Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

myspacers

Posted by buttah.... 
buttah....
myspacers
January 05, 2006 09:43AM
how many people on here are myspacers? it seems like a pretty good place for those wanting to gain exposure...
Albert I&I-nstein
Re: myspacers
January 05, 2006 10:06AM
Potentially it can be a nice site, since you can have sound files, photos, mail and blog on the same page. But most of the time, myspace.com seems to cater to 12-17 demographics. The majority of the pages I've seen are cluttered, illegible and unnavigable. Not only that, they don't let you reply to them unless you too have a cluttered, unnavigable myspace page.
buttah....
January 05, 2006 10:19AM
haha..quite the truth..what is so bad, I actually got a page just so I could find out what was going on with my son...I know...that was bad...but I did not find out anything I did not already know..so that was comforting. I have actually found quite a few talented people in a variety of age ranges..if nothing else, it has served me well for inspiration ;0)
January 05, 2006 10:28AM
id say it caters to the 16-30 yr olds....thats my experience. its a great place for exposure for bands and musicians. My band has averaged 2k+ plays per months with 200+ downloads per month on myspace...i know bands that will just sit on there all day and add people and whore themselves out. it works. it gets people to shows and it sells cds. i know more than a few bands that have gotten signed as a result of it...domestically and abroad...its a great resource
January 05, 2006 10:36AM
I've got one, primarily to promote upcoming shows and keep in touch with people I know.It's a nice program, but if one more person sends me a stupid chain letter on myspace about how I have to pass something on or something's gonna happen to me, i'm gonna be pretty pissed off. If there was some sort of IQ test before you could use myspace, it would be great, ha.

But seriously, it's a pretty good way to promote shows and stuff. I know a lot of artists who use a myspace account to get their music out, and it seems to work well for them. Peace

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
January 05, 2006 11:48AM
I'm probably the oldest person to have a myspace page -- I don't even know why I have one...
January 05, 2006 01:51PM
Pass My-Link To The Left Hand Side!!!

>MUSIC SPACE [www.myspace.com]
-free mp3's featuring:
Mikey Dread(DATC Crew*)
Tony Culture(Livity Muzick*)
General Smiley(Original Studio1*)
Ras Rudy(Redemption Sound*)
Anthony The Young(Dubbers of King Selassie I*)
Jahmeek Selecta(Jahmeek Productions*)

>GROUP SPACE [www.myspace.com]
-RASpects+
January 05, 2006 03:36PM
I'm on there too and the last four guys to post are in my friends list. There are a few others on here too that I'm linked to. All together I'd say that I'm linked to more than 10 people from this board on MySpace. There are also bulletin boards in there for reggae and the major reggae festivals including this one.

fourtwentyplenty
a
January 05, 2006 03:46PM
HIGHPRAISE
January 05, 2006 04:40PM
And there ya are .. Face to tha name .. coool man smiling smiley
Acacia
January 05, 2006 04:47PM
I have a myspace page. People use it for all kinds of things, but it can be excellent promotion for music.
January 05, 2006 05:37PM

All I have on my myspace is a link to my real websites!

[www.realitysounds.com]
[www.fresnoreggae.com]
[www.richardmooreceramics.com]

-s
HIGHPRAISE
January 05, 2006 06:16PM
My friend started one for me months ago and with all this talk i am now finalizing it .. So Soon come ...
Acacia
January 05, 2006 08:07PM
Wow Spleece, beautiful ceramics!
January 06, 2006 03:28AM

Thanks!

I have a ton of new stuff to put up still...

-s
buttah....
January 06, 2006 08:35AM
Yeah spleece...some real nice stuff there...
I am going to put some of my jewelry on my page--one of these days...
what is your link acacia? I know you have some great photography photos on there!
Acacia
January 06, 2006 10:03AM
[www.myspace.com]

