January 20, 2006 05:51AM
Bad a$$ pic JB! You speak the truth!
mashdown45
Re: you cant tell me
January 20, 2006 07:37AM
i love that girls legs in the denim skirt
January 20, 2006 09:06AM
I should have been there.....next life eh?
Conscious Pilot
January 20, 2006 09:10AM
That's not Rodigan, it's Billy Graham....
January 20, 2006 09:17AM
haha....least its not part of the 700 club
January 20, 2006 09:48AM
Downbeat will crush that in April.

jb welda
January 20, 2006 04:56PM
for a minute there i thought you were going to tell me you would crush him chimino.

at that point i would have to point out you were having an unlimited movement of some kind there.

one love
jah bill
pale ryder
January 20, 2006 04:59PM
I liked GSUM much better...
January 25, 2006 05:16AM
Hah, David Rodigan, hero of tight-pants reggae snobs the world over.

@pale, it's still there...

Post Edited (01-24-06 21:17)
January 25, 2006 06:44AM
interestingly enough, I can't quite tell if this picture is from the 70s or 00s. red sports jersey on the guy on the right is about the only thing giving it away...
yasus
January 25, 2006 01:37PM
Rodigan is a HISTORIAN in the business !! Shut Up Chimino.
January 25, 2006 08:57PM
Historian? Wowee...if I hear one more clash where he references Spur Tree Hill or 1985 vs Barry G I think I'll vomit.

BG
January 25, 2006 11:14PM
Roddigan ah mi DUPS
jb welda
January 25, 2006 11:56PM
not sure what a "DUPS" is but suffice it to say, with all due respect, roddy would wipe the floor with chimino and still have one hand free to change dubplates while he was doing it.

ps to algoriddim: in the 70s rodigan had a head full of hair so i would guess the photo is more likely from the 00s.

one love
jah bill
BG
January 26, 2006 12:18AM
lol.
a dups = like a supa dups from blk chiney, or one who is like a key breddrin, a dups

i just saying, i been rate roddy from 19-how long. he wikid. hence the worldwide travel and entire year touring he does.
levi-t
January 26, 2006 12:26AM
greatest clash in history?
jb welda
January 26, 2006 12:36AM
awrite bg, now that i can agree with!

one love
jah bill
lightingclap
January 26, 2006 01:13AM
Just watched a video of a JA clash. That man is in a class by himself.
trinitymlk
January 26, 2006 01:18AM
The Enyce sweatshirt in the background dates the photo from '97 or later. Probably more recent, as those limeys are always late to pick up the fashions.

jb welda
January 26, 2006 02:43AM
>those limeys are always late to pick up the fashions

thats pretty funny...because when you think about it, ever since the beatles the UK has been a good and consistent 10 years ahead of the usa in matters of music, culture and fashion. check it and youll see.

roddys outfit notwithstanding of course.

one love
jah bill
aka_richie
February 08, 2006 01:57PM
...what the uk has been consistently good at since time immemorial, is assimilating other people's cultures and then recycling it back at them - usually with approx a ten year stop-gap, in which time the originators have long moved on!

papa ray
February 08, 2006 03:12PM
Or as I once put it to an Eric Clapton fan, 'SOME Americans need the British to chew American music up for them before being able to taste it on their own.'
aka_richie
February 08, 2006 03:38PM
nice, p-ray!

February 08, 2006 04:46PM
true true papa ray
February 08, 2006 04:53PM
Rodigan's radio shows were a revelation to me when I lived in the UK in the 80s, every Saturday for 2 hours he would knit the entire geographically dispersed West Indian community together with oldies, the newest hits, dedications, contests, jokes, call-ins, interviews, upcoming events, announcements and most of all his contagious enthusiasm for the music and the culture.

Pipsqueeks on the board who diss him don't know nothing about it.
February 08, 2006 06:13PM
True , guvna!

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..
jb welda
February 09, 2006 12:56AM
>assimilating other people's cultures and then recycling it back at them - usually
>with approx a ten year stop-gap, in which time the originators have long moved
>on!

im afraid i dont see it like that at all. what "other peoples culture" are you talking about? white rock and rollers? black blues men?

and fashion: you mean punk was a recycling of something from someone elses culture? how about the carnaby street thing back in the early 60s?

and then we have the matter of popular acceptance of music. reggae? blues? punk? rock and roll? all were much more accepted by the brits while the mainstream in the usa looked on them as miscreants, hoodlums or worse until finally they started getting sold in macys and the masses embraced them. well except for reggae, it never has really been accepted here as much more than a marginal backwater music despite how the reggae *fashion* may have caught on.

besides its the old chicken and egg story and theres nothing really new under the sun anyhow.

re: mike turners remark: right on pal, now we got to convince a certain guy to get him out here.

one love
jah bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login