Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SNWMF 2006- Dates & new venue

Posted by Warren & Gretchen 
SNWMF 2006- Dates & new venue
January 13, 2006 09:31PM
SNWMF 2006 is scheduled for Friday, June 23 through Sunday June 25, 2006 (the first weekend of the summer). Our Northern California venue will be announced within the next couple of weeks! Please be patient for a short time longer. As with our artists, we are unable to announce our new venue until all the i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed. Everything should be finalized in the next 10 days and we will let you know asap. Mail Order Tickets for SNWMF 2006 will go on sale February 6th 2006. Details will be posted soon. All of us at SNWMF are very excited about this new beginning and look forward to a beautiful summer solstice celebration! Thank you so much for all the support we’ve received during our search for the best location for SNWMF’s wonderful audience, artists, vendors, and team of professionals and volunteers. We think you are the best!
Respectfully,
Warren and Gretchen

Re: SNWMF 2006- Dates & new venue
January 13, 2006 09:34PM
YES! YES! YES! I was just sending out e-mails in response to inquiries I've gotten about the location. Now I can just direct them to the board as we all wait in anticipation. Thanks Warren and Gretchen for hanging in there through all the trials. I know it ain't easy. Respect.

fourtwentyplenty
January 13, 2006 09:36PM
Peace thanks for the update. Nice on the dates. I think that frees up the US World cup game
January 13, 2006 10:32PM
Give thanks for the announcement of the dates. Now the Guam posse can start making plans to attend. Last year's SNWMF has had a huge effect on Guam's local radio broadcasting. Now you can tune in any day, and there's a good chance you will be hearing Bambu Station, Groundation, Niyorah... And SOJA is mashing up the airwaves with two tracks from "Peace In a Time of War" placing on the weekly Top Ten almost continuously since last summer ("Rasta Courage" and "True Love"winking smiley. The response to SOJA is so awesome that one of our largest local CD stores has a sign in the window "No, we do not have any SOJA cds".

Looking forward to another great SNWMF in 2006 no matter where it takes place!

Forward
Jah Son RAW #33
January 14, 2006 12:24AM
Great news Warren & Gretchen. Glad to hear things are coming together. You can count on my wife and I on attending anywhere you have it. 9 years and counting.....................ROB
January 14, 2006 01:07AM
I'm a performing artist part of a performance troupe. I also regularly go to the festival. How do I submit a demo cd to be considered for performance art at this years festival? Our vibe would be great there and I think that what we offer would add a beautiful and awesome element.

let me know.

sequoia
January 14, 2006 01:20AM
from [www.snwmf.com]:

Artists interested in performing at SNWMF '05 should send their promo packets to the address below. Please only send materials that are commercially available (no CD-Rs).

SNWMF 2005
PO Box 208
Ryde, CA 95680
January 14, 2006 02:46AM
great news! as I started reading this thread it started to snow again- happy day for me! Can't wait to hear which venue we'll be gracing this summer. Thank you Warren and Gretchen!
Zana
January 14, 2006 05:02AM
Thanks for the update.
No matter where the location is, I'll be there for sure.
January 14, 2006 05:48AM
Gretchen, thanks for the update
January 14, 2006 06:08AM
whaapen, ya nah no manners fi Warren tuh?

January 14, 2006 03:50PM
Making plans already smiling smiley I'll DEFINITELY be there, this time with my 9 year-old protege in tow.

Respect-

DJ Bahilman
January 14, 2006 06:26PM
Thanks Warren&Gretchen!This is the Best News!Its hard to got to your Wonderful Festival because Live Oak is always the Fathers Day Weekend!I am Soooo Happy!
January 14, 2006 10:20PM
I'll be there... without a doubt! Thanks for keeping it alive Warren and Gretchen.
J from DC
January 15, 2006 04:30PM
We will be there for the fourth in a row all the way from DC. Keep the vibes going...
January 15, 2006 04:50PM

Give thanks for the info, Making plans to have that time free-up for irie vibes
come-unity!
January 18, 2006 03:26AM
Thanks !
I can start booking flight now.

Michael
January 18, 2006 04:26PM
more love and many blessings
will be nice to start the summer off right..

ready to get the posters rolling!!

blessed
empress L

"It takes a whole village to raise a child" African Proverb
AAA
January 19, 2006 06:22AM
Give thanks Mr and Mz Smith-Franz.....for not letting a little thing like location location location stop the roll!!! C U soon!
Love youse,
A
January 19, 2006 01:37PM
We will be there... without a doubt!
Thanks for keeping it alive Warren and Gretchen.
8th year in a row wouldn't miss it.. Thank you!!!!!!
Sisterlil
shaunsta
January 19, 2006 09:19PM
Irie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you for the info Jah bless
January 19, 2006 10:00PM
good news....
January 21, 2006 08:27PM
To the sweetest music festival on earth
The gathering of the Roots Tribe
Give Thanks and Praise
to Warren and Gretchen
and all the beautiful people helping
to make it happen
February 09, 2006 11:01AM
I am making an attempt to contact you about volunteering to work . Im a marysville kid from years past. i usually camp with Cristafarri and the rest of the marysville kids. Please reply
Lex
February 09, 2006 05:28PM
What of the local talent? Will you be asking the band ROOTSTOCK to play? Those guys have been around a long time and have really put together a nice sound.
Ire stuff at...www.rootstockreggae.com
www.myspace.com/rootstock

jb welda
February 09, 2006 06:05PM
the festival doesnt generally "ask" anyone, esp not local outfits, to play. if you would like your outfit to be considered for a spot please dont spam this board over it. instead send a professionally put together artists package hopefully including a cd or dvd sample of your work to the address listed elsewhere, eg: in ryde, for consideration.

one love
jah bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login