I'm working on converting file types of images from a disk of newly scanned shots, but not quite there yet. Some of the pictures on my page have been posted on this board already. I also have 3 self-portraits which I have not posted here. If you check back in a week or 2, I'll have a whole load of new pictures up. And turn your volume up if you're going to my page smiling smiley
January 06, 2006 10:41AM
When I tried to set up an account, I got this message:
<<We’re sorry. Based on the information you have submitted to us, you are ineligible to register on MySpace.com.>>
Maybe the myspace veterans can tell me what I'm doing wrong...
buttah....
January 06, 2006 10:49AM
hmm...don't know about that one..i do know they won't let anyone under 16 register...lol
January 06, 2006 10:58AM
I'd be more concerned with whether they have a maximum age. From some of the pages I looked at, that might be about 25.
buttah....
January 06, 2006 11:00AM
nah..there are a few old folks like me on there ;0)--if u want i can try to get u set up with one..i would just need your info..
January 06, 2006 11:06AM
Herb I thought you're laready on there? I have someone in my friends that is named Herb and I thought it was you?

fourtwentyplenty
Acacia
January 06, 2006 11:10AM
I think the age limit is 100. Really.

HD, are you trying to set up a music page?
DoubleA
January 06, 2006 12:41PM
I feel what you guys say about the cluttered sites, I hate those, but Myspace is a good way for promotion and to make connections. I've gotten people to come out to shows and even had people want to buy CD's from me, even tho I have none for sale. You can check it out.. some nice dub tracks.

www.myspace.com/dubalator
January 06, 2006 01:32PM
Sounds like a good idea from what some of the folks here say.
Any tips?
Josh maybe I signed up a long time ago but I don't remember $#!+ about what name I used, let alone password...but maybe that's why it's not letting me sign up, cos it already has that name in their databank??
HIGHPRAISE
January 06, 2006 01:41PM
Just enter yer e-mail address and click forgot password .. if you are there it will send it to you ..
January 06, 2006 03:00PM
Great promo tool, with music downloads, music player, show info., blogs, photos, contact info., great tool.

One key thing:
For those (if any) who lack a band/dj website this is the easiest, yet completely customizable way of obtaining one. And the name is easy to remember and promote:

(ie. myspace.com/YOURBANDNAME)

Cluttered, and outrageous at times, but good non-the less.

Check out the one I maintain for local band, Tribal Seeds.
Easy layout, plus same color scheme as the official web-site.
[www.myspace.com]

Peace,

Post Edited (01-06-06 15:21)
January 06, 2006 05:27PM
Thanks Highpraise! It was there all the while. Now I've gotta do something with it. Any tips? I B a n00b @ teh HTML...
January 06, 2006 06:20PM
Dub Club LA has a myspace page with show announcements, ticket giveaways,etc. its a nice way to get feedback from people.
January 06, 2006 07:31PM
i have had bad luck searching within myspace's search engine for names etc
if you guys can, pls post your myspace URLs so i can check out yer site. thnx a
Zana
January 07, 2006 12:05AM
I'm a tribe dot netter myself.

I've heard that there are a ton of worms and trojans hiding in myspace.

But hey, I have my very own tribe (and no, I didn't make it myselfwinking smiley

tribes.tribe.net/zaqheea
HIGHPRAISE
January 07, 2006 01:11AM
Stamina .. Just Geek on it .. Ive been settin mine up for 2 days . Tryin ta get it all cooool and s@#t .. Ill be hittin everyone off soon askin for friendship smiling smiley
Lets see --- Ras Adam Simeon , Jahmeek , Spleece , Acacia , Stamina , DoubleA , Tribal Seeds ... Ras James and Fourtwentyplenty are holdin out smiling smiley
January 07, 2006 01:31AM
[www.myspace.com]

fourtwentyplenty
January 07, 2006 10:19AM
[www.myspace.com]

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
HIGHPRAISE
January 07, 2006 12:30PM
Stevo
January 07, 2006 12:32PM
January 07, 2006 11:41PM
i am there
empress Lindsay Love

&quot;It takes a whole village to raise a child&quot; African Proverb
January 09, 2006 12:08PM
[www.myspace.com]

Peace,
-RV

Peace,
-RV
January 09, 2006 06:12PM
January 09, 2006 06:39PM
echodelic: please shoot I an email re: Dub Club
Thanks
buttah....
January 09, 2006 10:31PM
[http://www.myspace.com/22316964]
info@lunaangel.com
January 10, 2006 03:05PM
Check Luna Angel on myspace:

[www.myspace.com]
January 10, 2006 09:48PM
January 11, 2006 12:42AM
Finally figgered it out:
[www.myspace.com]

...no content up on it yet, but at least I can contact other myspace people & vice versa...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login