one keeping the vibes nice year round.
one love-juan love

Spliff Smoker
Re: mixed cd
December 25, 2005 09:00PM
Thanks again Juan love
December 27, 2005 03:10PM
YO ROOTS .I WANTED TO SEE IF THERES ANY ROOTS RECORDS OR SONGS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IM A BIG ROOOTS COLLECTOR IN SAN DIEGO .ALWAYS WILLING ON SHARING MY EXCLUSIVE MIXES.......TO THY PEOPLE....
AND ALSO CDS.....................
December 27, 2005 08:06PM
allways looking irie- i'll have to back to you on that though- the hollidays kind of flatend my walet you know. keep in touch- im alllooking.
one love-juan love
December 27, 2005 09:02PM
sorry- was in a hurry when i wrote that.
one love-juan love
December 29, 2005 04:28AM
cds sent out today : )> enjoy*
i would love to hear back from any one who recieved a copy to tell me what they thought of it- good or bad-
and also feel free to make copies to give to your friends-please spread the love and the music !!!!! vol.2 soon come*
one love-juan love

December 30, 2005 04:31AM
I just got home - and lo and behold there is a cd in my mailbox! Haha - thanks Juan - I'll be back with a review...
December 30, 2005 07:13AM
YEs - much love Juan Love! I like how the Jamrock mix already has the classic scratchyishness - lol! Very sweet mix - really like the Queen Ifrica What is Life. Didn't realize there were so many tracks on the Truth and Rights riddim - I've heard a few that aren't there even!

Didn't realize you were down in Yuba - thought you were closer to Chico, but I assume I can forward some CD's to this address? Thanks for a great listen dude - like the inclusion of the dubs in there too! Looking forward to vol. 2...

One Aim
December 31, 2005 04:49AM
thanks for the feed back dub-glad you enjoyed it!
yep-holdin it down in yuba-feel free to forward those cds to the adress on the envelope. i like the idea of trading good music for good music!
i'll keep you posted on vol. 2
one love-juan love
January 03, 2006 11:57PM
just wondering if any one else got there cd yet
one love-juan love
January 04, 2006 12:08AM
got the cd Juan, very nice collection of tunes. One problem I noticed though, there's a big pause between tracks. Sounds like based off the end and beginning of every track it was mixed properly, sounds like an error in the burning. Other than the pause, great mix.

p.s., where'd you pick up that Richie Spice remix? Been looking for that since the summer. Peace.

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
January 04, 2006 12:13AM
Greetings Juan Love, I received your cd and enjoyed it except for the breaks as James said. Get me your address and I'll send you a few in return. Many of the same riddims, but a different mix. My wife threw the envelope away
jb welda
January 04, 2006 12:14AM
assigned reading for juan: DAO vs TAO and how to implement one or the other when burning continuous mix or live cds.

one love
jah bill
January 04, 2006 12:41AM
sorry bout that folks. i must have made a mistake when i burned those. the copy i have doesnt do that. i'll have to take profeser bill up on his assignment.
glad you like it.
james- i got that remix at wisdom records sf.its a warrior remix done by one of the jah warrior shelter kids(not sure who)the b side has the sleg teng-same vocals
i have a couple other warior remixes with i wayne aswell.
one love-juan love
January 04, 2006 01:00AM
I Have the I-Wayne mix, I think Irie Dole does those remixes. I'll have to check with him if he's still got the ritchie spice one in stock. Peace

January 04, 2006 01:28AM
yes juan--should have replied sooner. selections are nice, but i too have the pausing issue, which is a real vibe killer for a mix. sounds like it'd be great if not for that issue! thanks again for the music and let me know when volume 2 is ready! (and if you'd like something in return!)

m.

Translucent
January 04, 2006 07:49AM
Yes Juan, I too have gotten the cd and am enjoying it a lot despite the pauses. Looking forward to Vol. 2! Give thanks!

Reggae music is food for the soul, feed the masses well...
Maconha
jb welda
January 04, 2006 05:45PM
anyone with this cd should be able to read it onto their hard drive and then write it back out to another disk using DAO (disk at once) setting (will have to check your specific burning software to figure out how to set it...the stuff i use, feurio, DAO is the default) and those pauses should disappear. or alternatively load the file into a wav editor, look to see if there are pauses in the waveform (there shouldnt be; the pauses are typically logical not physical) and if so remove them and then reburn the disk DAO.

whether there are physical pauses or not are probably a product of reburning a disk with the logical pauses as TAO which will compound the problem and result in physical pauses in the source material that have to be removed via an editor. if the disk was just burned from a continuous master source but using TAO instead of DAO then the pauses should only be logical and will theoretically disappear when the material is reburned using DAO.

thats the burning lesson for today.

note that if a "stand alone" cd burner was used to compose and create these disks, all bets are off. the instructions above are for computer centric burning process, NOT stand alone burners which work in their own mysterious, proprietary and often counter-intuitive manner.

one love
jah bill
January 04, 2006 11:33PM
i feel terible sendind out bunk copies of my mix-so i have decided to work out the glitch in the cd and send out better copies with vol. 2 and a roots rubba dub mix ive been working on.i am deeply sorry and a littie embarased.
this may take two or three weeks-so please hold tight and i will send those out a.s.a.p.
one love-juan love
January 04, 2006 11:45PM
Hey Juan- no worries, we know you didn't do it on purpose. My copy has no spaces and with the exception of one trainwreck the mix is solid. Good selections with mostly clean mixing, you have nothing to be ashamed of. Big ups to the one man called JuanLove! Looking forward to volume 2, and I will send you some of my mixes as soon as my computer arrives (hopefully within two weeks!)
Itinual Blessings---
January 05, 2006 04:31PM
no need for embarrassment, the sounds were great juan! i'm not much of a computer techie either, and dao or tao could be easy to miss. the nice thing is that you are sharing music because you love it!

m.

January 05, 2006 07:59PM
I was feeling a little left out, because here it is and no CD. I thought I axed for one, but then I thought I was mistaken. Oh well...

Then I checks me mail box and, lo and behold, Vol. 1 has arrived! Listening to it now and it's great -- nice job, Juan!

Big ups and massive raspect to the man called Juan Love, who not only professes his love for reggae music on this board, but demonstrates it by sharing the love.

Peace,
-RV
January 05, 2006 08:30PM
Juan Love I feel left out. I want to bein the mix. I mean the rotation. Show mi a little Love Juan. I'm willing to trade so i could catch your vibe your promoting. E-mail me at Genius65@comcast.net.......................ROB
January 06, 2006 07:46PM
Just got back from my Caribbean New Years Eve/Carnival celebration in St. Kitts and found the CD in my pile of mail...a pleasant surprise, just finished playing it, very nice Juan Love...thanks a lot, much appreciated brother, very generous of yuh to share the music.

John
January 06, 2006 11:19PM
Dj. Ras James,

May I interest you in some roots rock reggae?
Up and coming local band from San Diego, Ca.
Check them out here ([www.myspace.com] or [www.tribalseeds.net] and if you're interested maybe you can give it, the official Bay area review, let me know.

Peace.

January 06, 2006 11:36PM
Yo Rams, I'll check them out a little later and get back to you. bayareareggae.com is going through a massive redesign right about now, and i'm also working on some websites for other clients, so it would be a little bit before I could post a review, but will try to. Peace.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login