Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FAO Crazy Downbeat

Posted by Gordon 
FAO Crazy Downbeat
January 13, 2006 04:57AM
The people who knew the most about reggae music at the other place were myself and Penny Reel. Also Juha has left and many others too. There is not much knowledge about proper reggae music there now. It is either here or on my board.

Respect

Gordon
Conscious Pilot
Re: FAO Crazy Downbeat
January 13, 2006 05:06AM
Everyone is entitled to your own opinion Gordy ;0)
Ease down the road,
Pilot
January 13, 2006 05:07AM
This is - hands down - THE place for information on food in London though.

: - )

Respect

Baldy

Mash it Up! - Upbeat, danceable reggae and straight-up, funky-assed funk.
We give money to the Alpha Boys School
[www.mashitup.org.uk]
MickH
January 13, 2006 05:07AM
Steady on Gordon...Russ D , reggaemusicstore,TimP,Mike Turner,Dougie Wardrop and that is just off the top of my head.......yeh u know abit...but so does a LOT of other people...
The man
January 13, 2006 05:42AM
Dougie doesn't know music, Mick. This is the guy that runs Conscious Sounds, remember!

Observer
zoki
January 13, 2006 05:43AM
Actually, Im the one who's been posting on the B&F under the pseudonym "reggaemusicstore", just for your info folks.
MickH
January 13, 2006 05:50AM
LOL... I still remember you bellowing outside his studios..COME ON YOU SPUURS!!!
January 13, 2006 05:50AM
That's a wild claim, Gordon.

There's still a huge pool of knowledge over there, whatever people may feel about the recent goings on. There has certainly been plenty of alienation happening but the board is full of clued up pesonalities!
aka_richie
January 13, 2006 08:14AM
>The people who knew the most about reggae music at the other place...

personally, i always preferred the postings made by people who knew a little something about 'life'. ...reggae knowledge was/is simply a bonus.

January 13, 2006 08:43AM
I'll second that Richie. It was essential reading for so many reasons.

I once had a Bush Chemists CD (isn't that Dougie's fare?). I quite liked a couple of vocals on it (Hughie Izachaar if I'm correct) but I never really warmed to it enough to hang on to it.
HIGHPRAISE
January 13, 2006 10:39AM
>"people who knew the most about reggae music at the other place were myself and Penny Reel"<
>"proper reggae music"<

Gosh . I feel so blessed ta have y'all on this board now ..
zoki
January 13, 2006 11:25AM
HIGHPRAISE wrote:

"Gosh . I feel so blessed ta have y'all on this board now .."

Heh he heh...Esp. aka_richie.
January 13, 2006 01:08PM
I think Gordons lack of knowledge on current reggae would hurt his claim.
Baldy
January 13, 2006 01:09PM
ganjalion - Are we talking about the same Gordon here?

Respect

Baldy
January 13, 2006 01:29PM
I know a fair bit about current artists such as Turbulence, Fantan Mojah, Warrior King, et al. But I do not have the money to keep up with their prolific output.

It seems that they release an album every 2 months or so these days!(Saying that both Gregory Isaacs and Frankie Paul seemed to do the same in the 80s).

Respect

Gordon
January 13, 2006 01:32PM
You guys have some kind of Matirx-like device over there that I can insert into my head and upload your knowledge? Respect.

fourtwentyplenty
Big Time Star
January 13, 2006 01:38PM
I'm sure Zoki can help you out with any 'insertion' issues

January 13, 2006 02:18PM
Nobody knows the half of it.

That's what makes JA music reasoning so interesting .
C.D
January 13, 2006 03:18PM
It worked because it was a collective knowledge,some people filling the gaps in others knowledge, half of that collective has now gone ,it is very sad.
C.D
pale ryder
January 13, 2006 03:43PM
420------I know Kung Fu!
tim p
January 13, 2006 03:51PM
zoki
January 13, 2006 04:54PM
420, I can also help you with 'devices' issue.
funk them all
January 13, 2006 10:52PM
gordon: i've forgotten more than you'll ever know
January 14, 2006 05:43AM
Whatever.
dougie conscious
January 14, 2006 09:56AM
The people who knew the most about reggae music at the other place were myself and Penny Reel,talk about blow your own trumpet i challenge anyone on the subject of minor chord heavywieght reggae tunes{not the limp major rock tunes penny and gord seem to love}i run conscious sounds,what do you run penny? the marathon
January 14, 2006 10:06AM
"personally, i always preferred the postings made by people who knew a little something about 'life'. ...reggae knowledge was/is simply a bonus."

