Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Officially withdrawing my request for Josey Wales in 2k6

Posted by Chimino 
Officially withdrawing my request for Josey Wales in 2k6
December 26, 2005 11:32PM
I don't look for my entertainers to be role models, but definitely don't want to see a pedofile prosper monetarily still...Josey mi lose offa ya.

[jamaica-star.com]

Post Edited (12-26-05 23:33)
Re: Officially withdrawing my request for Josey Wales in 2k6
December 27, 2005 06:47AM
I read that same article yesterday. I really can't believe how some men behave. According to the article, it seems like he was just as ready to beat her up as to sexually abuse her. Did that article say she was 14?

"love shines brighter than the morning sun"
December 27, 2005 10:54AM
Josey Wales what a let down. Chimino you are correct we shouldn't expect them to be role models but we should expect them to be human beings. If this is true this guy is a piece of trash. I would love to come across him. Probably not in yard, but in my yard. The Ninja has been lifting and he needs to take it out on someone, Josey appears to be a perfect canidate for a good beat down
December 27, 2005 11:03AM
unfortunately, this kind of thing is regular in the Caribbean....men looking to young girls (and boys) more than half their age for sex, using their power & influence (monetary, status, etc) to get it.
I pray for the children of the world...

December 27, 2005 11:48AM
i read the article a coupla times and, though it says he made advances several times in the past, this just looks like he beat up this girl rather than sexually molest her. i am certainly not condoning her getting beat up but maybe you should not call folks "pedofiles" if they are not really "pedofiles".

December 27, 2005 12:03PM
Pedophiles are one of the only groups of criminals I would easily support the death penalty for. There's not much more in the ways scum of humanity then pedophiles. Not saying Josey is or not though, would have to know more than one news article. Looks like it could still just be a beating, which is bad enough. Peace

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
December 27, 2005 03:54PM
oh shut the hell up dirtbag.

December 27, 2005 04:13PM
Dissappointing to say the least. I was truly hoping to see him perform some day.

fourtwentyplenty
papa ray
December 27, 2005 04:28PM
Seen him at least half a dozen times(really must be more, from '82 on), always an absolute top-shelf DJ & personal favorite---but if it's as bad as it looks all his achievements can ever make this right. A shame. I'm so tired & soul-weary of grown men doing this s***.
December 27, 2005 04:30PM
wassup chichiboy - and whatever happened to guilty until proven innocent??
-----------------------
ccb - smd
December 27, 2005 04:32PM
oh and by the way ccb - chasing 14 year old boys is just as bad.
December 27, 2005 04:34PM
This message board is a place for people to reason about reggae music and the SNWMF. Please be respectful of others and refrain from offensive posts......
Short Eyes
December 27, 2005 06:22PM
<<The complainant, who lives in the same community as Sterling, claims that the entertainer made advances towards her on several occasions before the attack.>>

I guess Mr. Wales was unsuccessful at becoming a pedophile. However that didn't deter him from attaining the coveted status of "thug".
December 28, 2005 09:28AM
seems funny that you would defend these actions dirt, she wouldn't let him have his pedophile fantasy so he beat her up. HMMMmmmmm
jb welda
December 28, 2005 09:56AM
what is the age of consent in jamaica these days?

one love
jah bill
bee
December 28, 2005 10:06AM
I would check with chimino, jb, he seems to be very knowledgable on the subject.. well, from his posts, I learned that:
1)Josey Wales is a pedophile
2)this kind of thing is regular in the Caribbean....men looking to young girls (and boys) more than half their age for sex, using their power & influence (monetary, status, etc) to get it.

Chimino, age of consent? lets get some facts and figures!
December 28, 2005 10:13AM
good question, I would suggest that regardless of what the age of consent is no would still mean get the hell away from me. I would like to know the age as well that would settle the pedophile arguement.
December 28, 2005 10:13AM
I ran a quick google search, the site I clicked said the age of consent is 16. Peace.

December 28, 2005 10:26AM
either way you slice it Josey done wrong. It sounds like sickness diseases.
December 28, 2005 12:07PM
yo ninjacat - just where did i do any defending. before jumping on the chichiboy bandwagon, read the posts and then respond intelligently. i will quote from my post: "i am certainly not condoning her getting beat up"....i just don't see anything there that would indicate he is a "pedofile"

jb welda
December 28, 2005 12:50PM
heres an interesting question:

how many of you folks who are condemning josie wales over this reported incident (without him being convicted of anything at this point) also kiss jah cures a$$ and want him out of prison because he couldnt possibly have done such a thing and besides hes so cute and sings so nice and is just so darn lovable (despite the fact that he was duly convicted of what hes in prison for)?

one love
jah bill
December 28, 2005 01:42PM
age of consent: 16 yo.

