Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OT - RIP Wilson PICKETT

Posted by roots-ee 
OT - RIP Wilson PICKETT
January 19, 2006 04:57PM
Re: OT - RIP Wilson PICKETT
January 19, 2006 05:37PM
Wilson Pickett sang " I Found a Love" which is one of my favorite all time tunes; It was redone by the Jamaican Glen Ricks and surprisingly that version is as good as the original. It can be found on Reggae Lasting Love Songs, Vol 2 on VP records.
The man
January 20, 2006 05:23AM
Wilson was in The Falcons when he sung that song, one of my favourite tunes as a youth. Great organ and even greater screaming from Mr P.

Observer
papa ray
January 20, 2006 12:32PM
I cannot over-state the immensity of this man's presence on every stage I saw him, or how huge an impact he made in the 60s. Quite simply, there was no one in the world who could have taken a stage or audience away from the Wicked Wicked Pickett---he possessed a set of vocal pipes that sounded as if cast
from steel, w/ a falsetto that could take your eyebrows off. If you want to
watch WP drive a crowd to delerium, just check the footage in Soul To Soul,
where he has the crowd in Ghana going into hysterics. Having seen Otis, James Brown, Solomon Burke, Tyrone Davis, Al Green, Marvin Gaye, and others in their prime, I can state WP was in a Catagory All To Himself.

You could take every voice from the various seasons of 'American Idol',
and the'accumulated talent' would not be the equal to One Moment
of any Wilson Pickett performance, anywhere. We just will never see the likes of him again, for real.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login