Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

chappy label tune id

Posted by mosquito killer 
chappy label tune id
January 03, 2006 03:52PM
anyone's help is much appreciated. i don't think my roots knotty roots is current, and couldn't find this:

chappy label: studio 17 039 / studio 17 040
both tracks older w/ lovely harmony (not sounding like, but very much reminding me of heptones) and side b has a rhythm reminiscent of "feel them spirit/put it on".

039: there was a boy, there was a girl
they never met, they never kissed...
...cuz she lives on the morning side of the mountain
and he lives on the twilight side of the hill

040: oh go back, go back where you're coming from
oh go back, go back where you're coming from
i can stay alone now
i can stay alone now...

anybody?

aka_richie
Re: chappy label tune id
January 03, 2006 04:25PM
the 'chappy' label is one from clive chin/randys stable

...039 track is melodians/tony brevett. i know it from a repress which came on one of those 'reggae revive' / 'impact' 10" from bob brooks camp [www.reggaerevive.com] apologies for not recalling details...

January 03, 2006 04:31PM
big thanks aka richie, big thanks. there's side a, anyway! yes, melodians sounds, that would make sense from how i remember the sound. it's the side b that i prefer, but nice still, and thanks again.

m.

The man
January 03, 2006 05:17PM
Yes mosquito, I also have the tune on a blank Chappy label from the US. The 'Go Back' title is by The Vibrators.

Penny Reel
January 03, 2006 08:01PM
and thanks to you, penny. lovely sounds, and it's so good to have some kind of info on them...very much appreciated.

m.

January 04, 2006 01:36AM
penny reel--do you happen to know the title of the melodians/t brevett track? tia, if so.

m.
Dave Home
January 04, 2006 07:02PM
I hope Penny won't mind me answering this. It's called 'Twilight Side' by Al & The Vibrators and is listed in RKR under that title. It's based on the song 'Morning Side of the Mountain' and as Richie said Bob Brooks and Clive Chin released it on an Impact 12" a few years back with two excellent instrumental versions. Very nice to have it on a 7" though. Happy New Year to all !
January 04, 2006 07:02PM
Yes we don't have the first one in our book, but I recognize the lyrics the tune was called Morning Side Of The Mountain when it was a hit for Tommy Edwards in 1959.

[www.webfitz.com]
Dave Home
January 04, 2006 07:27PM
Worth looking out for the killer horns cut called 'Big Boss' by Generation Gap. Also on Chappy (RRM 043).

January 04, 2006 07:43PM
well then you are saying that both sides are the vibrators? side one titled "twilight side" and side two titled "go back". is this correct?

thanks again, all.

m.

January 04, 2006 11:17PM
Dave, this is a horns cut to?
Dave Home
January 05, 2006 08:21PM
Mosquito - Yes that's right.
Mike - 'Big Boss' is the horns cut to 'Twilight Side'

January 05, 2006 09:54PM
alright, thanks dave.

m.

aka_richie
January 06, 2006 03:48PM
apologies for the bad info mosquito, going from memory there - i gladly defer to don d home's superior knowledge...

[linv]al [martin] & the vibrators it is then!
January 06, 2006 04:07PM
no problem. it's a nice little single.

m.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login