Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I heard something weird on the radio the other day.

Posted by DoubleA 
DoubleA
I heard something weird on the radio the other day.
January 07, 2006 01:21PM
So I was riding in the car with my sister a few days ago, and she was listening to Live 105. Now for those of you not from the bay area, or who don't bother listening to any of the garbage on these corporate stations, it is a modern rock/pop station. So we were listening, when all of a sudden a reggae song comes on... and before I can even start thinking about who it is, my sister (who doesn't listen to any reggae) yells out "Matisyahu!"

This is on the same station that normally won't play a lick of hip-hop, but everytime Eminem has new single out, it gets plenty of airplay. Just thinking about that really troubled me. It's very rare you hear reggae on the radio above 94.1 on the dial, and while Matisyahu is good, and I know that plenty of people love him, there are many reggae artists out there doing music just as good, if not better than him, so why does he get the big time radio play? I can only think of one or two answers, and I don't like any of them. Just wondering about other people's thoughts on this.
Stevo
Re: I heard something weird on the radio the other day.
January 07, 2006 01:44PM
I recall hearing the Wailing Souls' "Shark Attack" pon Live 105 some years back. It made my day.
January 07, 2006 04:38PM
double-
i think your one or two answers are probably rite- and i dont like them either.
one love-juan love
Kel-I Bubbler
January 07, 2006 04:51PM
Is he working for Epic/Sony now? They have ways of getting airplay..............
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login