December 28, 2005 02:21PM
bill, good question...I've never maintained Cure's innocence, only the faultiness of his representation/conviction in court. Very possible he did do the deed, just wasn't given anything close to a fair trial for us to be sure.

December 28, 2005 02:53PM
a response to Jah Bill's comment (where might I add he makes a good point)

I'm not jumping on saying Josey Wales is a pedophile or not. Can't make that claim based off one newspaper article. Will have to see what happens.

As for Jah Cure, I believe he's innocent, or at least in need of a fair trial. If you look at the circumstances surrounding his case, there's no way it would have ever even made it to court if it was in the US. Based on the evidence and circumstances, I don't think one can come to the conclusion that he was guilty beyond a resonable doubt. Just my 2 cents. Peace

December 28, 2005 03:01PM
"If you look at the circumstances surrounding his case, there's no way it would have ever even made it to court if it was in the US."

Ras James - Wasn't there a trial for Jah Cure that ultimately came down to 'her word vs. his' and the Jamaican Jury sided with her? Please explain how such a case would never have made it to court in this country.

When it comes to rape charges in the USA, absent DNA it is almost always a case of 'he said, she said'. What I have heard regarding Jah Cure is that he was not 'properly represented' at trial, a phenomenon that is all to common here in the 'first' world.
December 28, 2005 03:05PM
there wasn't a jury in his trial. He was tried by a judge in gun court, even though the gun charge had been thrown out. www.freejahcure.net has some good info on the whole situation. Peace

jb welda
December 28, 2005 03:15PM
much as i think your heart and head are in the right place ras james, sending someone to a website called freejahcure seems to me to be a bit specious (if that is the correct word). i wouldnt expect to see anything there that would lead one to a contrary opinion; in other words, that site would seem to be biased on its face and not a good source of unbiased information.

im not saying he is guilty or innocent; i am saying there seems to be a double standard at work here. i might change that view if and when josie wales is convicted of what he is accused of doing and a bunch of people jump to his defense saying he was framed or not represented properly.

one love
jah bill
bigbelly man
December 28, 2005 03:16PM

Author: Chimino (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: 05-11-05 12:23

stop watch man

December 28, 2005 03:21PM
When it comes to Jah Cure, m main thing is just that based on what I have read from various sides, there doesn't seem to be much of a case against him. Doesn't have anything to do with his music, which in my opinion is somewhat overrated. I like a few Jah Cure tunes, but I wouldn't say he's the best artist out there right now. Peace

December 28, 2005 03:22PM
what's your point, anonymous one?

December 28, 2005 03:30PM
Sorry, RJ. I love Jah Cure's music, and would love nothing more than to be pursuaded of his innocence, but web site you provided a link to is terrible.

It purports to have "Her Side" and "His Side" of the story, but "Her Side" of the story is anything BUT her side.

Men are convicted of rape in this country EVERY DAY, many without a jury. Men are convicted of rape in this country EVERY DAY without any DNA evidence.
bigbelly man
December 28, 2005 03:30PM

i'm not that anonymous

what was the point when you posted it? different now?

anyway jah bill has it right on.. to chastise josey and then discount the jah cure situation is bullshit.. in the alcock case there was a victim, who still id's him as the assailant, a trial, and a conviction.

nobody has to approve of any of the case against alcock, but don't deny that there was one, taken to trial. fact is fact, and he had a trial, did not prove his innocence there, and is in the pen now(sort of.. how does he keep putting new tunes out?)

--
bigbelly man
December 28, 2005 03:31PM

> web site you provided a link to is terrible.

> purports to have "Her Side" and "His Side" of the story, but "Her Side" of
> the story is anything BUT her side.

true daniel.. totally offensive to package that information as being "objective" when it so obviously is not

--
December 28, 2005 03:39PM
You have a valid point the "her side" section of that site. At minimum, I belive they should at least post up the article from a few months ago with the accusers side (I'm forgetting weather it was in the gleaner or observer right now). Peace.

On another note, people on the boards have defended Tookie Williams, who's negative far outweighed any positive he ever did, but easily belive that Jah Cure is guilty because a judge decided he was. Peace