I with richie on this!

But even as 100% music board, there is still enough knowledge on BAF to answer your questions about reggae. And I'm sure this will not change in the future.

But I do have my doubts about the football wisdom on BAF ;-)
dougie conscious
January 14, 2006 10:59AM
football is cool,even bob liked a kick around
mouarf!
January 14, 2006 11:07AM
dougie conscious wrote:

> Author: Gordon (---.freedom2surf.net)
Date: 01-13-06 04:57

The people who knew the most about reggae music at the other place were myself ...

but you don't know a ting 'bout humbleness.
tim p
January 14, 2006 11:28AM
Author: Gordon (---.freedom2surf.net)
Date: 01-13-06 04:57
"The people who knew the most about reggae music at the other place were myself and Penny Reel."

Date: 01-14-06 05:46
"Arrogant wankers aren't invited"

With the greatest respect to all involved I'm having a real problem in reconciling the above two statements.

Tim
dougie conscious
January 14, 2006 12:00PM
mouarf i think you got your wires crossed,The people who knew the most about reggae music at the other place were myself{gordon} and Penny Reel, just useing gordons quote
B.M.C.
January 14, 2006 12:05PM
Let me help out and say that I defintely do *not* know the most about reggae music by far at the other place or here or the new place for that matter. Hope that helps the search to the right answer a bit further. :-)
bmd
January 14, 2006 12:16PM
Just what the hell is Reggae? Would someone let me know,. Is it like Macedonian Bagpipe music in any way?
January 14, 2006 12:27PM
I'm not arrogant, never have been, never will be.

I don't take crap from people, there's a difference.

As for knowing the most, well I know lots but I do admit I forgot about Mike Turner and of course Steve Barrow. Penny Reel knows more than all of us put together and he may be controversial at times but I challenge those hating him to go out and publish a book on the music as good as "Deep Down With Dennis Brown".

Respect

Gordon
mouarf
January 14, 2006 01:07PM
ok so Gordon is Dougie? x-cuz me if i "had my wires crossed" but you must admit that this story is a bit complicated.

C.D
January 14, 2006 01:10PM
I'm just blushing to have such a controversial post named after me!
January 14, 2006 01:19PM
Yes, I'm Dougie and I produced that wicked Kenny Knots on Sleng Teng. hehehehe smiling smiley

Respect

Gordon
mouarf!
January 14, 2006 01:59PM
ok so why don't you call yourself yourself Dougie? why don't you want to came in the right way? why don't you want to call a lion a lion? do you want a moderator to ban you Gordon/Dougie? mouhahaha!

P.S any Kenny Knots tune is wicked. respect.
January 14, 2006 02:02PM
DOH............................................
January 14, 2006 02:04PM
Actually I'm Gordon. My real name is Gordon and I've always used it as I've nothing to hide.

Dougie is Dougie Wardrop aka Dougie Concious, a seemingly good bloke despite his love of Arsenal smiling smiley

Respect

Gordon
January 14, 2006 02:05PM
"I defintely do *not* know the most about reggae music by far at the other place or here or the new place for that matter."

I know far less than you BMC smiling smiley
mouarf!
January 14, 2006 02:10PM
i'm just joking GordonDougie. smiling smiley

P.S2 any Kenny Knots tune is wicked ... especialy that wicked Kenny Knotts on Sleng Teng. hehehehe winking smiley
confused
January 14, 2006 02:16PM
uthor: Gordon (---.freedom2surf.net)
Date: 01-14-06 14:04

Actually I'm Gordon. My real name is Gordon and I've always used it as I've nothing to hide.

Weren't you posting to yourself at the other place asking an invite to your message board or something a little while ago, using the name TheShadowKnows or The Shadow or something like that?
Baldy
January 14, 2006 02:17PM
What's all this talk of reggae music useful for? For goodness sake!

The important question is - who knows the most about London's quality (budget) eateries?

Respect

Baldy
Baldy
January 14, 2006 02:22PM
Good question confused.

I bet The Shadow knows

Actually - judging by the nose - the shadow is much more likely to be me.

