anyone heard about this?

[tinyurl.com]

what's the deal?

>;-)

--
jb welda
Re: hey y'all what's news?
January 12, 2006 10:52PM
i saw that too and was wondering the same thing. round two of studio one come again?

one love
jah bill
January 12, 2006 10:56PM
hey solid--you see that natural vibes thing is up??? no more cdr business...

m.

solid rock
January 12, 2006 11:15PM

you know it, mosq

jb i'm not sure, i think yes but am hoping one of the s-1 techs can confirm

--
January 12, 2006 11:28PM
and solid, speaking of natural vibes--i just picked up a guiding star 10" from ernie:

junior reid-one sufferation; ktubby-version / natural vibes-sweet sensation; ktubby-version

wicked piece of plastic. junior reid rides the "late night blues" rhythm while natural vibes cut is on "drum song". wicked. get yourself some of this good stuff...

m.

solid rock
January 13, 2006 05:39PM

> get yourself some of this good stuff...

sheeeeeit woman, who do you think you're talking to? like i'm not some kind of full blown addict... or, ahem, i mean thank you , i did get that one!

>:-)

nobody knows about the blackstones then?

seems like that means it's newly released?

--
Conscious Pilot
Is this not this...
January 13, 2006 05:50PM
I was talking with Trevor Sax in the street earlier this evening and he told me that he'd received a copy of the new Blackstones LP for Studio One and that it was the best thing they'd ever done. Considering the 'Stones led by Leon Leiffer have been making great music for 30 years this is a great claim. He also said that there is a full length album from Otis Gayle, who cut one outstanding song for Coxsone called 'I'll Be Around' and some two or three other tracks. Trevor also mentioned that there are ten more new Studio One albums set to hit the streets in the coming months.

Observer
January 13, 2006 05:56PM
Yes it's an album recorded by UK band The Blackstones for Coxsone, completed shortly before his death, but only just released now.

I've heard several cuts and it's very nice, up there with the other top "new" S1 albums such as Wailing Souls' "Square Deal".

Respect

Gordon
solid rock
January 13, 2006 06:31PM

wow, high praise then

and yes i can also confirm certainly that this is new.. coming soon are JD Smooth and a Karen Vibes.. plus more

YESSSSSSS

--
jb welda
January 13, 2006 06:38PM
the others came out on vinyl first and then, after a long wait, finally on cd. now this one comes out on cd first and i want vinyl!!!

you just cant win!

one love
jah bill
January 13, 2006 07:01PM
...so this is a 'stones reference thread?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login