December 28, 2005 03:58PM
JB correctly pointed out there is a BIG difference between being charged with a crime and being convicted. So too, there is a BIG difference between rapping someone and attacking someone. While attacking a 14 year old girl is reprehensible and clearly a violation of the "Code of Conduct", it does not rise to nearly the same level as raping someone (IMO), even if the attack is for saying no to sex.
Acacia
December 28, 2005 04:36PM
Ras James, many of the people who you say "defended" Tookie Williams made it abundantly clear that their reason for supporting his clemency was out of moral opposition to the death penalty. VERY few people defended his actions as part of the crips or questioned his guiltiness in regards to the murders he was convicted of commiting. On the issue of Jah Cure, I don't think people believe he is guilty simply "because a judge decided he was" but because circumstantial evidence points (at the very least) to his *involvement* in the crime against this woman. As for Josey Wales, unless this story in the Jamaica Star is completely bogus (which should come out in the next couple of days, if that's the case), he attacked this girl in broad daylight in front of several witnesses. If it goes to court, it will most likely not just be a case of "he said, she said" but "he said, she said, and they said".
December 28, 2005 04:40PM
The Josey Wales situation definitley seems more open and shut than Cure's situation, that's for sure. All in all, these situations just go to show that most musicians aren't people to look up to on a personal level. Peace

December 28, 2005 04:46PM
well, here is an entertainer most of look up to:
Acacia
December 28, 2005 04:48PM
I think better yet, nobody should look up to someone they don't know on a personal level. That's just common sense. But some people get starstruck.
December 28, 2005 05:55PM
I cant remember why I would post that comment 6 months ago, perhaps you could send a link to the thread.
Either way, there's a difference between watching one man's private business and another when there's a pubescent victim involved...

December 28, 2005 06:15PM
"All in all, these situations just go to show that most musicians aren't people to look up to on a personal level."

Absolutely. Although lyrical content sometimes makes this hard to do, I think it's wise to appreciate music on a musical level without worrying too much about the character of the musicians behind it. If they happen to be great people, so bet it, but that doesn't affect the quality of their music one way or the other.

This applies outside reggae as well - e.g. James Brown. I think because of the protest content of many reggae lyrics, artists end up getting regarded as role models or even prophets, when there's really little good reason for doing this.
levi-t
December 28, 2005 10:08PM
check for cure's words about this whole affair...
no where do i see any form of continued protest of his own innocence, particularly in his "responsive" article in the gleaner.

the man, sighting himself as a christian, has no concern for the event, just his declared "rehabilitation"

i don't buy his records.
December 28, 2005 10:23PM
> i don't buy his records

I wouldn't either, his singin stinks...
December 28, 2005 10:33PM
>I wouldn't either, his singin stinks...

I actually think Cure's a pretty good singer, but his lyrics are what kinda bore me. They usually seem to be pretty repetitive for my tates. He's got a few strong tunes I like though, like Longing For. Peace

December 29, 2005 04:55AM
Dirtweed wrote "Here's an entertainer most of us look up to"

he is a tall one. when i was in chapel Hill NC years ago there was flyers wheat pasted all over the city outing eek a mouse as a rapist. urging people not to support his show after what he did to the alleged victim. i have no info on the case , but it was jarring to read. a
December 29, 2005 05:14AM
[www.jamaica-gleaner.com]

Reliving a nightmare - Jah Cure's victim tells her story
published: Sunday | August 28, 2005
ken-I
December 29, 2005 01:29PM
So beating a young girl isn't as bad as raping them. They are equally evil. Their dignity and power is taken away. What is wrong with you? At least he didn't rape her? When you beat someone you rape them. They both come from the same messed up mind set. I'll get whatever i want, the world owes me a sexual encounter and a living to boot. These slimefucks are gonna be gettin plenty of sex where they're goin.
December 29, 2005 01:41PM
Yes beating up someone is a terrible thing, but I do not believe it rises to the same level of evil as being raped.

There is a hierarchy of 'evils' in our society, and In my mind the only thing worse than rape is murder. Do you not agree that some 'evils' are worse than others? If you think murder, rape and getting beaten up are 'equally evil' then do you believe that slapping someone in the face (a lesser form of 'getting beat up') should get the same jail time as murder?
December 29, 2005 02:18PM
Ken I, I think your ideas are well-formed, but realistically a rape is a worse offense than a beating, both on moral and legal levels. Both are reprehensable, but not equal offenses.

December 29, 2005 10:10PM
...back to another question....how is jah cure continually releasing new tunes...are they just old tunes, being released now?...it seems like he releases a track here and there prettysteadily...anyone know?
December 29, 2005 11:21PM
kulshan, he records them in prison, they allow recording gear to be brought in for him to sing over the riddims. Peace

ken-I
December 30, 2005 12:26PM
Beating someone for not giving them sex is a form of rape.
jb welda
December 30, 2005 12:27PM
you dont know thats why he allegedly beat her up, now do you. maybe he didnt like the way she looked.

one love
jah bill
December 30, 2005 02:28PM
actually bill, he did grudge her for her Barbie doll.

December 30, 2005 04:14PM
Sounds like he put the beatdown on her for what she said..."No".
January 01, 2006 03:34PM
"It takes a whole Jamaican village to watch me beat up a
child that won't let me have sex with her" Jose Wales on
child proverb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login