Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OT - pittsburgh steelers looking good!!!

Posted by roots-ee 
OT - pittsburgh steelers looking good!!!
January 15, 2006 03:14PM
maybe eh? :-)
Re: OT - pittsburgh steelers looking good!!!
January 15, 2006 06:04PM
yeah, an da Bears s@#t pon demself

but watch out fi dem Seahawks now!!!
cansaman
January 15, 2006 07:39PM
Bless up Ras an crew. You know it gonna be Seahawks vs Broncos
January 16, 2006 08:03AM
My Bears got beat by a better team yesterday. Season is now over. What a run. Gives us something to look forward to next year.....GO BEARS
trinitymlk
January 16, 2006 08:11AM
I have to say that I hope the Steelers go all the way, as it would be great for the Bus to go out on top. You can't find a better person than Gerome throughout the NFL.

Did anyone else hear "Jamrock" during the Carolina/Chicago game last night? You could clearly hear Ini sing "Out in the Streets...." as they cut to a commercial break.

You know your song is officially huge when its being mixed with Journey tunes on ABC sports. Nice one Damian.

January 16, 2006 09:50AM
If I was seattle(my home town), I would not be wanting to play Carolina next week. After shutting out the Giants last week in New York they managed to beat the Bears as well in Chicago in a bruising battle of wills.

Too me, they look like the best team in the NFL at this point, I didnt pay much attention to them during the regualr season but after these last two games I am very much impressed, although they lost a damn good running back in Foster with a broken ankle in the Bear game.
January 16, 2006 12:04PM
steelers VS broncos - i am rooting for PITTSBURGH ( steelers )

panthers VS seahawks ( maybe SEATTLE seahawks ???)

super bowl winners - Pittsburgh Steelers

:-)
January 16, 2006 12:33PM
da Bears were ovahrated... I like da Panthers ta tek it all IF dem beat Seahawks!
January 16, 2006 12:35PM
Well, my football viewing season essentially ends next week with the Conference Championship games, both games outdoors where real football games are played. I hate dome teams and especially dome games like the Super Bowl in Detroit...Thats not really football, that just oversized Arena Football. Its so fake looking, played on a plastic field with a plastic roof and air conditioning. Call me old-school, but I can stand that sh*t.

I'm having a Super Bowl party, but I'll be into the caribbean food, reggae sounds and special rum drinks with only a side interest in the game.
January 16, 2006 02:46PM
yes - football should be played on grass like ricky williams did.
January 16, 2006 03:24PM
I think DA BEARS earned every win. You remember they got 10 wins with a rookie Q.B. (who ranked last in the league) and a hellashish defense that broke down in the playoffs. A good foundation to build off of........................ROB
January 16, 2006 03:53PM
rhythmwize, enjoy your party star...

i & i posse, the ark band [thearkband.com] will be playing in detroit
on super sunday at the TRENCHTOWN club on woodward avenue during the game
so there will football and reggae and soca music and good eats too,

one love one heart roots-ee
January 16, 2006 04:22PM
lol dirtweed!!!

m.
ps--go seahawks!!!

January 16, 2006 04:22PM
I liked the Bears, Washington and Carolina...those teams are gonna be tuff next year, especially if the bears and redskins improve their offence. All three very well coached. They will definitely put a hurt on you and play smart, my kinda football teams.
matt
January 16, 2006 04:59PM
i didn't think my boys could pull it this year, but after dismantling the colts in fine fashion, i can see them goimg to the dance. i remember saying about bettis, when he was a los angeles ram, that he was my favorite back to watch besides barry sanders. and now he's a longtime steeler who almost loses the game for them after a terrible call. go figure. i think there's something in the water in pittsburgh. we moved when i was five, and i'm still a ravenous fan.
go stillers (vs. seahawks in the super bowl)
January 16, 2006 05:37PM
cool matt...
deh 2 a wi steelers fans here this year 2006...

maybe eh deh gwaan tek it...jus maybe?
trinitymlk
January 16, 2006 06:40PM
1985 ..Soldier Field.. scalded by a flaming hot nacho

