Turbulence - Most Outstanding Artiste for 2005

Posted by papajoshua 
papajoshua
January 13, 2006 10:04AM
JA STAR reporter TEINO EVANS, Staff Reporter
Turbulence - CARLINGTON WILMOT PHOTOS

THE VOTES ARE in, and the voice of the people quite loud and clear. Following a poll conducted in THE STAR, Turbulence has been picked as the Most Outstanding Artiste for 2005.

The deejay walked away with the title over a field of other artistes including Sizzla, Elephant Man, Voicemail, Damian Marley, Sean Paul and Richie Spice.

The deejay, who is now on top of the world, having celebrated his 'earthstrong' earlier this week, was quite excited about the acknowledgement.

" ...Yow, guh tell mi modda," he shouted to someone after being told the news.

He said words could not describe the joy he was feeling. " ... It mek mi feel like mi duh a work, my work is being recognised, an' mi sing some song weh nah guh dead fi now. As a likkle yout', knowing seh a me write mi song dem, an di people dem vote mi in as artiste of the year, it really mek mi feel good," he said.

Turbulence in looking back at last year, says 2005 was a "turbulent year. We had ups and downs, but most of it was good, suh wi satisfied, an' now di people recognise seh Turbulence is not a artiste fi ramp wid."

MORE SINGING FOR 2006

Apart from maintaining his high standard of work as an artiste and regaining the title once more, Turbulence promised more singing, or singjay, as he says that's what the people love.

"Mi waan fi be di artiste a di year fi 2006, a bare work an fire, wi nah lapse from burn di fire ... di same work, higher level. More singing, cause di people dem love di singing more dan even di rough ting ... even some authentic singing weh di people dem nah expect from Turbulence. Jah bless mi, suh wi a gwaan do di work. We are jus' di instruments, di music higher dan wi, not even the name Turbulence, word is not wind, but word is the beginning," he said.

Turbulence, however, could not conclude without singing praise for the strong support that his Higher Trod family has given him from the very beginning.

"Higher Trod was there when Turbulence buss, an' a dem help fi mek Turbulence number one fi 2005," he said.
papajoshua
Re: Turbulence - Most Outstanding Artiste for 2005
January 13, 2006 10:05AM
was my biggest disappointment by an artist when he didnt show up for snwmf05....
January 13, 2006 11:00AM
Yeah, he was so outstanding he stood himself right out of SNWMF...
solid rock
January 13, 2006 11:03AM

i think you can assign a big portion of responsibility for that to fizzler

turby was not in the drivers' seat then the way he would be now.........

--
B.M.C.
January 13, 2006 11:18AM
Ofcourse he is! The best current artist out there by a mile. Though I've been saying that for some time now. ;-)

Yep, the snmwf-crew is dissappointed about him for not showing up, but he did show up at plenty of other shows in the world, among which one here in the Netherlands and besides that, it's the tunes that make this qualification 100% correct for me!
January 13, 2006 01:02PM
Turbulence, artist of the year? Nah, I'd raher give it to warrior king. Hold teh Faith is much better than songs of solomon. I don't think Sizzla had anything to do with Turb's last minute flight requests.
B.M.C.
January 13, 2006 01:24PM
> Hold teh Faith is much better than songs of solomon.

True. But if you gonna check for quality 45s in 2005 from both.......
January 13, 2006 01:30PM
Good point Solid. Spliff, at the time Turbulence did not equal Sizzla and Sizzla would maybe have gotten those flights in terms of stature. Maybe not from SN, but he was large enough to request it. Turbulence was nowhere near that at the time. Maybe he is now.

fourtwentyplenty
January 13, 2006 01:50PM
Yeah and from what I remember Turbulence was the opening act for Sizzla so they would have the same stage set up, band etc. So it was kind of a package deal. No Sizzla meant no Turbulence
BG
January 13, 2006 04:06PM
it must have been the Turbulence/Binghi ghost collaboration that set the judges on fire.
January 13, 2006 06:59PM
well deserved, I've been feelin Turbulance since fall of '99- good to see him get the recognition he deserves. Sizzla paved the way, but it's nice that Turbulance has successfully busted out on his own.
January 13, 2006 07:15PM
> it must have been the Turbulence/Binghi ghost collaboration that set the judges on fire.

nice tune dat! Good Mahnin'
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login