Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TICKET PRICE CHANGE EVERY MONTH!

Posted by Iyainha 
TICKET PRICE CHANGE EVERY MONTH!
June 09, 2004 05:43PM
What is going on with the ticket price changing every month. First it was 85.00, then 95.00 now it's 105.00. What the hell are they trying to do, be Reggae on The River. This is really crazy! Has anyone else notice this little game SNMF is doing? I know I'm not seeing things. Would someone please explain! ROTR has never changed their prices from month to month only from year to year.

Iyainha
jb welda
Re: TICKET PRICE CHANGE EVERY MONTH!
June 09, 2004 05:58PM
yeah ive noticed that. its called early bird vs advanced vs at the door. just like pretty much anything else. i would think a guy from berkeley would be able to grasp simple concepts like that. sheesh, kids today, or maybe its the educational system.

hope that helps

one love
jah bill
June 09, 2004 08:18PM
That $85.00 deal was for those who ordered through the mail. I know this because...that is how I purchased mine. Rastafari
June 09, 2004 11:01PM
Ok, I understand that part of it, but normanly this is what is stated all at once. 85. when purchasing in advance, 95. after certain time and 105.00 afterwards. It was done this way. Please, Jah Bill don't insult me. I was just surprised to see the price changing every month, without any explaination. And for your information I'm not a guy but a woman. Some people don't have manners, what is happening to the world.

Iyainha (100% woman)
TR-808
June 09, 2004 11:22PM

it's true. some people don't have manners.

they might bust into a website and say accusatory things like

> Has anyone else notice this little game SNMF is doing?

to imply that something crooked is going on, even when it isn't.

there are even some women who would do that.
jb welda
June 09, 2004 11:24PM
alike minds think great. heres what i had just paused to post:

thats so true, some people dont have any manners. to wit:

>What the hell are they trying to do, be Reggae on The River. This is really crazy! >Has anyone else notice this little game SNMF is doing?

anyway didnt mean to insult you by calling you a "guy". somehow i couldnt figure a gender from "Iyainha"

<end of beat me to the punch>

besides, if you had been following along, the prices were explained as they went into effect. at this point there is no reason to dredge up the past by telling people they missed out on the 85 dollar ones.

maybe its just me.

one love
jah bill
June 09, 2004 11:34PM
Greetings
I had to chime in on this post
almost all larger events have a pre-sale price then a larger cost at the door/gate this is so the promoters/entertainment co. can estmate cost of the whole production and get a close idea of the amount of people attending their show and how best to take care of them.
I know the promoters were just giving the "Early Birds" a break on Tickets some other venues that are doing this include, High Sierra Music Fest, The Largest Fest this Summer-Bonnaroo, Britt Festivals, Baja Bash, Africamix Festival, All Good music Fest. Damm, too many to list.
The list could be two or three pages long and all these festivals do the same thing they try to give the real attendies, the faithful a break on their ticket price
This is a good thing,,,
One Love
AL
June 10, 2004 04:21PM
IN OTHER WORDS...CAP-ITAL-ISM :^)
June 10, 2004 04:47PM
Yeah, but I think the womens point, however poorly stated, is that
the three ticket prices are not stated upfront and in advance, and that is by design. They want you to buy NOW and they hang out the uncertainity of what the next ticket price will be as an incentive.

Thats why, for a while, nobody could state what the gate ticket would cost. To me, its a little bit sneaky but I wouldnt characterize it as gaming the patrons, ect. I would prefer that all the prices be specified upfront so I can decide if the savings justify buying at that time. I bought the $85 tickets as I usually do, because thats a $40 saving for me and my wife, although I didnt know exactly since I didnt know what the gate price would be, but simply went by the past price changes.

I dont like to buy in advance in general cuz if I get sick or circumstances change beyond my control, I will have to sell
or eat the tickets for breakfast which has happened a couple
times at other shows. Or worse yet, the whole show is cancelled
and the promoter disappears...that happens in the Caribbean on occasion and used to happen around here at times.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login