Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

another one bites the dust....

Posted by dirtweed 
another one bites the dust....
January 16, 2006 07:47PM
hey all you death penalty foes - some old fart white guy is getting fried tonite. oh where is the anger, where is the outrage???

papa ray
Re: another one bites the dust....
January 16, 2006 07:56PM
what old fart white guy iz dat???
January 16, 2006 07:56PM
WHATS HE DONE ?
January 16, 2006 09:07PM
For one thing, he ordered the killing of three witnesses while in prison for murder and one was killed along with a couple other innocent people...so much for the concept that life in prison without parole effectively safeguards society and prevents thugs like him from killing more people.
January 16, 2006 09:11PM
put him down as well then
January 16, 2006 09:11PM
And hey, just cuz he's white is no reason not to have sympathy for the guy....where's the rev jackson when we need him? wheres the protest and outrage?
January 17, 2006 06:01AM
He didn't make any attempt to redeem himself, he's just too sick to kill at this point. Death penalty is inherantly wrong, how many times you want us to say it.

January 17, 2006 07:16AM
Thank you Chimino, while this guy sounds like a complete *******, it's still wrong to kill people, whether their black,white, innocent, guilty, or whatever else, it's just wrong.
January 17, 2006 07:37AM
If you could forsee a death would you not try and stop it? If someone told you that it would happen at 12am anywhere in the world and you knew it was true, would you do your best to try and alert someone? If you really thought eye for an eye was a good idea, would you have really have done that?

Bleeding Heartlingly
Goatfoot
January 17, 2006 11:09AM

The guy was from Fresno: He killed some teenagers that lived next door to me when I was a boy. I used to shop at Fran's Market almost every day...

-s
bedward
January 17, 2006 11:21AM
Thou shalt not kill
papa ray
January 17, 2006 02:54PM
Thou shalt not commit adultery, but it goes on every day. NOW I recall this
piece of work, and from the flavor of posts here I see that the anti-execution
side didn't really rally to his side. Again, what tips me to not support execution
is the all-too-possible chance of an innocent person being executed by the state.
January 17, 2006 03:23PM
clarence ray allen,
in san quentin's prison death row,
age 76,
legally blind, nearly deaf, in a wheelchair,
on death row for 23 years,
January 17, 2006 03:29PM
from the UK Guardian
( 1/17/06 )

<<<
About two dozen people gathered outside the San Quentin prison gates as Allen's execution approached.
Jes Richardson, 57, told the Associated Press: "I pay taxes. I vote. It's murder and I feel because I'm a citizen of this state I'm indirectly responsible for that murder."

Before Allen, the oldest person executed in California since the reinstatement of the death penalty was a 61-year-old man put to death last January. He had spent 21 years on death row.

Last month in Mississippi, John Nixon, 77, became the oldest person executed in the US since capital punishment resumed ( in 1976 )
He did not pursue an appeal based on his age.
January 17, 2006 07:22PM
>>
age 76,
legally blind, nearly deaf, in a wheelchair,
on death row for 23 years,
<<

Hence the term "rot in jail."
-s
January 17, 2006 07:42PM
> About two dozen people gathered outside the San Quentin prison gates as Allen's execution approached.

deh ya hav it, sumbuddy DID care enuff...
January 17, 2006 08:05PM
goatfoot--your question about forseeing crime and would we prevent it reminds me of an ivy league study sampling x amount of men asking them if they would rape someone if they knew they would get away with it. the percentage of affirmative answers was pretty alarming. so then a feminist on her talk-radio program here at kboo asked her listeners if they knew they would get away with it, would they kill a rapist...whoa...what an uprising and outcry she got for this. it was years ago, but i remember the attention it garnered still.

m.

January 17, 2006 08:09PM
<---would kill a rapist, should they harm a loved one. Don't inform on me, tho.

January 17, 2006 08:29PM
Goatfoot asks: If you could forsee a death would you not try and stop it?

If it were Osama bin Laden's death, I would not try and stop it, i would do whatever I could to hasten it...we dont need another 3000 or more dead.
jb welda
January 17, 2006 08:35PM
>we dont need another 3000 or more dead

then we need to do something about us!

sounds to me like you buy the usa line hook line and sinker.

chimino was it you saying you oppose the death penalty? yet you would be judge jury and executioner?

these are the hard questions.

one love
jah bill
January 17, 2006 08:45PM
>then we need to do something about us!
>sounds to me like you buy the usa line hook line and sinker.

Perhaps doing something about us would help...like going after the real killers instead of invading Iraq.

If I want bin laden dead for killing 3000 Americans Im buying the usa line?
yuh a funny guy, jah bill. think again!
January 17, 2006 09:24PM
Yes I would Billy Boyo. Difference is...and I'm typing this slowly so you can understand...I don't expect the government to pursue and fllow thru with my personal sense of vengence.

jb welda
January 18, 2006 12:15AM
but chimino, and i will also type slowly so you can understand, then i take it that youre all against the death penalty unless something it would apply to directly affected someone you happened to know?

then in essence youre not against the death penalty, youre only against it in cases where you are against it and not in cases where youre not?

perhaps you should type a bit slower then. and i would say mr jesse jackson is in much the same boat.

rhythmwise: what i mean is, depending on how you might look at it, it was US (the usa) who killed those 3000 + people. it might not be a very popular viewpoint but i think it will be interesting in the future to hear the *real* story, assuming it is different from what appears to be the story there. and we all know how that never happens.

remember the maine!

one love
jah bill
Translucent
January 18, 2006 05:02AM
"remember the maine!"
YYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Translucent
January 18, 2006 05:06AM
Remember the Gulf of Tonkin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login