: - )
January 14, 2006 02:28PM
Yes I did Confused, that was in jest. Nothing malicious intended like the rest of them.

Did you have a wank over it?

Gordon
January 14, 2006 03:33PM
Reggae?

This is the Sierra Nevada World Food Festival isn't it??

winking smiley
January 14, 2006 03:36PM
Author: B.M.C. (---.cable.casema.nl)
Date: 01-14-06 12:05

"Let me help out and say that I defintely do *not* know the most about reggae music by far at the other place or here or the new place for that matter".

Who cares, I for one find the knowledge that you do have to be very helpful and you certainly don't mind sharing it. That's what it's all about.

smiling smiley
Baldy
January 14, 2006 03:48PM
Author: Freddy C (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: 01-14-06 15:33

Reggae?

This is the Sierra Nevada World Food Festival isn't it??

winking smiley

Freddy - the correct title is 'Sierra Nevada World Munchies Festival'

respect

Baldy
zoki
January 14, 2006 04:20PM
Actually I'm Gordon. My real name is Gordon and I've always used it as I've nothing to hide in front of these lovely sistrens at SNWMF.
Baldy
January 14, 2006 04:38PM
No I'm Sprtacus!

Baldy
January 14, 2006 04:38PM
sp.
oops.
C.D
January 14, 2006 05:29PM
Ive got dejavu
C.D
January 15, 2006 12:26AM
"Freddy - the correct title is 'Sierra Nevada World Munchies Festival'"

Three words.......BEAN PIE MAN!!! Combine that with the strawberry shortcake he says is "so good it'll make you wanna smack yo mama!!!!" Truth you speak!

fourtwentyplenty
LaSombraSabe
January 15, 2006 02:31AM
So this is where all the knowledge went, this thread has really enlightened me. Thanks Gordon.
dougie conscious
January 15, 2006 03:22AM
post gone crazy
tim p
January 15, 2006 09:05AM

Date: 01-14-06 14:28
Yes I did Confused, that was in jest. Nothing malicious intended like the rest of them.
Did you have a wank over it?
Gordon

Given that "Confused" pointed out a truth Gordon why do you have to be so disrespectful?
Pat O'Banton
January 15, 2006 09:29AM
I think Gordon is so disrespectful at the moment because he has his new forum up and running, and like all the times in the past when he's got one of his schemes in motion, Roots On Wax being but one example that springs to mind, he thinks he will be king of the world in about two weeks time. Same old same old really. Doesn't seem to realise that you have to work very hard at something if you really want it to succeed, that it won't just land in your lap free of charge, that the slightest knockback doesn't mean instantly throwing in the towel. I think though that when his latest girlfriend realises what she's let herself in for and dumps him like a mouldy cheese sandwich, he will be back to his normal cheery self, threatening to kill himself every couple of weeks, saying THIS STOPS NOW!! at every imagined slight from other posters. We all know the drill by now. Hey Gordy, now that you're all sorted and getting your feet under the table, maybe you'll be able to take the next step and actually get a job. You know, like in real life. Would be nice to know that my tax dollars aren't going to fund your latest music purchases or your trips to London and France and wherever else you plan on going. The job centre not being one of them alas.
January 15, 2006 10:21AM
Yawn. When did you last go to the job centre? Or still living on past glories?

Gordon
January 15, 2006 10:23AM
And why don't you post under your Reel name?

You don't know what's happening in my life at the moment. So hush up.

Gordon.
January 15, 2006 10:47AM
As for disrespect, people disrespect me all the time. Or haven't you noticed?

Er respect

Gordon
C.D
January 15, 2006 11:11AM
Why do you have to be so hateful penny?
C.D
LoveDub
January 15, 2006 11:17AM
Many people have mentioned before,that penny should seek professional advice.
tim p
January 15, 2006 11:29AM
Date: 01-15-06 10:47
As for disrespect, people disrespect me all the time. Or haven't you noticed?
Er respect
Gordon

So people should respect you but you don't have to respect them??
Come on Gordon - this sh*t works both ways, you should know that.
January 15, 2006 11:31AM
Ok I retract my statement. But I don't have to kiss anyone's arse just to please the masses.

