Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Russ D from Surrey writes

Posted by The man 
The man
A Russ D from Surrey writes
January 14, 2006 12:51PM
Referring to this sunny site, a Russ Bell Brown asks, "do I too have to get banned to recieve an invite into its hallowed borders?"

Well really Russ, you know you don't have to do such a thing. In fact you've been here before, answering a thread started by myself.

In fact, you can post here without even registering. And there's no Shy Anne with small moustache and outraised right hand banning old friends.

I know you love your reggae, but even you cannot live by reggae alone. Cafes in London are at least as interesting as Jah Warriot's new dubplates, probably more so. Besides the people here are mostly hippies, surely a more advanced human form than miserable Mancunians with no sense of humour and really no sense at all.

Reel
Re: A Russ D from Surrey writes
January 14, 2006 01:23PM
he meant gordon's club of moping queens, not this board, stirrer

bmd
January 14, 2006 01:25PM
That's not a very helpful attitude Wanking Dread, there's no one moping over there as far as I'm aware, quite the opposite in fact.
January 14, 2006 01:46PM
No moping at my place, we've been discussing the merits of Norwegian Ski Jumping and Naggo Morris.

Arrogant wankers aren't invited.

Gordon
russ d
Re: A Russ D from Surrey replies
January 14, 2006 01:47PM
mr peter l simons, i wasn`t refering to this site, but to the oft mentioned new site by a former northern baffer !

i do`nt live in london, i visit it for a few hours maybe once a week, or every two weeks, i know a few places for food but really i can wait till i reach home before needing any real consumption, so its food establishments are not a high priority to my knowledge base... but if not already mentioned then a big shout to my favorite pattie emporium `mr patty` up in harlesden, the best patties in london town !

moderating is also not something i feel particularly bothered about either.

also i`m not a hippy...man...we dashed them in `76 !
January 14, 2006 02:05PM
If Russ, Dougie or Steve would like to join my new board they're more than welcome. While modern UK roots isn't my personal cup of tea, I appreciate it still and it will be good to have them on board. I'll even set up a North London Football section for them!

Respect

Gordon
russ d
January 14, 2006 02:12PM
where is your board then, what is its url ?...i`m fascinated...though no interested in football !
MickH
January 14, 2006 02:29PM
I tried to join Gordon, but it will not accept any username I put in.
twanking dread
January 14, 2006 06:00PM
who would want to join that bunch of nutters,b+f simply the best
russ d
January 14, 2006 09:20PM
i still await my invite and the url to this new forum, there seems to be a distinct lack of a link to it either on this forum, or anywhere else... i`m still thinking there must be a catch to it, or maybe i have upset someone and been deemed unfit to join ?
January 14, 2006 09:31PM
It's private Russ to keep spammers and undesirables out.

Where can I reach you, is there an e-mail link somewhere as I'm reluctant to make my own e-mail public these days.

Respect

Gordon
January 14, 2006 09:43PM
there ya go !
The man
January 14, 2006 10:26PM
Russ, I thought you meant here. I'm sure you said something about the "greasy spoon" thread. You might have dashed the hippies in 1976, but you missed me! I've known teds, mods, rockers, beats, hippies, skins, punks and rockabilly rebels and always got on with all of them. In 1967 I started growing my hair, in 1969 I cut it. I then grew it again until 1975, and then cut it. In 1976 I stopped cutting my hair for 29 years and then in early 2005 I cut it. It's been growing ever since. I like Love, The Doors, marijuana, books, music, writing, backgammon, Spurs and my current favourite ever film is The Big Lbowski starring the great Jeff Bridges as The Dude.

Reel
russ d
Re: A Russ D from Surrey replies
January 15, 2006 12:52PM
peter, thanks for the blog, you should have your own webpage you know !

myself, in `67 i was living in australia, just 6 years old, going out catching lizards, chasing kangaroo`s and playing with gumby and matt mason in the back garden...my hair was short... in `69 not much change... in `75 we had moved back to blighty five years previously, i was mainly listening to hendrix and iggy pop, my hair was growing a little longer... in `76 i heard the ramones, saw the pistols on janet street porter and entrenched myself in that...a little later i cut my hair short, its been that way ever since.... i love reggae, some early soul, especially any later done in reggae, and some jazz, and have recently been listening back to some tunes from my youth, though very little punk, which in retrospect was less about good music and more about attitude, i don`t smoke or drink alcohol, i do`nt partake of any games, can`t stand football, i do`nt have a current favorite film, i pass my time in my studio making uk reggae and dub, some like it, some do`nt.... i never had friends of the ted, mod, skin, rockabilly persuasion, were`nt they all like in the 50`s and 60`s or something, way before my time and longtime gone now i suspect.
Dubgroove
January 15, 2006 04:43PM
Mr. Reel, Was that 29 years of dreadlocks perhaps???
The man
January 15, 2006 05:08PM
No Dubgroove, I never locksed up. I just didn't cut my hair and kept it in a hat most of the time.

Reel
January 15, 2006 06:39PM
Gordon (or to whoever's concerned),
Please send the link to my email addy.

Ta!
January 15, 2006 06:52PM
Hello !

Gordon i'd like to come and read this new board too ... pliz drop me an email :
i_man_01(at)yahoo(dot)fr

thnxX.

@+...

Post Edited (01-15-06 10:53)
January 16, 2006 12:11AM
"Arrogant wankers aren't invited"

gordon, i like you and i'm sure you're a decent guy but you act like a ten year old more often than not and are rather deluded about your own importance, didn't ask for an invitation to your board and never wanted one - the irony in this inept moderating of your new board which was launched in response to the inept moderating of b+f has been pointed out by others, anyway good luck with it and get well soon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login