January 16, 2006 07:20PM
that call was awful...Palumalo (sp?) clearly intercepted that football, i could not believe the ref botched that call!!! it makes me think instant replay aint all its cracked up to be if these jokers are overturning calls that they got right the first time, and i aint even a steelers fan.
matt
January 17, 2006 04:26PM
even tough i was cursing that call up and down at the time, i realize that it did make the game all that much more exciting to watch, and that's really the only game i've watched all of this season.treez wrote:

> that call was awful...Palumalo (sp?) clearly intercepted that
> football, i could not believe the ref botched that call!!! it
> makes me think instant replay aint all its cracked up to be if
> these jokers are overturning calls that they got right the
> first time, and i aint even a steelers fan.
January 17, 2006 06:45PM
LOL! hellashish

~HIGHEST HEIGHTZ EVERY TIME~
January 17, 2006 06:46PM
S-E-A-Hawks!, hawks!, hawks!,

~HIGHEST HEIGHTZ EVERY TIME~
January 17, 2006 07:09PM
For Treez concerned about the bad call:

"He maintained possession long enough to establish a catch," Pereira (nfl vp for officiating) said. "Therefore, the replay review should have upheld the call on the field that it was a catch and fumble."

WTF? Oh I see, now there is a unknown/undisclosed time element involved...ie, if you maintain possession "long enuff" its a catch. Well, he only had possession about 1 second, is that long enuff? Seems to me if its a subjective determination as to what constitues "long enuff" then its not something suitable for review by instant replay, much like pass interference.

Im not saying the ref got it right, which he obviously didnt from a common sense standpoint; Im just saying it appears the league is wrong on blaming the refs that they got it wrong unless they want to define what "long enuff" really is. Both the ref and the replay official were assuming "long enuff" was until he got up from the ground...something that can be determined from instant replay. So, why did they both get it wrong?

Something is definitely wrong here...either the rule is poorly written or the officials are poorly trained or the league is just trying to cover their embarrassed ass.
January 17, 2006 07:42PM
I agree with you RW, and I'm not gonna attempt to explain why it was a catch/interception. But I will say the reason that Morrelli (the ref in the game) provided was BS to the fullest, and in no way, shape or form was reason enough to overturn the call on the field.

he said somthing like...his right knee was still down while the other knee knocked the ball out, so he never had possession. Therefore, according to Morrelli, Polamalu could have been laying on the ground for 5 whole seconds before he knocked the ball out, and he never would have had possession. ya follow? it doesn't make sense to me at all.

but yea, it did make the game a helluva alot more exciting, im just glad pitt held on.
January 17, 2006 10:49PM
Shortly after the game, Morelli said: "I had the defender catching the ball. Before he got up, he hit it with his leg with his other leg still on the ground. Therefore, he did not complete the catch. And then he lost the ball. It came out, and so we made the play an incomplete pass."

"The definition of a catch -- or in this case an interception -- states that in the process of making a catch a player must maintain possession of the ball after he contacts the ground," Pereira said.
..............................................................................................

LOL..so, how long must he maintain possesion after he contacts the ground...5 milliseconds or 5 seconds? And to think millions of dollars rests on how such a rule is interpreted. They have been emphasing this rule all season long that like when you catch a ball and go sailing out of bounds you've got to maintain possession as you tumble into the gatorade table...
January 18, 2006 01:02PM
Its such a BS rule!

There's a related rule that makes a little more sense to me. The rule, for reasons unknown, only applies when the player catches the ball, is hit by another player, and then the ball pops out. The rules says something like...The player must catch the ball, and make a "football move" in order for it to be ruled a catch.

Now, why can't that apply to Palamalu, who obviously caught the ball and made a football move before the ball popped out? it would eliminate the time factor.

I'm gonna write a letter
January 18, 2006 01:42PM
Ah, lets see...but you have to make that football move while in possession of the ball, something Palamalu didnt do unless you consider just starting to get up is a football move. What the hell is a football move anyway? And what if you catch the ball and just fall down without a football move and then the ball pops out after 2 seconds..is that a catch? The whole thing needs serious review and when they figure it all out let the viewing public in on how the rule is interpreted.
January 18, 2006 02:34PM
Football move? What the **** do they think they'd be doing out on the field, the Macarena??

/disagrees with the replay call
/agrees that it was a great game
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login