Respect

Gordon
Didier Didi Dibs
January 15, 2006 11:43AM
What nastyness, jah bill or someone whould take a leaf out of B&F's book and delete this thread and ban Pat O' Banter.

how utterly horrid of whoever wrote that.
Pat O'Banton
January 15, 2006 11:44AM
I'm not Penny Reel, by the way. Please apologize to him forthwith Gordon. I think it was established a few weeks back that some posters who utilize the same service provider get the same address as Penny's showing up on here. I must be another one. This was noted when someone was posting things pretending to be authored by him. They were deleted pretty quickly though, so might not have been seen by that many people.

Pat O'Banton
January 15, 2006 11:48AM
And may I just take issue with this part of your post Gordon.

"You don't know what's happening in my life at the moment"

Unfortunately we do, because you're always blathering on about yourself and your "new girlfriend", like anyone gives two hoots about it.

confused
January 15, 2006 12:04PM
I am still quite confused

There doesn't appear to be a new message board anywhere - is it secret? If so, then it appears to be tightly controlled, wasn't that what Gordon was complaining about on the other side?
Baldy
January 15, 2006 12:07PM
January 15, 2006 12:13PM
Didier Didi Dibs
January 15, 2006 12:32PM
Well Pattie Ba Tonne, you must be Tim P then...
Grumpy
January 15, 2006 12:44PM
If I might blend the reference above to posterior osculation with MickH's observation on the greasy spoon thread that he could eat a nun's arse through a convent gate, what do colleagues feel is the best way to prepare a rump steak? Any suggestions for a marinade?
tim p
January 15, 2006 12:56PM
Author: Didier Didi Dibs (---.range86-130.btcentralplus.com)
Date: 01-15-06 12:32
Well Pattie Ba Tonne, you must be Tim P then...

nope...not me.
Big Time Star
January 15, 2006 02:27PM
Grumpy - I suggest binning the dead animal and munching some vegetables instead. Far nicer old chap, and so much better for you too!

Pat O'Banton
January 15, 2006 02:34PM
Confused: You have to be invited to join Gordy's elite new board. Sorry if I misquote him here, but in another thread he said this was "to keep the undesirables out". He probably won't see the irony in that statement and his bemoaning of the situation over on 'the other place'. He's not that bright. By the way Gordon - I'm still waiting for my invitation. I do hope it hasn't got lost in the mail.

mashdown45
January 21, 2006 02:04AM
Pat O' Banton - love the name
January 21, 2006 05:18AM
Author: Pat O'Banton (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: 01-15-06 14:34

"You have to be invited to join Gordy's elite new board ...."

It's not 'elite', just discrete to avoid spammers and negativity.

"He's not that bright ...."

What's that other than negativity??

"By the way Gordon - I'm still waiting for my invitation ...."

Insulting him probably isn't the best approach, then.

He may not know who you are, either!
January 22, 2006 05:47AM
Anyone who mentions "my tax dollars" is a c**t. Your tax dollars got spent on your stinking right wing oil war, fool! Poor people still living under the motorway without no help out there you small minded cretin. (gord is in the uk anyway) Having said that...Big words Gord, i can feel a clash coming on! Round One - Minor Chord roots - Gordon VS Dougie. Round Two Major Chord Ska - Gordon VS Mike Turner, then Penny VS Barrow?? etc. etc..... Cheyenne VS The BAF Grudge Posse? ha ha....money where the mouth is boys! I know Augui at soundclash.org is looking for some radio clashers...anyone want to have some friendly clash fun with me and studio one or roots? :-) gonna be a lot more of a laugh than all the egos and bitching anyway....."my name is dougie and i've mashed it up with pure killers on my label for nigh on 15 years" has a more truthful ring to it (my objective opinion btw i speak only my own mind!)
The man
January 22, 2006 05:52AM
Any time you're ready for a clash Jack I'll match you. Roots, Studio One or ska. You choose the weeapons and I'll come out fighting.

Reel
limey fag
January 22, 2006 11:06AM
you guys are all pretty funny. no wonder people think white reggae fans are losers.
January 22, 2006 12:32PM
I tell you what - I've been two weeks without, and I would love to have a fag right about now.

Baldy

Mash it Up! - Upbeat, danceable reggae and straight-up, funky-assed funk.
We give money to the Alpha Boys School
[www.mashitup.org.uk]
tim p
January 22, 2006 01:56PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login